• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

Does WP and Xen have to be on the same webspace or can they be on different sites? Not that we would probably need this, simply wanting to know.

Thank you very much for this bridge , i have one simple question
can i pull out like latest threads from each section/catagories like 5 from each and post it on front page ?

Does WP and Xen have to be on the same webspace or can they be on different sites? Not that we would probably need this, simply wanting to know.

If you mean by "different sites" different domains, that won't work due to coockie issues. As far as I know they have to be on the same physical server.

Thank you very much for this bridge , i have one simple question
can i pull out like latest threads from each section/catagories like 5 from each and post it on front page ?

Do you mean pull latest forum threads into the frontpage of wordpress?

download > simplepie.org
make a folder in root called "php", upload simplepie.inc inside.
make a folder called "cache" in root, make it writable.

for wordpress theme index.php:

PHP:
<h2>Some Title</h2>
<div class="someclass">
<ul><?php
include_once $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/php/simplepie.inc'; // path to include script
$feed = new SimplePie(); // bake a new pie
$feed->set_feed_url('http://xenforo.com/community/forums/add-on-requests.35/index.rss');  // specify feed url
$feed->set_cache_duration (999); // specify cache duration in seconds
$feed->handle_content_type(); // text/html utf-8 character encoding
$check = $feed->init(); // script initialization check
?>
<?php if ($check) : ?>
<?php foreach ($feed->get_items(0, 5) as $item) : ?>
<li><strong><a href='<?php echo $item->get_permalink(); ?>' onclick="window.open(this.href,'newwin'); return false;"
        title='<?php echo 'Posted '.$item->get_date('j F Y | g:i a'); ?>'>
        <?php echo $item->get_title(); ?></a></strong><br /><?php echo ''.$item->get_date('d-m-y'); ?> Posted by <?php $creator = $item->get_item_tags('http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/','creator'); echo $creator[0]['data']; ?></li>
        <?php endforeach; ?></ul>
        <?php else : ?>
<h2>Feeds currently not available</h2>
<p>Please try again later</p>
<?php endif; ?>
</div>

use your own forum RSS links like how I added above
http://xenforo.com/community/forums/add-on-requests.35/index.rss

then you have a usable block with 5 latest posts from xenforo on wordpress frontpage, or whatever template file you like.
But, you need to style it. ("someclass")

Capture (1).webp

this is using the default wordpress rss widget with everything enabled. It's horrible.

rssside.webp

Do you mean pull latest forum threads into the frontpage of wordpress?

download > simplepie.org
make a folder in root called "php", upload simplepie.inc inside.
make a folder called "cache" in root, make it writable.

for wordpress theme index.php:

use your own forum RSS links like how I added above
http://xenforo.com/community/forums/add-on-requests.35/index.rss

then you have a usable block with 5 latest posts from xenforo on wordpress frontpage, or whatever template file you like.
But, you need to style it. ("someclass")

• The forum thread title
    21-11-10 Posted by {author}

Also as a reminder or added note to D.O.A.'s post, if you want to display the latest posts on the sidebar or any region that supports widgets. All you have to do is copy the RSS feed URL and enter that URL in the RSS feed widget and place the widget in the location you want on the sidebar.

wp-admin -> Appearance -> Widgets -> Drag RSS to Primary Widget Area and the rest is pretty self explanatory.

Ok... what have I missed? I got the plugin installed by uploading it and activating, the admin group is recognised and works, but when I activate any other groups from default to a WP group, they aren't even being logged into WP... only the admins are being logged across. Both admins... great, nobody else is working though!

I am using WP3.0.2 and Beta3.

When I click on any of the user links in the WP admin I get redirected to the relevant XF page... so its all linking up, including all admins, but not registered, moderating or unconfirmed.

As well as the above issue... is there any plans so the users avatars also integrate? Looks a bit silly when WP uses a default avatar when posting comments vs. their XF avatar.

Ok... what have I missed? I got the plugin installed by uploading it and activating, the admin group is recognised and works, but when I activate any other groups from default to a WP group, they aren't even being logged into WP... only the admins are being logged across. Both admins... great, nobody else is working though!

I am using WP3.0.2 and Beta3.

When I click on any of the user links in the WP admin I get redirected to the relevant XF page... so its all linking up, including all admins, but not registered, moderating or unconfirmed.

This is the problem I've been posting about over a few weeks, but no one seems to have an answer. :(

Still, it's reassuring to know it's not just me.

I just installed this bridge on a wordpress 3.0.2 and XF beta 4 and all seems to be working well. Great mod!

Top Bottom