TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
@XxUnkn0wnxX
It's not the last version. The last version is on Github. I've already packed it, I've tired it on an update and I still need to try it on a fresh install. The editor resize is working and has been tested on FF and Chrome.

@XxUnkn0wnxX
It's not the last version. The last version is on Github. I've already packed it, I've tired it on an update and I still need to try it on a fresh install. The editor resize is working and has been tested on FF and Chrome.

i am telling you it not working i installed the GITHUB VERSION

updated the JS number

and have tested the resize on 3 different computers using FF, Chrome, Safari on all of them cleaned of all caches and cookies but still doesn't work on my 2 Mac's and windows 8 machine..

i am telling you it not working i installed the GITHUB VERSION
If I'm telling you it does whereas it didn't with the previous version is that I'm sure of it. I'm typing the update information right now. May be you should manually upload the files after the new version published here.

cclaerhout updated TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes with a new update entry:

Version 2.2.2 released

Version 2.2.2 released
  • Update to TinyMCE 4.1.2 (changelog)
  • Smilie helper compatible with XenForo 1.2 (with and without the Smilie manager of Milano) - Thanks to Frigeri
  • Smilie key is now again uniq on XenForo 1.3 (is used for some html data, ie: alt="xxx") - Thanks to Xon
  • On XenForo 1.3 a smilie that has been chosen not to be displayed in the editor will now be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

i uploaded the files and still failed with this release but as i describe below this solved my issues...

ok it working fine i also had an issues with another add-one

those who are using cloudflare

either purge the JS files manually of just purge every thing

and enable developer mode

now manually replace the files via ftp

then install/update the add one and rebuild templates cloudflare developer mode on.

now this should fix issue's of JS and menu's, new features not updating or working

if that still fails to work this what i did:

ajAB5.png

pause cloudflare (all caching, protection, acceleration by cloudflare will be off such as css minfy and js rocket loader)
then
ajABu.png

purge cache (yes every thing once or twice to make sure it all clean)

then re upload the files manually via ftp then re-install/upgrade the add one. wait till all templates rebuild and test that all new functions are working before you resume cloudflare...

+ cleaning your own cookies + cache on ur browser helps as well

Last edited:
@XxUnkn0wnxX
Thanks for this tutorial (I know nothing about cloudflare). May be you should post it as a resource since this issue might come from any addon that has JavaScript files.

@Main Company
It's working as intended. The article has some css that can't be simply copied but main information are kept: colors, links, paragraphs, etc. If you make a copy of a full article (be sure you are authorize to do it by the way), you will always have to do some customizations (using Bb Codes for example - ref) like you would have done with a DTP software.

@Main Company
It's working as intended. The article has some css that can't be simply copied but main information are kept: colors, links, paragraphs, etc. If you make a copy of a full article (be sure you are authorize to do it by the way), you will always have to do some customizations (using Bb Codes for example - ref) like you would have done with a DTP software.
ok. thank u for looking and responding.

@cclaerhout the justify bbcode cause some weird behaviour. If someone has enough of them which are incorrectly terminated it looks like the bbcode tagging system is causing a stack overflow which then crashes.

Last edited:
@cclaerhout the justify bbcode cause some weird behaviour. If someone has enough of them which are incorrectly terminated it looks like the bbcode tagging system is causing a stack overflow which then crashes.
I can't reproduce this (tested with or without the Bb Code Content protection => which means with the "mini-parser"). The unclose Bb Code should be automatically closed by the parser. Send me by me the content of the message (in Bb Code format) triggering this error.

I can't reproduce this (tested with or without the Bb Code Content protection => which means with the "mini-parser"). The unclose Bb Code should be automatically closed by the parser. Send me by me the content of the message (in Bb Code format) triggering this error.
It's not just the "justify" tag. I've got a post which causes PHP to crash really quickly with TinyMCE enabled.

It's not just the "justify" tag. I've got a post which causes PHP to crash really quickly with TinyMCE enabled.
I've tried to post the content of your message on my board. I can confirm the problem does come from Bb Codes. The same message without any Bb Code will work. But this "error" doesn't seem to come from this addon but from XenForo. When I disable all addons (manually and disabling the listeners in the XenForo config.php file) the result will be the same. It will not work.

