UK ISPs to Block TPB

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^ EQnoble knows the importance of not always disclosing information.

Sometimes "proving something" only leads to not having it later. ;)

Serious! This is the Internet... I'm sorry to say, but if such a way where possible, it would already be available upon the www via Google, thus already closed down by ISP's. The web doesn't keep secrets well... and I doubt it is a secret vs. nonsense.

Serious! This is the Internet... I'm sorry to say, but if such a way where possible, it would already be available upon the www via Google, thus already closed down by ISP's. The web doesn't keep secrets well... and I doubt it is a secret vs. nonsense.
The closest thing to being anonymous on the internet is to use an onion network. The most well known is TOR. Your ISP will see your traffic entering an inbound node but will never know the exit node. (There are some ways they can try and to be fair most of the weaknesses are caused by human error in not ensuring you have no leakage on your pc)

I think those figures will drop fast to less traffic than before the block. Most will be trying to prove a point the first couple of days after the blocking, that they can still access TPB regardless of it. But expect that will change soon enough though.
^^ I doubt that.

The more you tell people not to do something or go some place, the more they do

BT have asked for a few more weeks while they consider it over, in other words they may choose to fight it in court, maybe? But see Virgin Media and others give in without putting up any fight at all.

BT have asked for a few more weeks while they consider it over, in other words they may choose to fight it in court, maybe? But see Virgin Media and others give in without putting up any fight at all.
But if it's a court order, surely they have to ban it now because it's law?

If a murderer gets convicted of murder, he still has to go to jail and can't "ask for a few weeks" to prepare an appeal.

Not really, they can choose to ignore that court order and fight their case in court saying why they refuse to block the site. Virgin Media and others could have done the same thing, but instead decided to do it rather than try and fight it.

As for how BT got a few more weeks extension, they might have said it's needed due to technical things on there end needing setting up and cannot enforce the block right away. You can't argue over something like that really, except give them a few more weeks to do it on good faith. Which they could use to see what others do first.

I should update my list, but this should help you some

http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/threads/censorship-free-dns-domain-name-system.12299/

A few of those have been proven to bypass The Digital Great Wall of China. I think they'll bypass The UK's new wall without issue.

I don't think they'll make a bit of difference, unless I'm missing something, trying to go directly to the Piratebay IP gets you blocked. Is there any that you've listed think will work, I'm currently using Open DNS.

Not really, they can choose to ignore that court order and fight their case in court saying why they refuse to block the site. Virgin Media and others could have done the same thing, but instead decided to do it rather than try and fight it.

As for how BT got a few more weeks extension, they might have said it's needed due to technical things on there end needing setting up and cannot enforce the block right away. You can't argue over something like that really, except give them a few more weeks to do it on good faith. Which they could use to see what others do first.
Couldn't think of anything else but to Tweet them asking them why they're not choosing to fight it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom