TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
cclaerhout updated TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes with a new update entry:

Version 1.6.3.2 released

Version 1.6.3.2 released
  • Modification of the TinyMCE font name inside the admin template TinyMCE developers did this to prevent some bugs on IE11 and I forgot to apply the modification in the admin css template.
  • Little modification of a php function to detect if the editor to use is the RTE one or not. Purpose: match this addon options description. (this is the advantage to be forced to debug an addon with an Ipad)

Read the rest of this update entry...

1.6.3.2 tiny mce not loading in xenforo 1.1.5 or am I missing something ?

updated from 1.4.2
You will have probably to create a regex template modification with TMS for the "editor" template:
Code to search:
Code:
<textarea[^>]+?name="{\$formCtrlNameHtml}"[^>]+?id="{\$editorId}_html"[^>]+?class="[^"]+?(?=")
Code to replace:
Code:
$0 BbCodeWysiwygEditor

But I can't test it. I don't have time to reinstall and configure a local server with XenForo 1.1.x. The laptop I was using to test it had problems (hinge broken that also broke my screen cover, look for sparepart, Lenovo:"laptop too old sir, thank you and goodbye", Independant after market shop:"Please let us your laptop, we'll take care of it". 3 weeks later: "We couldn't find any sparepart sir, thank you and goodbye", eBay HK seller [spartpart not correct and torn, Paypal Buyer Protection Program, refunded], eBay bis US seller, success. Laptop hardware fixed. Boot - Win7 admin permission problem - Laptop in a closet waiting for an exorcist and to find some time to fix this software problem).

If you confirm it's working after this modification, I will add it to the xml.

This addon has complications in waindigo library "edit" article, as well as "create new page"
In either instance (When clicking on "edit" article or "Create New Page" to article) a pop up window appears. There should be a wysiwyg bar, however it does not show up.

I should point out, in addition to no wysiwyg, there are complications with the "More Options" tab, with the pop up window closing and the shaded alert bar dropping down displaying "Unspecified error". Process ends.

I have removed the addon, and all works as it should with the default wysiwyg editor in place.

This addon has complications in waindigo library "edit" article, as well as "create new page"
In either instance (When clicking on "edit" article or "Create New Page" to article) a pop up window appears. There should be a wysiwyg bar, however it does not show up.

I should point out, in addition to no wysiwyg, there are complications with the "More Options" tab, with the pop up window closing and the shaded alert bar dropping down displaying "Unspecified error". Process ends.

I have removed the addon, and all works as it should with the default wysiwyg editor in place.
No problem for me. Since there's no editor preloaded in the page, it uses the TinyMCE lazy loader. Check the Point 6 of the FAQ. If the editor doesn't display, there's might have an error in your "Board URL" setting available in the XenForo Options "Basic Board Information".

You will have probably to create a regex template modification with TMS for the "editor" template:
Code to search:
Code:
<textarea[^>]+?name="{\$formCtrlNameHtml}"[^>]+?id="{\$editorId}_html"[^>]+?class="[^"]+?(?=")
Code to replace:
Code:
$0 BbCodeWysiwygEditor

But I can't test it. I don't have time to reinstall and configure a local server with XenForo 1.1.x. The laptop I was using to test it had problem
s (hinge broken that also broke my screen cover, look for sparepart, Lenovo:"laptop too old sir, thank you and goodbye", Independant after market shop:"Please let us your laptop, we'll take care of it". 3 weeks later: "We couldn't find any sparepart sir, thank you and goodbye", eBay HK seller [spartpart not correct and torn, Paypal Buyer Protection Program, refunded], eBay bis US seller, success. Laptop hardware fixed. Boot - Win7 admin permission problem - Laptop in a closet waiting for an exorcist and to find some time to fix this software problem).

If you confirm it's working after this modification, I will add it to the xml.

I will take a look at this later.. reverted back to 1.4.2 for the time being...

So I basically need to add;

Code:
$0 BbCodeWysiwygEditor

hard luck in respect of your laptop.. what is the permission problem in win 7 ?

I will take a look at this later.. reverted back to 1.4.2 for the time being...

So I basically need to add;

Code:
$0 BbCodeWysiwygEditor

hard luck in respect of your laptop.. what is the permission problem in win 7 ?
Yes, or you just have to add "BbCodeWysiwygEditor" inside the html class of your wysiwyg editor.

For the perms, I don't know. Without the safe mode, I can't access to some files or even to the files manager. After a chkdsk, an update of KIS that took ages to finish because their server speed is a nightmare, I've used the win7 permission tool to recreate permissions by directories, subdirectories & files. Nothing. I'm going to save my files, recreate an admin session and restore my outlook pst files. That will be faster. This is the first bug with Seven after about 5 years, so that's ok.

Sounds like a corrupted profile... the win7 permission tool may have not worked properly as you may have to take ownership of the directories first

Add this registry hack to Add "Take Ownership" to Explorer Right-Click Menu

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

Create the new profile then copy the data to new profile maybe best option.. again you may have to 'take ownership' of certain directories first..

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

i have another problem now. i got the editor to work fine but it only works on one of my themes. on all the other themes, Space, Halloween, runaway it doesn't work it give me a big black screen like this

53GAe.png

and no i do not know how to test for this and yes all themes are up to date to support latest ver of xenforo

it works with "XenForo Style Properties Integration" but it looks ugly and without it just the lightgray by itself it gives me black screen in above picture

:facepalm: TinyMCE skin name was "a space" then the style name

works fine now all good :D

Last edited:
I've installed TinyMCE quattro and added a custom bbcode with a template return. However, I would like to show an external page within the overlay.

My xenforo is installed in mydomain.com/forum whereas on mydomain.com drupal 7 is installed. I use drupal 7 as a data engine and would like to show mydomain.com/customsearch in the bbcode overlay. Is this possible?

Thank you very much for any hint.

P.S: of course I can add any js or css to mydomain.com/customsearch

@rhodes
If you're just talking about the MCE, I think I've read some discussion on its forum about that, but I'm not 100% sure. It seems MCE3 has an option to load external html template but MCE4 doesn't have. Its templates are now done programmatically.

If you're talking about the integration framework with XenForo since it's using the XenForo template system, you should be able to use the "callback" template helper (available with XenForo 1.2) that allows you to create a php callback inside a template. xf_phantom wrote a post on how to use it.

It uses the English language file for the spellcheck, right? Is there a way to install another one to replace it?

Last edited:
I am sorry, I forgot to add that I was talking about spellchecking.
It uses your browser spellcheck. The company of TinyMCE has its own spellchecker, I've never used it. For the spellcheck, it is disable by default by the editor. There's an option inside this addon options to enable it.

hi, thanks for this great add-on.
But I have a problem. After installing this add-on on the latest Xenforo, on my iPhone 5, mobile view, the WYSIWYG editor is too wide. It stretches beyond the normal width of the default forum.

Is there any option to fix this?

hi, thanks for this great add-on.
But I have a problem. After installing this add-on on the latest Xenforo, on my iPhone 5, mobile view, the WYSIWYG editor is too wide. It stretches beyond the normal width of the default forum.

Is there any option to fix this?
It must come from your style. You will have to edit your css. You can use your normal browser, resize the window and check the css with the browser developer tool. The editor width size depends on its container.
quattro_responsive.webp

If some of the buttons section that are too wide, you will have to use the buttons manager to split those.

Top Bottom