Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

I doubt you'd get an exact time, but yes we will give a more specific date.

Ahhh you are not going to say release it at dead on midnight (GMT) on x date??? That would be awesome I would be refreshing the page until the buy now button showed :P... (Jk not that crazy but I would want to make sure I got it in the 24hours as missing it by an hour or so would be a killer.

Excellent news - great price and even better saving for getting it on day 1.

In fact even if you're not going to install it (on a live site) until it's out of beta, buying early anyway makes sense. Also for us UK peeps, buying early will save 17.5% VAT too. A very astute strategy to get as much revenue in at the start as possible.

I also want to say that I totally support the high unbranding fee. It's understandable that a new forum would want as much visibility as possible, and besides, large forums or corporate clients who might want unbranding can easily afford it.

'The beta period will begin with a special offer period, during which licenses will be sold for $100 USD.'

'As a new company, we are not yet required to charge VAT to our European customers.'

Nice :D And a very competitive pricing indeed. $35-75 below my expectation.

Branding removal 250$... Vb: 170$
Yeah, but you have to understand these guys need all the publicity they can get, so they rather have a copyright showing than $170. That's why they ask a bit more to encourage enough people not to remove it.

A few questions on the pricing and usage.

So a beta license on day 1 will cost $100.
With that I will get 12 months of support from day 1 of the 1.0 release.

Presumably the 1.0 release will be provided free of charge to those who purchase a beta license?

After 1 year from the 1.0 release, will I just have to purchase a 12 month update costing $40 and I can do that for each subsequent year?
Or do I also need to purchase a new license at some point?
Presumably support will only be given for the current and previous versions, not all versions?

With a single license, will I be able to install it on a live site and also locally for testing and development?
Or will I need 2/3 licenses for that, depending on how many local environments I set up?

These might sound like basic questions but not everyone has paid for forum software in the past so we don't have much idea how it works on an annual basis.

A few questions on the pricing and usage.

So a beta license on day 1 will cost $100.
With that I will get 12 months of support from day 1 of the 1.0 release.

Presumably the 1.0 release will be provided free of charge to those who purchase a beta license?
Correct.
After 1 year from the 1.0 release, will I just have to purchase a 12 month update costing $40 and I can do that for each subsequent year?
Or do I also need to purchase a new license at some point?
You will not need to purchase a new license to access future versions of XenForo.
Presumably support will only be given for the current and previous versions, not all versions?
Support will be given as long as your license is active.

With a single license, will I be able to install it on a live site and also locally for testing and development?
Or will I need 2/3 licenses for that, depending on how many local environments I set up?
You may run a separate installation for testing / development purposes, provided it is not publicly-accessible.

These might sound like basic questions but not everyone has paid for forum software in the past so we don't have much idea how it works on an annual basis.
Year one: $140 (or $100 if you buy on day one)
Year two: $40

Top Bottom