What is Cloudflare ? How does it help webmasters ?

I used cloudflare for two days and it did not speed up my website and my website used twice the bandwidth it normally uses with the same amount of visitors.

I decided to try cloudflare on one of my websites. It's been 3 days and my website seems to be slower.
i had a rough time with cf until i realised that it hates htaccess.
move as much out of htaccess and into conf as you possibly can and cf will likely perform better.

I used cloudflare for two days and it did not speed up my website and my website used twice the bandwidth it normally uses with the same amount of visitors.

We wouldn't do anything that would increase your bandwidth?

Note: Speeding up the website also takes a few days because the cache has to build out.

I tried to sign up with a 7 character password but the registration page said "You must enter a password that is at least 4 characters long"

So I guess the whole concept is too convoluted for me.

I got signed up with a different password combination.

I'm more interested in using it on a custom site I built, but I'm suspicious about how the sessions are going to work if they use the user agent and IP address to validate the user. At the moment, I'm using a stock CentOS nginx installation, and I don't want to have to recompile nginx just to enable the RealIP feature.

I got signed up with a different password combination.

I'm more interested in using it on a custom site I built, but I'm suspicious about how the sessions are going to work if they use the user agent and IP address to validate the user. At the moment, I'm using a stock CentOS nginx installation, and I don't want to have to recompile nginx just to enable the RealIP feature.

This should actually be a fairly quick fix for nginx.

what would be great is an addon that incorporated the ip fix (in lieu of mod_clouflare) and the spam reporting api.
it would be super useful to those on shared hosting.
it would also be great for those that cannot get mod_cloudflare to compile, like me.

what would be great is an addon that incorporated the ip fix (in lieu of mod_clouflare) and the spam reporting api.
it would be super useful to those on shared hosting.
it would also be great for those that cannot get mod_cloudflare to compile, like me.

We're trying to figure out other potential solutions for the IP issue. If you're using xenForo, however, this should work for CloudFlare and xenForo.

There was talk about allowing customers to use NS records, how is that going? (I saw that on your forums). The reason I ask is that I do not trust anyone with my domains except my friends so host them all myself but would love to test cloudflare. Also, for the same reason I could never recommend you to my Company I work for.

There was talk about allowing customers to use NS records, how is that going? (I saw that on your forums). The reason I ask is that I do not trust anyone with my domains except my friends so host them all myself but would love to test cloudflare. Also, for the same reason I could never recommend you to my Company I work for.

Hi,

We should have CNAME pointing available in a few weeks:) The backend has been built, but we need to do some testing to make sure it works.

Top Bottom