XenForo 1.3 General Discussion & Feedback

You were right. :D

I'm going to install it on my live site today. With the full respected understanding that I do so at my own risk. But I love getting my members involved in beta testing so here we go.....
And if anyone else is thinking of following my lead. My only advise is...

Backup
Backup
Backup
Backup
Backup --- Everything.

Now you have no excuses. :P

Just finished upgrading my test install. Everything seems to be working, and only a couple of outdated templates with UI.X

You'd need to contact your host (it's the disable_functions php.ini directive).

You'd need to contact your host (it's the disable_functions php.ini directive).

The directive is set by default on my debian installation:

disable_functions = pcntl_alarm,pcntl_fork,pcntl_waitpid,pcntl_wait,pcntl_wifexited,pcntl_wifstopped,pcntl_wifsignaled,pcntl_wexitstatus,pcntl_wtermsig,pcntl_wstopsig,pcntl_signal,pcntl_signal_dispatch,pcntl_get_last_error,pcntl_strerror,pcntl_sigprocmask,pcntl_sigwaitinfo,pcntl_sigtimedwait,pcntl_exec,pcntl_getpriority,pcntl_setpriority,

Do you think XenForo needs any of those functions?

This was a great upgrade :)

Everything worked fine, all addons are running and my custom sytle also looks good :)

thanks!

It would be nice to start a thread on what add ons everyone is currently using and ya/na if they are working properly on 1.3.

I'm really looking forward to the Google+ and Twitter integration but because I have a cold, I'm gonna sit this one out for awhile until I feel better. I used to have issues occasionally with guiltar's version of google+ and twitter integration due to those services changing stuff all the time. There will probably be more frequent Xenforo update now cause of that.

Be especially careful with add-ons that cover similar features to ones that are added to 1.3; these may conflict with the core XenForo data. If data conflicts are found, they will need to be resolved in a new add-on release or by removing the add-on before upgrading to 1.3.

Please provide listing of addons where there may exist data conflict. peace

The most up to date and accurate information about add-on compatibility should be available from the resource threads.

A list as you're requesting is difficult to maintain accurately. The information is best given by the add on developer and its users in the place it is most relevant.

Top Bottom