Who listens to metal/rock music here?

When I was a young teenager , I used to listed to Suicidal Tendencies, Rollins Band, Pantera, Sepultura, Helmet, Biohazard, Sonic Youth... and many mores.

Now days I hardly ever listen to any of those bands other than for remembering the old times with a beer and a smile.

Almost everyday I listen to Soma FM Groove Salad (http://img.somafm.com/play/groovesalad) to get an idea of what kind of music I enjoy listening to when I'm working :)

It is nearly similar on all of us. When you reach to a certain age your mind can't handle that loud sound level at all.

I personally prefer Radioparadise , i think it is one of the best online radio out there.

When I was a young teenager , I used to listed to Suicidal Tendencies, Rollins Band, Pantera, Sepultura, Helmet, Biohazard, Sonic Youth... and many mores.

Now days I hardly ever listen to any of those bands other than for remembering the old times with a beer and a smile.

Almost everyday I listen to Soma FM Groove Salad (http://img.somafm.com/play/groovesalad) to get an idea of what kind of music I enjoy listening to when I'm working :)

That is exactly where I am at too :p The old stuff is purely nostalgic or if I am in a rock mood, but mostly I like something wayyy groovier and mellow these days.

I like that online radio station! will listen to that a bit more when I get my sound on my comp fixed... sounds like shyte through a laptop lol.

It is nearly similar on all of us. When you reach to a certain age your mind can't handle that loud sound level at all.

I personally prefer Radioparadise , i think it is one of the best online radio out there.

I guess I'm simply made of METAL then, I still put CD's on and BLARE out METAL. I am right now listening to HALFORD's Crucible on headphones and it is L O U D, no seriously, it's soooooooooo LOUD, Rob's voice is spellbinding, I so wish he wasn't gay, what a guy, hee-hee, I am never going to grow up and get all slipper wearing weird, never gonna happen. ;)

I am sorry if you feel offended however smiling is worlds most nature effect. I honestly don't understand why you feel offended. You are a metal fan and i don't judge you at all with anything. You are free to believe whatever you want and share that opinion. I am not arguing with anything you say because it is clear that you are a little fanatic about Heavy Metal and there is nothing wrong about it. Have a good day. Just a little final note about the rankings Kashmir received

"Classic Rock" United States "The Top Fifty Classic Rock Songs of All Time"[13] 1995 20
"Classic Rock" United Kingdom "Ten of the Best Songs Ever!!.. (Bubbling under)"[14] 1999 23
VH1 United States "The 100 Greatest Rock Songs of All Time"[15] 2000 62
Rolling Stone United States "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time"[16] 2003 140
Blender United States "Standout Tracks from the 500 CDs You Must Own"[17] 2003 *
Q United Kingdom "1010 Songs You Must Own!"[18] 2004 *
Q United Kingdom "Ultimate Music Collection - Rock"[19] 2005 *
Q United Kingdom "100 Greatest Songs of All Time"[20] 2006 74
VH1 United States "VH1 Greatest Hard Rock Songs"[21] 2009 21
JJJ Australia "Hottest 100 of All Time"[22] 2009 98

Dear, I'm saying that Led Zeppelin is not totally a heavy metal band, but their music contains some heavy elements. These elements exist in Kashmir. And lastly, Stairway to Heaven is in fact a heavy metal song. But these don't come to mean that they are a heavy metal band, of course. I only meant some of their songs. I don't want to discuss any further. Even if your Wikipedia example is true, I want to remind you that according to wiki, Bruce Lee is american. Anyway, forget about it.

Regards...

Oh please, will you boys pack it in with the genre war, who cares what genre the music belongs to, genres are all rubbish anyway, some spotty prat in a toilet decides a new type of music has arrived and like good little drones you accept it, what ever, if you love the music, that's all that matters.

Put your stereos on and blast out a bit of Enigma, you boys need to chill. :)

Oh please, will you boys pack it in with the genre war, who cares what genre the music belongs to, genres are all rubbish anyway, some spotty prat in a toilet decides a new type of music has arrived and like good little drones you accept it, what ever, if you love the music, that's all that matters.

Put your stereos on and blast out a bit of Enigma, you boys need to chill. :)

Never mind that Alice...
Whatever, I need some caffeine...

Current bands I listen too:

Beautiful Sin, Nightwish, Delain (favorite at the moment), Edenbridge, Theatre of Tragedy, Tarja, Within Temptation, Luca Turilli's Dreamquest, Leaves' Eyes, Krypteria, Sirenia, Epica.

I'm really big on Symphonic Metal. I do like other stuff like Metallica, Pantera, Disturbed, Megadeth, Godsmack, etc. as well.

Current bands I listen too:

Beautiful Sin, Nightwish, Delain (favorite at the moment), Edenbridge, Theatre of Tragedy, Tarja, Within Temptation, Luca Turilli's Dreamquest, Leaves' Eyes, Krypteria, Sirenia, Epica.

I'm really big on Symphonic Metal. I do like other stuff like Metallica, Pantera, Disturbed, Megadeth, Godsmack, etc. as well.

Ryan thats awesome man, I really love Nightwish, Delain and Theatre of Tragedy so much! PanterA ... ^^
Please note I don't like and listen to Nightwish now because Nightwish are not cool without TARJA! :(

Right someone needs to bring some Kulture with a capital "K" to this thread before we get swamped by the heavy metal brigade ....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Right someone needs to bring some Kulture with a capital "K" to this thread before we get swamped by the heavy metal brigade ....
Power metal band. :)

Ah, Two Shoes. Makes me want to watch Seasons (a mountain bike dvd) yet again just for the Whistler section :)

Ack,

All I listen to is the news, and educational recordings.

If there is music going on it is more likely to be something like Bach's Air, Pachabells Cannon in D, or maybe, Beethoven's 9th, Barbers Adagio op 11, and if I want something a little harder then I will go with Toccata & Fugue.

Toccata & Fugue

Ack,

If there is music going on it is more likely to be something like Bach's Air, Pachabells Cannon in D, or maybe, Beethoven's 9th, Barbers Adagio op 11, and if I want something a little harder then I will go with Toccata & Fugue.

Toccata & Fugue
I enjoy the Canon in D. Had to play a version of it for a piano recital once.

I still hop on the keys to play it, occasionally.

Ack,

Toccata & Fugue

Toccata & Fugue - first names of the Milli Vanilli guys?

Top Bottom