> Local dev board
On my local dev board (Wamp on Windows), the message can be posted, but can't be edited. Here are the log errors:
  • Apache error:
    [Sun Jul 27 20:29:30.806932 2014] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 11964:tid 376] AH00428: Parent: child process 3528 exited with status 255 -- Restarting.
    [Sun Jul 27 20:29:31.308960 2014] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 11964:tid 376] AH00455: Apache/2.4.9 (Win32) PHP/5.5.12 configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Sun Jul 27 20:29:31.308960 2014] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 11964:tid 376] AH00456: Apache Lounge VC11 Server built: Mar 16 2014 12:13:13
    [Sun Jul 27 20:29:31.308960 2014] [core:notice] [pid 11964:tid 376] AH00094: Command line: 'c:\\wamp\\bin\\apache\\apache2.4.9\\bin\\httpd.exe -d C:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.4.9'
    [Sun Jul 27 20:29:31.362963 2014] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 11964:tid 376] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 4248
    [Sun Jul 27 20:29:33.526087 2014] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 4248:tid 300] AH00354: Child: Starting 64 worker threads.
    [Sun Jul 27 20:29:35.038174 2014] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 11964:tid 376] AH00428: Parent: child process 4248 exited with status 255 -- Restarting.
    [Sun Jul 27 20:29:35.242185 2014] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 11964:tid 376] AH00455: Apache/2.4.9 (Win32) PHP/5.5.12 configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Sun Jul 27 20:29:35.242185 2014] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 11964:tid 376] AH00456: Apache Lounge VC11 Server built: Mar 16 2014 12:13:13
    [Sun Jul 27 20:29:35.242185 2014] [core:notice] [pid 11964:tid 376] AH00094: Command line: 'c:\\wamp\\bin\\apache\\apache2.4.9\\bin\\httpd.exe -d C:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.4.9'
    [Sun Jul 27 20:29:35.280187 2014] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 11964:tid 376] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 13684
    [Sun Jul 27 20:29:37.216298 2014] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 13684:tid 300] AH00354: Child: Starting 64 worker threads.

• Php error (php 5.5.12):
    [27-Jul-2014 18:29:37 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: in Unknown on line 0
> Forum
On my board, the message can't be posted. Only one error "Please enter a valid message" (or something like that, my forum is in French) [with TinyMCE or XenForo Redactor]

As you can see the error is not detailed. It might come from the Wamp php version which doesn't mean it would work with another php version, but it might give more information (obviously not on my board). At the moment, I have no idea where it's coming from. To find the source, it would certainly require to manually debug the XenForo parser (or may be formater). Now as you said in your pm, your message size is big (100ko). Since this error is triggered when all addons are disabled, I would recommend you to give these information to the XenForo developers so they can check by themselves.

Hi,

Regarding the error on Xenmedia Gallery add-on, @Chris D already got it fixed for me. However, the size of text editor in the Media page is almost the same when i create a new thread, it is not using the size that set for the "Quick Reply". Is there a way that i can re-size for the text editor in Xen Gallery Media page to be the same size with the text editor in "Quick Reply" ?

Thanks!

Hi,

Regarding the error on Xenmedia Gallery add-on, @Chris D already got it fixed for me. However, the size of text editor in the Media page is almost the same when i create a new thread, it is not using the size that set for the "Quick Reply". Is there a way that i can re-size for the text editor in Xen Gallery Media page to be the same size with the text editor in "Quick Reply" ?

Thanks!
This requires to know how to code a little using the listener provided by this addon (tinyquattro_setup). Example:
PHP:
<?php
class Test_Listener
{
   public static function mceConfigExtend($mceObject)
   {
     //$controllerName = $mceObject->getTemplateParam('controllerName');
     //$controllerAction = $mceObject->getTemplateParam('controllerAction');
     $viewName = $mceObject->getTemplateParam('viewName');

//Example if the viewname is "XenForo_ViewPublic_Thread_View'"
     if($viewName == 'XenForo_ViewPublic_Thread_View')
     {
       //For normal editors
       $mceObject->setMceSetting('autoresize_min_height', '90');
       $mceObject->setMceSetting('autoresize_max_height', '90');

//For quickreply editors
       $mceObject->setMceSetting('autoresize_min_height_qr', '90');
       $mceObject->setMceSetting('autoresize_max_height_qr', '90');
     }
   }
}

I'm not going to customize editor size by addons, it's not serious to do that. But you can ask the developer to add the above listener in his code. Now what I can do is to automatically apply the quickreply editor size if the editor has a special additional css class (let's say "SmallEditor"); the XenForo Framework lets developers to add any css class to the editor when they call the editor in their scripts). I will add this small feature for developers in the next release by modifying the JavaScript loader of this addon.

I've tried to post the content of your message on my board. I can confirm the problem does come from Bb Codes. The same message without any Bb Code will work. But this "error" doesn't seem to come from this addon but from XenForo. When I disable all addons (manually and disabling the listeners in the XenForo config.php file) the result will be the same. It will not work.
Weird. On my forum it can be posted, and on a local dev instance (Linux+nginx+php-fpm+mariadb stack) I can edit/reply to it with TinyMCE off (but not on!). I had some users report they could reply to it on the actual forums but it failed for me.

It looks like this may be an issue with php that Xenforo is tickling then, I'll try some more debugging to see what exactly is happening.

Last edited:
Top Bottom