Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

::nods::
That's the standard... Though the support fees may go up in price year over year depending on inflation etc :-).

Very reasonable costs any way you look at it though! Can't wait to buy our Beta license! Yay!
::snoopy dance::

Yes, your license gives you the right to run the software forever. If you want access to official support and the latest software versions, your license must be kept up-to-date with extensions.

I know this question is way ahead of itself but I am wondering how you are seeing the future, how will you guys be handling XenForo 2.* when it arrives, will we need a new license, and will this trend carry forward to 3.* and 4.* and so on?

I plan to buy a few Beta licenses for testing. I'm excited to see how well I can style it.

I doubt we will move any of our big sites over to XenForo (at least not for a while) but we may upgrade a few smaller sites and start a few new ones using the software. Should be fun.

We would like customers to extend their licenses, obviously and recognise that they may wish to continue without accessing updates or support. In order that a balance is maintained, the license extension will extend the 'valid until' date by 12 months. Where a license has not been extended for 9 months or more, a reactivation fee (more than an extension and less than a new purchase) will be applied and the license will be extended by 12 months from that day.

Where a license has not been extended for 9 months or more, a reactivation fee (more than an extension and less than a new purchase) will be applied and the license will be extended by 12 months from that day.

Thanks for clearing this up. Had this question in my mind. Sometimes, I forget to renew my license for a couple of weeks. 9 month period is a great grace period.

Wow!
That's an even better deal.

So effectively the license cost is a one-off and all subsequent payments are only related to support and upgrades, regardless of how up to date your installation is?

Example A - purchaser keeps up to date with all releases and support:
  • Year 1 - $140 ($100 if bought on day 1)
  • Year 2 - $40
  • Year 3 - $40
  • Year 4 - $40
  • etc.
Example B - purchaser skips every other year for releases and support:
  • Year 1 - $140 ($100 if bought on day 1)
  • Year 2 - sticks with current release
  • Year 3 - $40
  • Year 4 - sticks with current release
  • etc.
Personally speaking, for the sake of $40 per year (although this will of course increase with inflation, etc,) and knowing how great this software will be as it evolves, I'll be going for the continuous example A.

Example A is how most customers tend to work and obviously we want them to use XenForo in this way. Example B is the minority and we want to encourage such customers to act like those in Example A :)

Interesting.

A bit too high for buying a copy just to test or play with though. Shame - Im sure a few people would have considered that. Perhaps you should have an "evaluation" licence thats only valid for test installations.

Curious about one thing, why is in $ and not £ ?

Top Bottom