What are your system specs?

Desktop: Mac Pro w/ dual quad-core 2.93GHz processors, 32GB RAM, 4 2GB HDD, Nvidia Qudra 4800 graphics card and dual Ezio 30" displays.

Laptop: 15" Macbook pro w/2.4GH Core2Duo processor, 4GB RAM & 320GB HDD.

My desktop PC is pretty ancient. An old Dell Dimension 8400, Pentium 4 3Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 5 x 1TB HDD (3 internal, 2 external).

Then there's my Samsung NC10 netbook, Atom 1.6 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 500GB HDD.

Still good enough for web, email and coding.

Spent most of the money for servers recently.

Running our forums on a Dell 2950, 2x Quad Core Xeon L5410, 8GB RAM, 2 x 300GB SAS 15k HDD (Raid 1) and a Dell R210, 1x Quad Core Xeon X3430, 4GB RAM, 2 x 1TB SATA HDD (Raid 1) :)

Desktops are running Windows 7, servers are running CentOS 5.5 64bit.

Desktop: Mac Pro w/ dual quad-core 2.93GHz processors, 32GB RAM, 4 2GB HDD, Nvidia Qudra 4800 graphics card and dual Ezio 30" displays.

Laptop: 15" Macbook pro w/2.4GH Core2Duo processor, 4GB RAM & 320GB HDD.

With those specs I'd have to say: I call bragging, and .. Pix or fail :)

(but the real reason I call you out is, because I wouldn't mind seeing such a nice beast of a machine/setup)

Disjunto, how much do you hate it that we don't have myspecs online somewhere now .. sigh; I might have to just get a loan and hire you and a few others and spit out the code so we can go online in 2011.

Disjunto, how much do you hate it that we don't have myspecs online somewhere now .. sigh; I might have to just get a loan and hire you and a few others and spit out the code so we can go online in 2011.

Yeah, what happened to myspecs. It definitely existed about 5 years ago ;)

Lack of PHP knowledge to finalize it, lack of funding because VC guy decided to step back when recession hit, and lack of time by friends to help me complete my poor code. I still have the domains, and the idea, and considering ditching everything I do, focussing ONLY on myspecs for the next 5 years. Or, sell it.

Laptop/Dev: 4GB RAM, 120GB Drive, Windows 7, Centrino Duo-> @2.00GHz. Yes, I'm waiting for an upgrade.
Desktop: Not anymore as of today!

A semi social network idea I've had since 1997. But turned into a business plan after 2002. But never came to light (only internal alpha builds and proof of concept features). ANyway, .. we're stealing the thread, sorry OP!

A semi social network idea I've had since 1997. But turned into a business plan after 2002. But never came to light (only internal alpha builds and proof of concept features). ANyway, .. we're stealing the thread, sorry OP!

Hmm, interesting. I wouldn't mind hearing more about that actually ;)

The Ubuntu box in the other room is a chieftec tower with pentium2, 2,4ghz on it, i think 1 gb of ram. 20 and 40gb hdd. Running ircd, eggdrop, and backup crons, oh and a web server for some testing.

It has no monitor, keyboard or mouse, just a wire into the socket, and an ethernet cable to the router.
server_powerbook.png

The reason there's other stuff there is because i was tidying up the room.

With those specs I'd have to say: I call bragging, and .. Pix or fail :)

(but the real reason I call you out is, because I wouldn't mind seeing such a nice beast of a machine/setup)

LOL, somehow I knew you would... There's no way in hell I'm taking a picture of a computer, it just... it just goes against my religion! :p

But, if you want a pic you can have this one:
DSCN0981.webp

Personally, I'd rather look at it then a shot of computer. :)

Top Bottom