• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenDynamic - Wordpress Theme

Maybe I misread the directions but here's how I have it configured

<test folder> - Wordpress lives here
<testfolder/forums> - XF lives here
In Theme Options I have "/forums" for XF path
Can you send me a link to this so I can check it out?

Can you please consider adding an option as to where the default Forum style for the wordpress can be different from the default forum theme for the actual forum?

Hi Bambua,

I love the potential of this and I want to use it full time once all the bugs are ironed out. I havent read through the read as I dont have time at the moment but I am using XF 1.04. Using the latest version of your mod on WP 3.2

The whole concept works amazing. I love how the login bar shows on the WP side, style matches very nicely. Posts look a little out of whack in terms of alignment and fonts etc but Im sure thats something youre working on?

I get some weird error at the top of the screen, not sure what it means? screenshot below

Untitled.webp

I noticed this doesnt work with a premium WP plugin. Event Calendar pro 2.0(came out a few weeks ago) screenshot of error below
events.webp

There also another mod I wanted to use 'tubepress' which this theme also doesnt support as all the videos are lined up in one column instead of how it looks @ http://tubepress.org/demo/

Help would be appreciated, keep up the great work!

Both errors in that screenshot are telling you that the scripts you are using (this mod and this WP plugin you are talking about) are using some outdated code that could be replaced by something faster or better or more secure in some way. They are not actually telling anything has faield to work, it's just a notice for the person who made the script to update it.

I think you can force your server to ignore the error and not display it by adding "error_reporting(0);" to the top of the PHP file the error is refering to. (After the "<php" tag. )

I'm not too good at PHP myself, but I think that will work. (untested)

It's sort of notice is more likley to happen when you are using a really bleeding edge new version of your webserver with PHP addon.

Both errors in that screenshot are telling you that the scripts you are using (this mod and this WP plugin you are talking about) are using some outdated code that could be replaced by something faster or better or more secure in some way. They are not actually telling anything has faield to work, it's just a notice for the person who made the script to update it.

I think you can force your server to ignore the error and not display it by adding "error_reporting(0);" to the top of the PHP file the error is refering to. (After the "<php" tag. )

I'm not too good at PHP myself, but I think that will work. (untested)

It's sort of notice is more likley to happen when you are using a really bleeding edge new version of your webserver with PHP addon.
Thanks for that. I realised after I posted in here that the first screenshot was probably just PHP reporting errors which I need to turn off.

As for the 2nd screenshot I hope Bambua finds the time to make it more compatible, this has great potential.

Thanks for your help Anseur

The second screenshot is because of how I supressed the errors in XenDynamic, I can adjust it and probably should so you don't see the depreciated line. As for the tubepress error, can you send me a link to where you have it running? It looks like it's just a CSS issue.

Once this is finalized, will it be prone to breaking if either XF or WP has an update or will the template calls survive? I'm torn between styling WP from scratch to match as best i can or go with an amazing/automatic system like this one.

Once this is finalized, will it be prone to breaking if either XF or WP has an update or will the template calls survive? I'm torn between styling WP from scratch to match as best i can or go with an amazing/automatic system like this one.
I say it probably won't be a significant issue as Bambua has been fixing bugs very timely.
I think he'd be quite on top of problems that come from xF or WP updates.

I think xF + xendynamic + xenscript's WP-XF bridge would be a quantum leap for your site.

Thanks. I've been trying to find a way to unify the cobbled together site(s) I have now. Of course the plan was vB4 2+ years ago but that never happened. I just want to make sure that when I migrate, upgrades won't break one half of the site or the other. I had tested Bambua's first version of this and liked it but I also have to look at migrating my static .html site to WP.

Once I get the kinks ironed out of the newest release of this it should be pretty stable except for 2 things:

1. Xenforo doesn't change it's auto loader (doubt this will happen)
  2. WordPress releases a major version change
I've got the new version pretty close to testing, and I have some volunteers for that. As soon as that is done I will be releasing the second version of this.

This is beautiful. I'm getting confused at which monitor is the blog and which is the forum... they look so very integrated. PP inbound

I've noticed that the XF 'search' box that shows in WP does not search the WP posts. It's actually giving me an error when I try it at all but that could be me: Please specify a search query or the name of a member.

I've noticed that the XF 'search' box that shows in WP does not search the WP posts. It's actually giving me an error when I try it at all but that could be me: Please specify a search query or the name of a member.
Can you send me a link to where you set this up, I'll get you a fix for it.

In the file wp-content/themes/XenDynamic/includes/xf_integration.php find this:
PHP:
$buffer = str_replace('<form action="index.php?search/search" method="post"', '<form action="/" method="get"', $buffer);

After it add this:
PHP:
$buffer = str_replace('<form action="search/search" method="post"', '<form action="/" method="get"', $buffer);

Let me know if that works or not.

Kind of a silly question: since I see there's an update coming, should I wait to download this until then or do it now and upgrade once it's out? [I haven't posted anything to the blog yet (waiting on final things like this to be ironed out first), so there isn't really any danger of me wrecking things.]

Kind of a silly question: since I see there's an update coming, should I wait to download this until then or do it now and upgrade once it's out? [I haven't posted anything to the blog yet (waiting on final things like this to be ironed out first), so there isn't really any danger of me wrecking things.]
Anything that works with the current version out now will work with the new one...so if you want to download it and start playing with it/adjusting styling if you need to there's no reason to wait.

bambua you said you would be releasing the new versin of xendynamic which fixes the font issues. WHen will you be doing that?

bambua you said you would be releasing the new versin of xendynamic which fixes the font issues. WHen will you be doing that?
What specific font issue are you speaking of? And the answer really is as soon as possible. I have a lot going on right now and I'm squeezing in the development in whenever I can.

Top Bottom