TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
Hey Cedric -

Installed the add-on just fine. Fairly vanilla XF setup with a few addons, including BBC Button Codes addon (2.6.2) and whatnot.

Installed TinyMCE Quattro without much of a problem. I have enabled it for every single user group and nobody seems to be able to see it. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hey Cedric -

Installed the add-on just fine. Fairly vanilla XF setup with a few addons, including BBC Button Codes addon (2.6.2) and whatnot.

Installed TinyMCE Quattro without much of a problem. I have enabled it for every single user group and nobody seems to be able to see it. Any ideas?
Do you have a blank editor or do you still have the default Editor? Check your browser console to detect any error; if you don't know what it is, just send me your forum link by pm.

Cedric, I have a member saying the editor is not loading for him (IE8) I tried it to enforce the editor to be shown (via the settings option) but that didn't help. It works only when I revoke his access to use TinyMCE editor. Is there a solution for this particular problem?

Thank You.

Cedric, I have a member saying the editor is not loading for him (IE8) I tried it to enforce the editor to be shown (via the settings option) but that didn't help. It works only when I revoke his access to use TinyMCE editor. Is there a solution for this particular problem?

Thank You.
I've tested on IE9 with the IE8 mode and IE tester, and it's working with my configuration. I wanted to try on your website, but since taiwanese IP seem to be block, I coudn't.

I've tested on IE9 with the IE8 mode and IE tester, and it's working with my configuration. I wanted to try on your website, but since taiwanese IP seem to be block, I coudn't.

Sorry for that, I'm mobile right now so when I'll P.C you when I can add Taiwan in the allowed country list.

Sorry for that, I'm mobile right now so when I'll P.C you when I can add Taiwan in the allowed country list.
On the behalf of Taiwanese, I thank you for them to speak of Taiwan as a country :D I hope Turkey doesn't work with China for its new Internet law, otherwise you've just been blacklisted by two governments.

I've tested on a real IE8 version (using http://www.browserstack.com), and it's working too. But I've found a js error with the Bbm (try to load a Redactor Js file whereas it shouldn't and even if it does, it should not have an error), so I've fixed it (available on Github, but I'm going to publish it here as well). Check if you don't have any Js errors (with other scripts) on IE8 ; they are easy to come, its JavaScript engine is quite rigorous.

On the behalf of Taiwanese, I thank you for them to speak of Taiwan as a country :D I hope Turkey doesn't work with China for its new Internet law, otherwise you've just been blacklisted by two governments.

I've tested on a real IE8 version (using http://www.browserstack.com), and it's working too. But I've found a js error with the Bbm (try to load a Redactor Js file whereas it shouldn't and even if it does, it should not have an error), so I've fixed it (available on Github, but I'm going to publish it here as well). Check if you don't have any Js errors (with other scripts) on IE8 ; they are easy to come, its JavaScript engine is quite rigorous.

I had Taiwanese friends at the university who were very passionate about their home land and missed it dearly. Most hard-working and respectful people I have encountered. If you have millions of people rallying behind an idea so deeply, how can you deny them to be a nation? Pity, I had to block the country from accessing my site because of a few script kitties. Let me say and rest by saying I’ve no love for the Chinese government.

I’ll report back when I have the chance to upgrade. As usual, always a pleasure Cedric (y)(y)

hi, thanks for your great add on
One problem, when this add-on is activated, the "Spoiler" insertion that comes with default Xenforo 1.3.0 beta does not show up.

hi, thanks for your great add on
One problem, when this add-on is activated, the "Spoiler" insertion that comes with default Xenforo 1.3.0 beta does not show up.
I don't get the problem/the question

For usergroups which have been granted to use TinyMCE (with or without the Bbm):
a.webp b.webp c.webp d.webp e.webp

For others:
f.webp

Hi Cédric.

Having a few fun and games with the plugin.

I had it installed , and working. I added in a few smilies and noticed that an update was available for the plugin.

I updated it + assosiated prerequisits. When I have it enabled though , I get the following

error_Tiny.png

Any ideas my good man ?

Browsing using Chrome + IE , Xenforo 1.2.4 , with 2.1.1.1 TinyMCE Quattro

Strangely this appears to just happen in the quick reply section. If I press "reply" on the previous post the editors forms correctly.

Last edited:
@andybond
It seems something breaks the json configuration string of TinyMCE. Send me by pm your forum url. I might also need a ftp access to this addon library (libraries/sedo/...)

Hi Cedric, after trying to update some of my addons, I think uploading the smiley manager addons files messed something up:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method bdTagMe_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base::addSmilies() in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php on line 1948

I disabled smiley manager, bd tag me, TinyMCE Quattro still getting this errow when accessing a thread.

Hi Cedric, after trying to update some of my addons, I think uploading the smiley manager addons files messed something up:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method bdTagMe_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base::addSmilies() in /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php on line 1948

I disabled smiley manager, bd tag me, TinyMCE Quattro still getting this errow when accessing a thread.
I don't know and I don't see how this error would be related to this addon. The last update was so tiny it can't have done anything. But are you sure you disabled bdTagMe? I don't see a reason why another addon will use the "bdTagMe_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base". Search in your php files which one is using this function.

Top Bottom