User Upgrades by Waindigo [Deleted]

@Waindigo , if we were previously using Nataan's add-on, what do we need to do in order to migrate to this one? Does it use the same DB columns?

Installed it on the test db last night. It's running a backup of the live site that's a couple of days old, so it should be fairly close to apples-apples. Install was no problem, everything looks fine. Running the most current xF install and version 1.0.3b of Nataan's original Advanced User Upgrades. It uninstalls Nataan's add-on, installs Waindigo's, all the data is there, everything looks fine.

A little while later, I go back to account/upgrades, and the main content block is blank.

F5, Ctrl-F5, nothing.
Disable the add-on, it comes back.
Enable the add-on, still fine.

Check back from my work machine an hour later, same exact behavior.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Any ideas?
As the problem appears to be intermittant and it works most of the time it sound like a server error of some kind, either that or something very strange! I don't see how it can be an add-on problem but you can PM with log-on details and I can have a look if you want. (preferably wait until the problem is present again!)

I think I know the source of the problem. I'll do some more troubleshooting and let you know for sure.

Jon, I'm pretty sure I've sorted it out. I was sloppy when I set up the test site and didn't sufficiently edit the config.php.... so it was sharing cache data with the production site. I fixed that and the problem seems to have gone away. Makes sense based on what was happening, too.

@Waindigo, I'm pretty sure I've found a couple of legitimate bugs this time, both pertaining to the "Search User Upgrades" page (which is awesome, BTW):

1. It seems like it completely ignores the username field. I can put whatever I want in there, and it just returns everything.
2. In the results pane, the pagenav buttons point to user-upgrades/active&page=2 instead of user-upgrades/history&page=2

Take a look, let me know what you think.

@Waindigo, I'm pretty sure I've found a couple of legitimate bugs this time, both pertaining to the "Search User Upgrades" page (which is awesome, BTW):

1. It seems like it completely ignores the username field. I can put whatever I want in there, and it just returns everything.
2. In the results pane, the pagenav buttons point to user-upgrades/active&page=2 instead of user-upgrades/history&page=2

Take a look, let me know what you think.
You got me that time ;) Hope this helps.

You got me that time ;) Hope this helps.

Thanks. We do a big giveaway at the end of the year, part of which includes giving a free year of upgrades to all the winners. In the past, I had to manually edit the date fields in the DB. It was the only way to know that I wasn't accidentally overwriting a current subscription. This make it super easy. Sent some lunch money your way. :beer:

This is a great add-on, I had to uninstall it though because it is not compatible with the Brevium - Credits User upgrades add-on.

Do you know of any way I can get both of these to work or just the trial period function?

Thanks. We do a big giveaway at the end of the year, part of which includes giving a free year of upgrades to all the winners. In the past, I had to manually edit the date fields in the DB. It was the only way to know that I wasn't accidentally overwriting a current subscription. This make it super easy. Sent some lunch money your way. :beer:
Thanks so much for the contribution.

This is a great add-on, I had to uninstall it though because it is not compatible with the Brevium - Credits User upgrades add-on.

Do you know of any way I can get both of these to work or just the trial period function?
Please contact us if you are interested in contributing to this.

i found a major bug in this... i need this fixed ASAP!

i recently installed fastCGI onto my server and APC for php...

i removed and disabled apc and ran many tests... on suPHP this addone works fine but for fastCGI all my vip member's who want to subscribe get this error message:

6Boo8.png

can you please add support for this? i am willing to use my testing board to run rests and stuff

this my config.php

Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions'] = array(
                                        'caching'                      => true,
                                        'automatic_serialization'      => true,
                                        'lifetime'                      => 10800,
                                        'cache_id_prefix' => 'xf');
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Apc';

and here in my php ini for the APC config:

Code:
;APC Configuration
apc.enabled=1
apc.shm_segments=1

;32M per WordPress install
apc.shm_size=256M

;Relative to the number of cached files (you may need to watch your stats for a day or two to find out a good number)
apc.num_files_hint=7000

;Relative to the size of WordPress
apc.user_entries_hint=4096

;The number of seconds a cache entry is allowed to idle in a slot before APC dumps the cache
apc.ttl=7200
apc.user_ttl=7200
apc.gc_ttl=3600

;Setting this to 0 will give you the best performance, as APC will
;not have to check the IO for changes. However, you must clear
;the APC cache to recompile already cached files. If you are still
;developing, updating your site daily in WP-ADMIN, and running W3TC
;set this to 1
apc.stat=1

;This MUST be 0, WP can have errors otherwise!
apc.include_once_override=0

;Only set to 1 while debugging
apc.enable_cli=0

;Allow 2 seconds after a file is created before it is cached to prevent users from seeing half-written/weird pages
apc.file_update_protection=2

;Leave at 2M or lower. WordPress does't have any file sizes close to 2M
apc.max_file_size=74M

;Ignore files
apc.filters = "/home/unkn0wn/public_html/apc/apc.php"

apc.cache_by_default=1
apc.use_request_time=1
apc.slam_defense=0
apc.mmap_file_mask="/tmp/apc.XXXXXX"
apc.stat_ctime=0
apc.canonicalize=0
apc.write_lock=1
apc.report_autofilter=0
apc.rfc1867=0
apc.rfc1867_prefix =upload_
apc.rfc1867_name=APC_UPLOAD_PROGRESS
apc.rfc1867_freq=0
apc.rfc1867_ttl=3600
apc.lazy_classes=0
apc.lazy_functions=0
apc.optimization = 1
apc.localcache = 0
apc.localcache.size = 2048
apc.coredump_unmap = 0

please add support for fast CGI...

Try disabling the User Upgrades add-on and see if it works with the standard XenForo implementation.

yes it works fine with it off but i like ur add one a site email users few days b4 it expires so can u like add support for fast CGI?
I don't know any reasons why it wouldn't work with fastCGI. Is there any way you can set up your server not to cache certain pages? That seems to be the issue here.

I found a bug

when : I you select the same format for trial period and For length reccuring payment. Example : 1 month trial and 1 month length recurring payment or 2 days and 2 days

what's happen if i set one month for length Recurring payments at usd 15 and one month trial period with initial fees of usd 50 :
After saving initial fees price change to usd 35. ( 50 - 15)
Trial period become 0 month
phrase are not corretly translated :

bug.webp

Top Bottom