Resource icon

WordPress get Last Forum Posts 1.4.0

No permission to download
I made the switch to PDO. Getting the same results, with a slightly different error message:
Hi Key,
Most likely it is a setting in the admin control panel that isn't correct. The plugin can't read the file for the username / password to be able to connect to the xenforo database.

If you send me a link to your website, I can guess at what the settings should be.
Thanks

I was having the same problem as Silvan

"Please use the back button to return to the prior page.
Warning: mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in/var/sites/d/dev.wearepopslags.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/eipSoftware/shared/cls/cls_runquery.php on line 35"

when I updated the code as you suggested it now returns

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PRIVATE in /home/c2cahoon/public_html/projects/mvp/wp-content/plugins/eipSoftware/shared/cls/cls_runquery.php on line 41"

any ideas on how to fix this?

I was having the same problem as Silvan

"Please use the back button to return to the prior page.
Warning: mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in/var/sites/d/dev.wearepopslags.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/eipSoftware/shared/cls/cls_runquery.php on line 35"

when I updated the code as you suggested it now returns

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PRIVATE in /home/c2cahoon/public_html/projects/mvp/wp-content/plugins/eipSoftware/shared/cls/cls_runquery.php on line 41"

any ideas on how to fix this?

I uploaded a new version so you can see the error message better.
The error is being caused because the plug in can't find your xenforo configuration file. See my note above.

Thanks Easy. Site is timelapse.org
Hi Key:

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. See my notes from today, I updated the plug in, to help show what the error message is.
Most likely it is because the system can't find your xenforo configuration file.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks

is it not possible to make the widget automatically inherit the current themes css? I can install various other custom widgets and they work straight off the bat. how come this is different?

I can not, for the life of me, get this plugin to locate the forum directory file.
I am having the same problem.

Code:
The forum directory file:
/var/www/community/library/config.php
could not be located.

At 10/23/2012 23.09.14 an unexpected error was generated.

Please use the back button to return to the prior page.

I have checked and rechecked and this is definitely the correct directory. I also tried the other directory option (/httpdocs/community/library) and this fails too.

Such a shame as it is exactly what I need.

Neither of those look correct.

don't use var www or httpdocs in the URL.
Thanks Doc, but using any combination:

/community/library/config.php
/var/www/community/library/config.php
/httpdocs/community/library/config.php

I even tried the IP address (domain name hasn't been setup yet) and that didn't work either.

Perhaps once the domain name is in place... but from the instructions it seems that it should only be a relative path.

theArchitect:
where is wordpress installed ?
where is Xenforo installed ?

Try - don't forget the . or .. (at the beginning).

./community/library/config.php
../community/library/config.php
./community/forums/library/config.php
../community/forums/library/config.php

/var/www/community/forums/library/config.php

Here are 5 to try.

I take it you installed Xenforo to /community

I'd blame it on you if hundreds of people don't make same mistakes daily, for the past 20 years.
It's like www software, or software in general, never listens.

glad it's up and running.

whoa.. this is EXACTLY what I need. But my site doesn't use widgets, I call directly from the PHP code. :confused: How would I call this from PHP ? Please help, really want to use this :( (y)

Top Bottom