What is Cloudflare ? How does it help webmasters ?

P.S. If you guys are really, really nice to me...I can give you access to another beta (I just can't post that link here yet). If you would like access to it, please contact us and put "Damon: Beta" in the subject line & I'll send you the info. I'll limit it to the first ten of you that ask for it:)

P.S. If you guys are really, really nice to me...I can give you access to another beta (I just can't post that link here yet). If you would like access to it, please contact us and put "Damon: Beta" in the subject line & I'll send you the info. I'll limit it to the first ten of you that ask for it:)

I have two 3 xenforo websites which 2 of them get nasty traffic from russian crawlers and IP's from China. I'll check out cloudflare once I moved to my new server enviroment.

I have two 3 xenforo websites which 2 of them get nasty traffic from russian crawlers and IP's from China. I'll check out cloudflare once I moved to my new server enviroment.

Should be able to help out. You can also block by IP/IP ranges in your CloudFlare threat control panel. If bots are your main concern, blocking by country in your threat control panel would challenge all of the visitors from these regions with a captcha (good for stopping bots).

Should be able to help out. You can also block by IP/IP ranges in your CloudFlare threat control panel. If bots are your main concern, blocking by country in your threat control panel would challenge all of the visitors from these regions with a captcha (good for stopping bots).

Sweet, just what I need. I know I can do that with geoip and internal security measures but they are not very effective.

Hey Damon have ya'll done any changes to cloudflare lately to improve performance on xenforo installations? I used to use cloudflare but I got too many 'this site is offline' errors. Trust me, I've spoken to customer support about it and did everything they told me, I'd still get em. Even talked to my host.

Hey Damon have ya'll done any changes to cloudflare lately to improve performance on xenforo installations? I used to use cloudflare but I got too many 'this site is offline' errors. Trust me, I've spoken to customer support about it and did everything they told me, I'd still get em. Even talked to my host.

There are two basic causes of the errors:
1. Server is having issues.
2. Requests from CloudFlare IPs are being blocked. Our ips should be whitelisted on your host & on server.

There are times, however, where long requests will also trigger the page. Were you doing any sort of actions in an admin panel where this happened, or a specific section on the site?

Yeah shared hosting.

allergic to shared hosting..... there are some good cheap cloud options bro!
Shared is renting hardware that can fail, shared by gross over selling (the only way to make money for 1998 hosting firms) and horrible service (most owners use mommies creditcard)
go elastic...

allergic to shared hosting..... there are some good cheap cloud options bro!
Shared is renting hardware that can fail, shared by gross over selling (the only way to make money for 1998 hosting firms) and horrible service (most owners use mommies creditcard)
go elastic...
Yeah I'm shopping for a new host now. Might take a week or two to find one.

Top Bottom