• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

I just installed this bridge on a wordpress 3.0.2 and XF beta 4 and all seems to be working well. Great mod!
Wow, nice .. I was just looking to see if someone tested it yet with beta4. Sweet .. *updates a site with this*

Hi i have a question , i have done something wrong with the Wordpress that i have installed in my server so i would like to completely remove it and install a new one and install this plugin. But my question is ,would my forum be effected in any way at all ? i will completely remove the Database and wp and reinstall a new one. Would it somehow effect my Forums ? my guess is it shouldnt because its only connected via a plugin but i wanted to make sure so i am asking here

Beta4 didn't fix this...

WP and XF are bridged and extremely functional for an XF admin user, but if I login as a mod, registered user, etc... its not logging the XF registered user into WP via this bridge. That means this bridge is failing somewhere and doesn't work correctly, as only the admin user is useless, as users can't comment.

This has become quite frustrating to say the least. XFRocks... are you aware of this issue? Any possible solution? I have done full and relative path, tried the global salt in both the plugin and config methods, I have tried adding the cookie into the config, etc etc... still will not cross reference the other usergroups.

Well... I read through this entire thread last night, literally begun just swapping and playing with settings, and it finally begun to work. Don't know why, don't know what the quirk was, but I just kept at it and finally got it to function. Now I just hope it stays that way.

Well... I read through this entire thread last night, literally begun just swapping and playing with settings, and it finally begun to work. Don't know why, don't know what the quirk was, but I just kept at it and finally got it to function. Now I just hope it stays that way.

I think some issues with cookies, mainly with users that may have already been logged in. I had one member that was having trouble on the test board and I got him to clear his cache and cookies and all is working well for him. Everything works great for me and the 5 other guys on the site as well. I also tested with registering a new member and everything works fine with the new registration as well. I also tested with moving a member from normal member to moderator and all works that way too with the wordpress permissions.

I think some issues with cookies, mainly with users that may have already been logged in.
I agree... I registered a new member to test with, and it worked fine... so I knew an existing issue was there for logged in / prior members. Started clearing caches, wiping cookies, etc... and it started working.

I agree... I registered a new member to test with, and it worked fine... so I knew an existing issue was there for logged in / prior members. Started clearing caches, wiping cookies, etc... and it started working.

Yep, cookies are a pain sometimes. Delicious to eat and beneficial for sites most of the time LOL.

I did notice yesterday I had an issue with not being able to log out but I don't want to blame it on the bridge as I was trying to troubleshoot a database issue which was my fault because I changed the min search length in the mysql config file but forgot to rebuild all of me search indexes for the different sites. During the process of trying to figure out what was going on I disabled the bridge. I think this is what caused my not being able to log out issue which was fixed by clearing my cookies and cache and logging back in.

I do have the cookie domain set in the xf config file. I really don't know it if it needed or not but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Have you adjusted the settings for the bridge in the wordpress settings? Have you added your cookie domain to your config file for xf?
I've configured plugin but it doesn't work. I can access wordpress users menu instead of forum users.
On my other site with XF beta2 plugin works fine.

Works fine with Xenforo beta 5..

xfrocks, is there a way to redirect the user after login in through the login link on wordpress to the wp-admin? it currently redirects to the main wordpress page, making the user having to go and click on site admin to see the panel.

Thanks!

I installed all of your Wordpress mods, both for Wordpress and for xF. No issues installing. Instructions were easy to follow. User integration appears to work spot on. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is why the WP post format gets munged.
This: http://www.power-systems.org/community/blog/
looks different than this: http://www.power-systems.org/wp/
The latter is properly formatted according to how I wrote the post. Any guidance from anyone would be helpful. Thanks is advance and thank you for such useful add-ons.

You have a
Code:
margin-bottom: 24px;
for your blog entries on Wordpress. You have to add a margin-bottom for your entries on XenForo, too. Try to add something like this in your CSS:
Code:
.entry-content p {margin-bottom: 24px;}
.entry-content ul {margin-bottom: 24px;}
.entry-content ol {margin-bottom: 24px;}
This only adds the bottom space between paragraphs and lists. You'll have to add the look of lists, too.

So what's need to make this truely seemless is a the extra content to add to extra.css so that Wordpress posts will be displayed as written? Did I miss instructions somewhere? I know I'm not the first person to install this so I must have screwed up somewhere, I just can't seem to find where.

I installed this and after filling out the forum path and global salt, I pressed OK and it forwarded me directly to my forum home. Thinking this was weird, I entered my wordpress dashboard URL so I could try log in again, but it automatically forwarded me to my forum home, effectively shutting me out. Not cool!

I installed this and after filling out the forum path and global salt, I pressed OK and it forwarded me directly to my forum home. Thinking this was weird, I entered my wordpress dashboard URL so I could try log in again, but it automatically forwarded me to my forum home, effectively shutting me out. Not cool!
Sorry for that :(

Well, i tested this for beta 5 and it has completely kicked me out of the WordPress admin panel. Also it shows me not logged in. I tried logging in and nothing happens.

Well, i tested this for beta 5 and it has completely kicked me out of the WordPress admin panel. Also it shows me not logged in. I tried logging in and nothing happens.

Try adding this to you config.php file under library/
Code:
$config['cookie']['domain'] = '.yourdomain.com';

Top Bottom