What are your system specs?

LOL, somehow I knew you would... There's no way in hell I'm taking a picture of a computer, it just... it just goes against my religion! :p

But, if you want a pic you can have this one:
zz
Personally, I'd rather look at it then a shot of computer. :)

So ... BS :D

Back on topic(ish)

Early 2010 iMac 27" quad core with 1 TB drive and 4 GB BUT with the ATI Radeon HD 4850.
Secondary monitor on a wall mounted swing arm.
Nostromo N52 Speed pad (handy thing)
My favorite mouse: old Razer diamondback. Tried the multi touch Magic mouse but it's just not as comfortable to use. And with ControllerMate to map the extra buttons...
:: happy sigh ::

Anyway, the iMac replaced my workhorse DELL XPS that lasted me almost 4 years. GREAT case/system, but had an incredibly annoying high pitched whine (from one of the power supply sub case vent vans). The iMac is absolutely silent and uses like 1/6th the power that my DELL did. The newer iMac's are incredibly energy efficient, which makes more of a difference than you think over a few years ;).

Err... Sorry digressed a bit there. :)

Comon, at least a Merlin powered 'stang !

Good eye, to be exact it's the "Betty Jane" the world's only fully dual controlled TP-51C Mustang... Personally, I prefer the sound of a radial, but a 1300 hp Packard Merlin V-1650-7 is good substitute. :)

I tweeted a while ago about decals, and they arrived last week. Today I've been able to apply them to the iMac and Powerbook. I have to say; digging it. hehe.

imac_decal1.png

imac_decal2.png

powerbook_decal.png

They're also quite easy to remove, in case you dislike it, or get tired of them. Unlike laser edging.
(btw, great way to test before laser edging)

I couldn't even think about the exact specs on all systems... All Intel though, I am an Intel person, most have SSD running in them now for primary OS.
  • 2 x quad cores, 15k SCSI & SSD, lots of video and dual monitors
  • 1 x dual core server... RAID1 1Tb storage
  • 2 x Linux boxes for localhost testing
  • 3 x Dell dual cores, business systems, nothing fancy about them.
  • 3 x Dell notebooks (1 highend for business $3k, 1 low end for teenager $1k, 1 netbook for teenager $500) *** Price indicative of approximate spec range ***
  • 1 x 21.5" week old imac, i3 512 graphics... more space than we know what to do with.
Honestly... to damn many and can't wait to get rid of them all and be fully converted to mac by end 2012, also hopefully less a teenager being fully moved out and taking his computers with him.

Be buggered... I haven't really looked at the mac notebooks yet, so I can't identify with them. We looked at those macbook air things when buying our first mac, and I thought I would break something like that... besides, I didn't like it didn't have a CD / DVD drive in it.

The MacBook Air is a flake in my book, Ignore it :) Just go for a pretty 13" MacBook Pro, or their 15" version.

Yer... whichever the slightly thicker one was that has a DVD / CD drive, would be the one we swap out other notebooks out for.

Ohhhh... just looked online at them. Macbook Pro 17" and be buggered, you can get an i7 in them with massive graphics for gaming when away.... my wife is going to really hurt me with the change over to mac.

Top Bottom