Will you convert your vBulletin to XenForo when it's ready?

At the moment, we've halted one new project that will wait for XF and we have one small (but growing) VB3.8 board that will likely be converted since we haven't done much to that site as of now. The other sites, only time will tell.

Actually Brian grabbed "XenAdvanced" but because I know that he is going to end up going "Darn it! I should have grabbed XFAdvanced instead!" I was a nice guy and grabbed those for him as well before somebody else did. When he is ready, or when he notices this thread, I'll transfer them over to his account. :D

So I guess you are the one who's registered xenarcade.com :D

The cool thing about XenForo is that I don't have to upgrade to vB4, but stick to vB3 until it goes EOL, and then convert to XenForo, by that time, I'm sure it's good enough for production sites.

Release it and it's mine :) Absolutely love it so far. Getting the same feeling inside as i had buying my first vB license many moons ago :)

Only thing i dont like is the name so far, but that will come.

iBulletin would have been nice :) But that is probably owned already by Apple :)

Brian from vB Advanced is a member here. I'm pretty sure that he's considering a xFAdvanced. ;)

It just keeps getting better and better.

I will for sure be in line for a license the day they are available. What i do with that license is still up in the air, but once a mod community is established i think its very likely i will probably make the switch on one of my smaller communities, and go from there.. But i will say its been along time since ive been so excited to see a project in development.. Im very much looking forward to popping the hood.

I just do not know which communities to convert over.
I am deeply concerned about a few of mine that I really like, but lost motivation for, the users are not as involved as they should be.
I can relate to this statement, the v4 series killed my motivation to "create" frankly to busy fixing things to have fun anymore.. Its been a long time since ive been this excited.. Im already feeling the juice coming back..

I have to say this software looks amazing. Add a portal and social groups and you've got me.

You guys should do a vB4 license trade-in program. Give $XXX off the cost of a license by trading in a vB4 license. Then you could turn around and sell the vB4 license or whatever. Hell, I'd be game.

I'm really interested to see the styling backend.

Top Bottom