[RT] User Rank Ribbons

User Rank Ribbons 2.3.5

No permission to download
I dont know where i am doing something wrong. The ribbons for administrator and moderator is getting displayed but not for others, i have installed TMS. I am also using online / offline status add-on, however this problem was there even before i installed this. I have attached a screenshot below:

View attachment 43793
I did create usergroups for each of the category of users and linked it up in the 'user rank ribbons'. Any help.
Sounds wierd. Can I get admin access to your forum so I can check? Send me a PM. ;)

Since installing XF 1.1.4, user rank ribbons disappeared and I've been getting this message when trying to change their settings in acp:
"The specified string could not be converted to an input object, either because it was not found or because it contained errors."

is there a way to limit the ribbons that are shown when users are in multiple usergroups? I have auto-promotion turned on based on post count and I dont want the user to have more than 1 ribbon showing at a time.
This will be implemented later on. I am actually working on it right now. :)

Has this been done? This is what I want too, only to see one ribbon which is the highest user group display priority.

Since installing XF 1.1.4, user rank ribbons disappeared and I've been getting this message when trying to change their settings in acp:
"The specified string could not be converted to an input object, either because it was not found or because it contained errors."

I just noticed that mine isn't working as well. But when I checked its working on my other skins but not the default which is one I recently updated. Now I can't seem to get it back up

James

I just noticed that mine isn't working as well. But when I checked its working on my other skins but not the default which is one I recently updated. Now I can't seem to get it back up

James

Ok I messed with it a bit, came back here, looked around. Then a short while later I realized that this thread was for a newer version then what I had. I installed that and its back up and running.

James

How are admins making use of this add on?

I am using it for an upgraded user group. I will use it for a VIP or paid user group when I get to that point. I also have one for a user group called Founding Member. I just started using it for contests. I will use one for each month in a monthly contest. The member will get to wear it for a year till there is a new member for that month.

I'm also using it for other monthly winners. I'm using the top contributor add on and giving it to the top three for the last month. So they will wear it for a month.

I decided to use it for the popular content add on as well. I'm giving one to the member with the top thread for the last 4 weeks.

I'm hoping this will encourage people to post but also make them aware of the contest section of the forum. That area will be for fun but also will have contest help the forum. One of those was an events contest. I found the events were bringing traffic so more events could mean more traffic. That winner won a prize and a ribbon which he will have for a year.

So far people seem to like the ribbons and they seem proud to have them. That was with the Founding Member ribbon. The contest ones were just released today so I will see how people react to the contest ribbons. Members were excited when I first mentioned it to my members.

Thanks for this add on.

James

I updated the TMS and the ribbons go turned back on, but the error message still shows whenever I try to edit or enable any of them. :(

@feedback (from one of my addon): this error is a default phrase coming from XenForo which doesn't reflect the real problem. The real error should be:
Code:
parse_str(): Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini.
So ask your host to increase the max_input_vars value.

@feedback (from one of my addon): this error is a default phrase coming from XenForo which doesn't reflect the real problem. The real error should be:
Code:
parse_str(): Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini.
So ask your host to increase the max_input_vars value.
Thanks, what should it be set to, as a safe limit to not get errors?

Has this been done? This is what I want too, only to see one ribbon which is the highest user group display priority.
Great mod BTW, but am interested in this too. If not planned soon can you suggest how to limit this soe other way? Code digging maybe? :)

i like this alot and thank you for releasing this but i have a problem this is how it looks now
2V5ty.png

i want something like this
2V5vx.png
now it is possible to make it like that or what other addons or edits do i have to do ?

would appreciate the help

Top Bottom