where to put Advertisement stuff ?

erich37

So thinking of running XF-Forums in the future, where would you put your advertisements (like banners, AdSense, etc.) ?

Which is the best place to put it into ?
Into Pages, into Threads ?

Sidebar is not the best place to advertise. Look at her. If your little sections of the community that place on the sidebar will not. If the average number of sections that place will be enough. If a large number of sections that place will be enough. But if you decide to remove the partitions and move the message, then the place will again be smaller. If you already have ads you may have to remove 

In general, then a large dependence on the number of sections of the forum. so the sidebar I do not like. Even if the advertising you do not plan to post.
See how now looks like a sidebar here. After the increased number of sections. And if your forum more it turns ugly

That is sooo much easier on my eyes than the default skin. It probably isn't for everyone, but I like it. :)
Thanks! Our staff spent quite some time working on making vB4 match the main site. I know this sounds biased, but it's one of my favorite gaming sites in terms of style. :p Close-second is http://edgegamers.org

They're not obtrusive to me. Unfortunately that site isn't loading, or it's too slow.
Yeah, we have some occasional DNS issues.

But anyway, your site, your ads. I default my AdBlock to automatically get rid of ads, so don't make me no nevermind.

Thanks! Our staff spent quite some time working on making vB4 match the main site. I know this sounds biased, but it's one of my favorite gaming sites in terms of style. :p Close-second is http://edgegamers.org

Yeah, we have some occasional DNS issues.

But anyway, your site, your ads. I default my AdBlock to automatically get rid of ads, so don't make me no nevermind.

It's loading, but slowly. The colours seem nice, and I now see what you mean by the ads in the corner. It's overlapping the image. What's I've done is, ensure that if there is an image in that post, the ads do not show.

It's loading, but slowly. The colours seem nice, and I now see what you mean by the ads in the corner. It's overlapping the image. What's I've done is, ensure that if there is an image in that post, the ads do not show.
Interesting. Care to share that? When we had YouTube embedding enabled (don't know why it isn't now), it was an even bigger pain, since most people just post the video with no text before it.

That's practically the reason AdBlock+ was invented.
http://iogaming.net/forums/3-off-to...cs-my-new-build.html

One of the worst ways to display ads ever.
I love the immense amount of hacking done on that site. The footer in there? GORGEOUS!

Now, back to the thread, I love the addition of a right column on forumhome, and I'd love to have all of these as stock features. Would be nice to know which mods/admins are online. Now, if this right column indeed is a stock feature - I'd love to put my skyscraper ad down below the member data.
RightColumn.webp

I love the immense amount of hacking done on that site. The footer in there? GORGEOUS!

Now, back to the thread, I love the addition of a right column on forumhome, and I'd love to have all of these as stock features. Would be nice to know which mods/admins are online. Now, if this right column indeed is a stock feature - I'd love to put my skyscraper ad down below the member data.
View attachment 1370
That shows when staff are online.

So thinking of running XF-Forums in the future, where would you put your advertisements (like banners, AdSense, etc.) ?

Which is the best place to put it into ?
Into Pages, into Threads ?
Big leaderboard banner at the top, html-based ads in forums and threads right below the breadcrumb nav, small banner above footer nav. You can check out how it looks on my forum here.

I just read about www.openx.org

Is this anything which makes sense and can be used with XF ?
I've been using OpenX for years. It has improved a lot in that time and is working great for me. Takes a while to learn to work with for an absolute noob, but once you know how it functions, you can't live without.

You just make 'zones' based on locations in your forum. Then you let it create the Javascript code and just paste it in the right location in the forum. There is no integration needed, it works with all forum software.

Will there be a default advertising system built-in? I mean something like default positions where we can insert advertisements and maybe even selectively turn them on or off whenever we want? Many people apply these advertisement modifications on their own forum software, but updating after any modification can be very hard.

Top Bottom