Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may need to copy them from styles/default/xengallery to styles/yourstyle/imagepath/xengallery

So wherever your images are stored in your style. They will look different to the screenshot as that screenshot is taken in XMG 2.1.
Now I fixed. The correct path to copy xengallery folder images is in the root folder of my Style and it worked.

from styles/default/xengallery
to styles/yourstyle/xengallery

This works for me.
Thanks.

Also, there is some error in horisontal scroll. Only some pictures show there, if I click on icon to scroll to next one, only 2-3 new is show up. There is much more photos in albums.
That's why there's a different one in XMG 2.1.
Now I fixed. The correct path to copy xengallery folder images is in the root folder of my Style and it worked.

from styles/default/xengallery
to styles/yourstyle/xengallery

This works for me.
Thanks.
That's what I said :-) Glad it's working now.

How can I import it from Xen Medio Pro? I havnt installed this addon yet on our main site because Xenmedio shows /media - so im not sure if I can have both installed and on at the same time? If not, how do I import the videos from Xen Medio?

Another question, will it import our stats?

Total Media:
Total Playlists:
Total Categories:
Total Comments:
Total Likes:
Total Views:

There is a similar stats block in XMG. That will get rebuilt automatically every hour or so.

You can change the media part of the URL. There is already a Route Filter.

Go to Admin CP > Route Filters find xengallery in the list and change media to whatever you like.

Then you can do the import.

Tools > Import External Data

Look for Xen Medio => Xen Media Gallery in the list.

You should at the very least back up your entire board before doing the import but preferably as well test the import out first on a test installation.

I am pleased to announce that Xen Media Gallery 2.1 includes an importer from Photopost vBGallery for vBulletin 3 and vBulletin 4. Thank you to @0ptima for dedicating a lot of time to helping me test this importer.

I am also pleased to announce that Xen Media Gallery 2.1 includes a Photopost Pro Importer. The Photopost Pro Importer comes in two flavours and as such assumes you have linked your Photopost Pro user database to either vBulletin or XenForo.

To import from Photopost Pro with vBulletin integration you must have a complete import log from when you import from vBulletin to XenForo.

To import from Photopost Pro with XenForo integration, the user details are pulled from the current XenForo database you are importing into.

As Xen Media Gallery 2.1 only supports image uploads, only valid image types will be imported from Photopost Pro.

Last edited:
So I just bought an image host script for my image hosting site and I think if I used your product it would literally be better.

I should have looked at this more before wasting a few bucks on that other thing.

Seems like I always end up with a reason to buy a new xf license!

This looks like an amazing add-on and I am very strongly considering it. I have a few questions first though

Is it SEO compatible? Are the images being indexed with titles, descriptions(i.e will they show up in google image searches for relevant keywords)?

Is it possible to disable showing the Exif Data, or even strip it from the photos? I'd rather not show this.

Best Regards,

Yes, media items, albums, and categories are all indexed as you would expect:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=X...4.7303j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8

And there is an XFR User Albums importer too.

In the Admin options you can disable the EXIF parameters so it doesn't show but the EXIF data isn't stripped. If you disable all of the EXIF parameters, this is the only stuff that will show:

upload_2014-4-24_22-18-8.webp

And if you don't want that to show, you can easily remove that from the templates.

:( Getting close to three months now since a maintenance release to license holders to fix the outstanding bugs in 2.0.6. Beta is suppose to be feature locked. It sucks seeing a live site running it and not being able to run it on license holder sites. /endrant.

Looking forward to it whenever it is available though.

I have made a number of improvements to thumbnails in Xen Media Gallery 2.1.

Media Thumbnails

I am certain that some of you will regularly see a situation like this:

upload_2014-4-26_20-6-13.webp

Some video services, especially Facebook, provide no feasible way to easily grab a videos thumbnail. There are already some options to get around this. One thing you could do is specify in the Admin CP a specific file to be used as a video thumbnail.

You can see that this approach has been taken by @MattW to deal with Sound Cloud embeds: https://z22se.co.uk/media/users/matt.1/

But, for some videos, you or your users may want to upload custom images to be used as thumbnails. In the media item there is now a link to "Change Media Thumbnail" which opens an overlay:

upload_2014-4-26_20-6-38.webp

All you need to do is click on "Choose File" browse your computer for a suitable file.

You will see now the media file has a thumbnail:

upload_2014-4-26_20-6-47.webp

Repeat for the others:

upload_2014-4-26_20-7-1.webp

Although it mostly makes sense to do this with video embeds that don't automatically get a thumbnail, there's actually nothing to stop you from doing the same with a photo that has a perfectly good thumbnail already generated.

For example, I may upload this Angry Bird wallpaper:

upload_2014-4-26_20-7-13.webp

Which would automatically generate a thumbnail like this:

upload_2014-4-26_20-7-23.webp

But for some reason I may want to create my own thumbnail which after I upload looks like this:

upload_2014-4-26_20-7-34.webp

Once a thumbnail is set, nothing can automatically reset it. What I mean by this is, there are a number of image manipulations and rebuilds that would ordinarily recreate the thumbnail, e.g. flip, flop, rotate or cropping the image would regenerate its thumbnail. Of course also rebuilding the thumbnails would also recreate the thumbnail in normal circumstances. None of these actions will cause the thumbnail to re-generate, but you can re-generate the thumbnail by deleting the custom thumbnail (note the "Delete current thumnbail" checkbox in the upload overlay.

Album Thumbnails

As you will know already, albums have their thumbnails generated automatically. With 2.1 it is possible to have a bit more control over this.

A new link on the album view "Change Album Thumbnail" loads this overlay:

upload_2014-4-26_20-7-42.webp

With this overlay, you can select the media items you wish to be part of the album thumbnail (they get cycled through when you hover over the album thumbnail).

You can even drag to change the order by which they cycle through.

Or, alternatively, you may only want one of the media items to feature as part of the album thumbnail. In which case, hovering over the album thumbnail won't do anything. It will only display a single thumbnail.

From this overlay you can also choose "Random Thumbnail". This effectively resets the album thumbnail to be a random selection of media items within the album that cycle through when you hover.

Previously it was hardcoded so that a maximum of 5 media items would be used to make an album thumbnail. This is actually tunable in the Admin CP Options now.

One final option available in the overlay is similar to the media thumbnail above:

upload_2014-4-26_20-8-0.webp

I may want to create my own, special, thumbnail for my album and upload that. The end result:

upload_2014-4-26_20-8-12.webp

Hope you guys like this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom