what are you doing for thanks giving?

Since everyone is having Turkey i guess i should get Chicken :cool:

This is first Thanks Giving No Plans both of my Pet kids are sick too :P

We don't have thanksgiving in Australia... so nothing out of the ordinary. If anything, getting more site work done as the site will be emptier with the US on family holidays.

I'm getting on a helicopter at dawn and flying to Las Vegas to meet up with Adriana Lima, Tom Jones, Shakira, Donald Trump, Christina Hendricks, Bill Clinton, Bar Rafaeli, Desmond Tutu, Lady Gaga and about a dozen other people whose names I can't recall at the moment. We've reserved all of the Sky Villas at the Aria and we're having some people over. Everyone who will be there really enjoys a cocktail or 20, so if it's anything like last year, I anticipate breaking up a lot of fights and a few grand in extra charges on the bill for new bed linens.

Funny, it gets bigger and bigger every year, but we still have yet to actually eat a Thanksgiving dinner. Unless you count eating Sashimi off a whore's naked belly "dinner." I can't stand that stuff, personally, but it's all Tutu talks about all year long. I like real food: red meat. That's where Gaga comes in. But I have to have security frisk her on the way in because around three or four A.M. she always tries to stab someone with a letter opener that she had made from the Cullinan diamond. The girl is crazy, but Adriana insists that she be invited. They're close, if you know what I mean.

If you think guys like Tom Jones and Donald Trump are too old to be any fun at a party, you should have been there in 2007 when Jones broke a blackjack dealer's neck with his bare hands and Trump threw the body down an elevator shaft. We couldn't stop laughing for 20 minutes. Then Jones sucker-punched Trump and while he was down, kicked him repeatedly with those pointy toed boots he wears. Trump got him back the next year though, when he hired Eddie Murphy to show up in drag and come on to Jones. You should see the video.

So, yeah, just another Thanksgiving weekend over here.

For the fifth year in a row, I delivered Turkey dinners to needy families in my home town. It's something I started years ago to teach my little brother (Big Brothers/Big Sisters) about the joy of giving. We take up donations on our forums from our members, then we gather information from local agencies about who's having a tough time this year. We delivered to 40 families this year. Fully cooked turkeys, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing, rolls and some other sides. This year was the toughest because so many people are having tough times.

We are often invited inside when we drop off the food basket. We delivered to one single mom that was trying to hold down the home while battling breast cancer. Another home we visited was a mom and son where the mom was in a tragic car accident. She cried as we talked with her. Then another was a family whose name was supplied by one of our local schools. The daughter was taking food home from school to feed her mom and baby sister.

It humbles me to see how many people are struggling. I know I am truly blessed. And I feel we should all try and help those that are not so blessed.

The forum I belong to is a community...a true community, and they pull together to make this possible each year. That is what we do at our forum. We help the community. I am thankful for being part of a forum that is eager to lend a helping hand for such causes.

For the fifth year in a row, I delivered Turkey dinners to needy families in my home town. It's something I started years ago to teach my little brother (Big Brothers/Big Sisters) about the joy of giving.

I am proud of you.

For 5 years in a row, I purchased a turkey and the fixings and gave them to someone I knew was in need. I didn't have the money to do it this year as my son and I just moved into our current (and hopefully long-term) house.
But I do hope to have enough money to purchase a ham and the fixings and give it to someone for Christmas.

Last year's plans are pretty much the same, except I'm obviously a sophomore now, haha:
Sleeping! :D
Just kidding...though I will be catching up on that since I'll be home with little homework for once. My family goes to my grandparents' (about 15 minutes away) on Thanksgiving for food and general merriment. haha This is definitely the most excited I've been for Thanksgiving: going home to see my family (I'm a freshman in college), my bed :p, good food, and the ability to relax for a few days without school stuff to worry about. :D Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Top Bottom