XF 1.2 Watching a Forum

XenForo 1.2 adds another commonly requested feature: the ability to watch a forum. The forum watching system works rather similarly to the thread watching system, just on all content within a forum.

When you click the link to watch a forum, you'll see an overlay like this:

ss-2013-05-27_12-03-40.webp

Notification-less watching options may be expanded in the future (such as with indications on the new threads list).

Notifications work identically to thread watching notifications: you'll only receive one about a thread until you view it on the forum.

Like threads, you can manage your watched forums in bulk via a dedicated page. This can also be used to simply filter only to forums you're interested in.

Administrators can also limit the type of notifications that can be triggered when watching a forum:
ss-2013-05-27_12-06-49.webp

This can be useful to reduce the number of notifications that will be triggered on particularly busy forums.

This is what I've been waiting for. A add-on, Forum Watch, seems to miss new messages on occasion, and I need to be able to catch all my forum's messages without being forced to go to the forum every single time.

With all the stuff in 1.2 (which I'm dying to get my hands on), I would love to see what 2.0 is like :D

Obviously, 2.0 is at least 6 months away from being thought of, so I'll have to build a time machine...

The star is "horrible" and i don't understand, why a star should indicate that i watch this thread...

It reminds me on something different from my vBulletin time
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-on-1-2.51407/page-6#post-551175

Exactly what I was thinking. It looks like the thread was rated one star. i.e. very low quality thread.
Agreed, I think an eye is more appropriate.
Yes, but what is the purpose of the icon anyway? Seems like bloat to me.

Top Bottom