• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[tLk] ReadPC

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried again and again in localhost but there is no problem which i saw =(
can u upload the files again?
maybe there could be a problem while uploading process

I will try it again today. I just haven't had time to do so yet. I seem to be the only guy having issues so I'm sure it's not your mod. And my permissions are correct. :p

I too can not get this to work. I am using the latest release of Xenforo.

*EDIT*

If I choose the default style it works. I am using Fracture and framework from themesinc
and if I had "Move User Bar at the top of the page" enabled it wouldnt show. It shows fine when I move it to the normal place.

It would be nice if we could delete the conversations we choose :) but great job!

There are 2 mods on vbulletin for read PM of users. One for IPB, 4 for phpbb, one for MyBB. And also, you don't need an addon to read pm. Simply see the db in the right table...every admin can see the pc of their users, Facebook staff can read users conv...i don't think there are many users that have this concern.

I suggest simply to inform users that you can, for prevent abuses (like defamation, warez, etc.) see in the PC of users.

Thank you for educating me on the matter. The information you shared addresses my concerns for the most part. Overall I would recommend restricting this feature to just the Super Admins and, if necessary, to the admins. There is just a lot of opportunity for abuse. People can share private passwords and other things in PCs.

I will try it again today. I just haven't had time to do so yet. I seem to be the only guy having issues so I'm sure it's not your mod. And my permissions are correct. :p

maybe it isnt mine add-on :P

*EDIT*

If I choose the default style it works. I am using Fracture and framework from themesinc
and if I had "Move User Bar at the top of the page" enabled it wouldnt show. It shows fine when I move it to the normal place.

It would be nice if we could delete the conversations we choose :) but great job!

conversation deleting process isnt define XenForo's default
all users have to leave from conversation for it's deleting process
I dislike this kind of hacks, private is private!

i know, private is private
but, decision is personal decision =)

There is no such thing as private if you are the admin, because you can just look at them in the DB table directly. People need to seriously consider what privacy is, and what it IS NOT.

There is no difference here than medical... your medical IS NOT 100% private, like some naive people may think. Your doctors staff see your medical records, they input the stuff into the computer system more often than not, or have to complete the doctors work for them... that is their job, so they see your most private medical issues. Therapists are the same... their supervisors see your most intimate confessions, if subpoenaed, it is brought into court, if they require a second opinion, another therapist views your file, etc etc.

Privacy has limits. Do you think your Facebook profile can't be read by Facebook employee's when set to all private?

Privacy stops with the person running the show... usually the super admin, and comes with a lot of trust to not disclose information that is deemed private. Admins should not be reading PC's for the sake of it, but only those where they believe spam or rules violation exist, and you can quickly spot it.

People really need to review what privacy actually is.... and at the end of the day, it all comes down to choice! If you don't like it, then there is no requirement to post onto this thread such personal opinion.

*EDIT*

So it does work, but you are using a custom style. You will need to take that up at themesinc, as they will quickly be able to tell you the issue as they wrote their theme.

Then encrypt your data in your database, and rename "personal conversations" to "private message"
And remove the option to allow others to invite people into a conversation - or tell your users to take it elsewhere.

If a user is spamming on the site and content gets reported, it's handy to have a GUI from within xenforo to glance over the msgs from the reported user to get an impression if it's indeed spam or not - rather than going to the sql database and reading the plaintext out in a less convenient way.

If you don't trust yourself to do the right thing: Don't install the mod.

Please add a checkbox option so we can delete multiple personal conversations same time. Because right now if i need to delete more than 1... I need to delete each conversation individually.

Also there is a bug in the add-on because when u click on page 2 3 4 etc etc...... sometimes it will only display 1 PC and then rest are displayed on next page.

Also add Edit personal conversation option in ReadPC

Thanks.

There is a small html fault in tlk_readpc_link where you have wrapped your li in ul. All that is needed is the li tags, delete the ul, as the column already has the ul tags defined, and defining them again puts the link off within the column.

Also, for those that want to swap columns, you do that by changing the listener.php file hook location from:

navigation_visitor_tab_links2

Change the 2 at the end to a 1, like so

navigation_visitor_tab_links1

So it would look like this in the Listener.php file:
Code:
if ($canReadPc AND $hookName == 'navigation_visitor_tab_links1'){

and that will change where this resides in your user menu columns, as it depends on what mods you have installed already which could all be using the same column.

I too cannot get this too work I have it installed and the security settings dialed in but it doesn't show up on any of my Templates

I too cannot get this too work I have it installed and the security settings dialed in but it doesn't show up on any of my Templates
Did you download the correct version for your install from the homepage here? 1.0.x vs. 1.1.x

I have used them both, on both version types, and they both work fine.

Yes. Thank you. I have it installed and it's working ok (it shows up in backend) as long as you don't count the fact that I cannot see a link to use it...lol... I'm using a custom Layout however it's still not visible even on my Default layout.

It should be like the following, except it will say by default [tlk] ReadPC:

Screen shot 2011-12-15 at 8.42.37 AM.webp

I obviously customised mine and shifted it from the left column to the right column, as mentioned a couple posts above.

If you're using a custom style, then something is wrong with your style.

Also... empty your browser cache to ensure something isn't corrupting the output to your browser. View in another browser to check...

You can also uninstall then reinstall, to ensure it has been installed correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom