WYSIWYG editor in Pages

Shanj

Logician's templates let me edit the page with WYSWYG.
I can also enable my mods to edit like that.
Can these Pages do that? Much faster and easier for simple text + pics stuff.

Also I want some Pages access permissions by usergroup or several.
Even better for my homepage I want PARTS of the page per usergroup! To give links to their forums and info guide pages, section to have their own colour theme and symbol.
Could be done by a link on the central page for each usergroup but ... nicer if it's appears like just one.

Upvote 27
ok I want this too but I do know that logician is way way busy. Unlikely to do new mods work though I agree this would be an awesome facility.

However I do have my own tame coder who has done ace work for me via vb. I'll set him to work familiarising on xf. This would be a high priority addition for him to do for me.

Any updates on this? I am looking for an easy way to create Xenforo pages. So far it's been totally confusing. Wish we had a roadmap for when the CMS will be ready.

Really want a pages WYSIWYG Editor!
I want both of them.
Sounds interesting.
I hope so;)
CMS will be ready.

Using XenPorta's Articles Styling and Jake's Nodes as Tabs addon, you can turn a Forum into Articles Tab !

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/using-xenportas-new-forum-styling-for-articles.22027/

OK guys .... sit tight ... NEWSFLASH
the first trial is going on my site RIGHT NOW!

Create Library Node
(can be renamed to e.g. Directory)

Creates a static page with XF wrapper.

Frontend edit via bbcode with Edit permission.
Node hierarchy, Categories as parent.

For this first simple stage graphics probably won't upload at least not in the next 24 hours!
but can use the bbcode Insert/ edit image if uploaded separately.
(Don't forget there's a mod to wrap text in bbcode)

There is no automatic directory to list page links yet, so I'll be making that manually on a root.
I should be using it later tonight or tomorrow.

I'd break out the mead bottle but I gotta work late tonight.

Creates a static page with XF wrapper.​
I'm not sure I understand the strengths and weaknesses of this approach.​
Frontend edit via bbcode
Full Xenforo BBcode ?​
with Edit permission.
Nice.​
Node hierarchy, Categories as parent.
"Nodeless" pages or pages that can appear in any Node easily would be useful.

There is no automatic directory to list page links yet, so I'll be making that manually on a root.
Automatic directories always seem limited anyway.
Suggestion: To make creating manual directories easier ... the most basic thing (probably easy too) is to provide a list of the Names of all the pages and the URLs for the pages. If a list could be generated (listed in chronological order of date created).

For this first simple stage graphics probably won't upload at least not in the next 24 hours!

Where ?

Q: will the pages be stored as posts in the xenforo tables ... and thus will show up in "What's New?" ?
Q: Comments ?

Really sounds great.

OK I'll try to answer - I realised this was going to be exciting but I had to let you guys know otherwise it felt unfair.
I've now run a test and it's very sleek.

Full Xenforo BBcode ? It's the same bbcode edit (tinymce) as we use on the forums.

The Library items are a new type of node.
They seem to act like containers for the actual pages/ or like a forum that contains threads.

You create a node as normal choosing from Category, Forum, Library, Link Forum, Page.

In admincp give it a Title, Description - appears as for any other node like category, forum, at top of the page.
Select root node or give it a Parent node. Can be any other type of node or an existing Library, far as I can see on a quick test.
Display order?
Display in node list?

On the frontend navigate to the new Library node.
You see the page title with page description as normal as if for forum or category.
Below is a button Create New Article.

It opens a big textarea exactly like a forum post except no upload button yet.
(There's the Insert/ Link button on the editor for images - upload comes later)

Compose or paste in
Preview
or
Create Article.

Have a look at my front page and you'll see the new Library node right at the top: Open Library.

Library ( list)

Article appears as a simple title link on the Library page.
This of course will be developed later.

Articles:
1. http://www.housemorgain.co.uk/circle/articles/hurray-hurray-hurray.2/
2. The second article you can't see the pic because I muddled the permissions.
3. http://www.housemorgain.co.uk/circle/articles/rhiannon-the-huge-kitty-this-one-works.4/

Does anyone know if a WYSIWYG editor for xenforo pages has been modded by anyone yet?

Ive had a look at the various options including Morgains Library mod, which seems ideal except it places the pages in a directory, rather then having it as just a standalone page.

Does anyone know if a WYSIWYG editor for xenforo pages has been modded by anyone yet?
Ive had a look at the various options including Morgains Library mod, which seems ideal except it places the pages in a directory, rather then having it as just a standalone page.

I haven't seen anyone doing a bbcode/ WYSWYG editor on the Pages.

The Library addon by Waindigo (on my specs) treats a page like a thread. So it has to have a container.
If you want an article to appear directly in the node tree you do it by creating a Link Forum to point at the article.
The article itself sits in its Library. The Library can be set to appear or not appear in the node tree as you prefer.

This should have been in the core by now. Seems to be an easy thing to add which has a lot of value. Right now, creating pages that look right is EXTREMELY difficult and you have to code all the html by hand, even simple stuff takes a long time. Please put this in the core, people have been asking for it since August 21, 2010 (the start of this thread).

Well the great news is it appears were not too far away from having a WYSIWYG editor mod soon! Ragtek announced that he has got it working in his Enhanced pages mod.....Just waiting for a release now!

Top Bottom