XenForo-optimised VPS hosting

From what I understand he's got his own servers located within Bursts datacentre. :)

But also, the servers are not in the same building as their hosted servers. FWIW, I haven't had any power or network issues since February, which is when our servers were provisioned there.

But also, the servers are not in the same building as their hosted servers. FWIW, I haven't had any power or network issues since February, which is when our servers were provisioned there.

How does that work then have you purchased your own physical servers then had them plugged in at their site or going through a 3rd party who happens to have their servers at the Burst datacentre?

How does that work then have you purchased your own physical servers then had them plugged in at their site or going through a 3rd party who happens to have their servers at the Burst datacentre?

Basically, the BurstNET facility in Scranton has three buildings, 1 administration + 2 server datacenters - 1 for their servers, and 1 for colocation customers. Co-located servers, such as RS', are plugged into one of the rack zones :)

Most of the support staff operate from the administration building/office - there are a few staff housed at the datacenter buildings for reboots etc.

Hmmm intresting as Burst told us during the 4 hour power outage they had last month where the back up generators failed too that the entire Scranton power grid was down. Glad we left them considering they would lie to their customers and such a big company as Volume Drive on what really happened since you still had power. Oddly though, VD co-lo's there too. So very odd it didn't effect the entire co-lo building, but only the major players that co-lo there. I heard though, the reseller building that houses the resold VPS stuff generators worked though.

Hmmm intresting as Burst told us during the 4 hour power outage they had last month where the back up generators failed too that the entire Scranton power grid was down. Glad we left them considering they would lie to their customers and such a big company as Volume Drive on what really happened since you still had power. Oddly though, VD co-lo's there too. So very odd it didn't effect the entire co-lo building, but only the major players that co-lo there. I heard though, the reseller building that houses the resold VPS stuff generators worked though.

Unfortunately, I don't know that much about their setup to comment on this.

Hey Shamil, remember to stick your VAT number up.

Cheers - Just about to do that, I love global template headers.

I was hoping for a nice clear VAT cert, it looks like a letter and half of the page is about changing your details if they aren't correct - on really bad quality paper - at least it's recycled, :P

A new octocore server is coming this week. Specials deals available, as always, via PM!

Looking to the future, a UK server will be coming based on a fluid storage system by Dell.

cPanel now allows the users to choose what libs they install? surely.

Also, how can you optimise xenforo? it's already optimised at software level? Which is why we like it.

What the question really should be is which ISP is going to give me a VPS that will continue to run fast all the time, for the amount of disk activity required.

cPanel now allows the users to choose what libs they install? surely.

Also, how can you optimise xenforo? it's already optimised at software level? Which is why we like it.

What the question really should be is which ISP is going to give me a VPS that will continue to run fast all the time, for the amount of disk activity required.

There are small things which can be done to optimize the run-time environment for the XenForo forum; both at software and server level. You only need to look at the forum articles here to see this.

If you don't overload servers, then most forums will be running at their optimal speed for the given time.

There are small things which can be done to optimize the run-time environment for the XenForo forum; both at software and server level. You only need to look at the forum articles here to see this.

If you don't overload servers, then most forums will be running at their optimal speed for the given time.

think we are talking about 2 different things.

I'm talking about stability of the underlaying dependancy of any forum. the server and it's environment.

what you are saying can be said for any application on the net today.

From a software perspective xenforo is already optimised. The question still remains.

I'm talking about stability of the underlaying dependancy of any forum. the server and it's environment.

From a software perspective xenforo is already optimised. The question still remains.

From a software perspective, XenForo out of the box can be further optimized for the environment.

His point is that the VPS are already configured for better performance for XenForo (APC, MySQL, PHP). Thats the main point of his service, though people can do it themselves, it saves them time.

His point is that the VPS are already configured for better performance for XenForo (APC, MySQL, PHP). Thats the main point of his service, though people can do it themselves, it saves them time.

The other point is that it's a service, and not a one time thing, i.e periodic evaluations will be done to reoptimise the operating environment etc.

Top Bottom