TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
@Gossamer, check the console and if you've got this message inside the console "MCE failed", you could go in the html code to check what is the html element just before the textarea that shoudn't appear. That's only to help me to understand. But if you see "MCE failed" in the console, I will have to modify a small JS code to find another way if TinyMCE has been loaded.

@Gossamer, check the console and if you've got this message inside the console "MCE failed", you could go in the html code to check what is the html element just before the textarea that shoudn't appear. That's only to help me to understand. But if you see "MCE failed" in the console, I will have to modify a small JS code to find another way if TinyMCE has been loaded.

I checked the console and I do see "MCE failed" there. This seems to happen most consistently when I switch from the wysiwyg editor to the bbcode editor. The extra textbox appears and it remains if I switch back to the wysiwyg editor. Less often, I've seen the extra textbox just appear immediately.

Here is the html right before the extra textbox:

HTML:
<!-- h1 title, description -->
                            <div class="titleBar">

<h1>Edit Post by Hiyuu Tatsuma</h1>

</div>

<!-- main template -->

<form action="posts/72134/save" method="post" class="xenForm Preview AutoValidator"
    data-previewUrl="posts/72134/edit/preview" data-redirect="on">

<fieldset>
        <dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth surplusLabel">
            <dt><label for="ctrl_message">Message:</label></dt>
            <dd>
<div>

Also, I've seen this on Google Chrome. I haven't been able to confirm it on another browser yet.

@Gossamer
I'm not sure that must be the code above the textarea, but anyway, it should hard to fix this.

Replace the content of this file: {yourForum}/js/sedo/tinyquattro/integration/loader.min.js
by the content of this. Tell me if it works after.

@Gossamer
I'm not sure that must be the code above the textarea, but anyway, it should hard to fix this.

Replace the content of this file: {yourForum}/js/sedo/tinyquattro/integration/loader.min.js
by the content of this. Tell me if it works after.
Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the same bug.

And looking again, I think this is actually the html above that area. Grabbed it through the element inspector this time instead of view source:
HTML:
<div id="mce_112" class="mce-statusbar mce-container mce-panel mce-last mce-stack-layout-item" hidefocus="1" tabindex="-1" style="border-width: 1px 0px 0px;"><div id="mce_112-body" class="mce-container-body mce-flow-layout"><label id="mce_114" class="mce-wordcount mce-widget mce-label mce-flow-layout-item mce-first" "="">Words: 486</label><div id="mce_113" class="mce-path mce-flow-layout-item mce-last" style="visibility: hidden;"><div role="button" class="mce-path-item mce-last" data-index="0" tabindex="-1" id="mce_113-0">p</div></div></div></div>

Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the same bug.

And looking again, I think this is actually the html above that area. Grabbed it through the element inspector this time instead of view source:
HTML:
<div id="mce_112" class="mce-statusbar mce-container mce-panel mce-last mce-stack-layout-item" hidefocus="1" tabindex="-1" style="border-width: 1px 0px 0px;"><div id="mce_112-body" class="mce-container-body mce-flow-layout"><label id="mce_114" class="mce-wordcount mce-widget mce-label mce-flow-layout-item mce-first" "="">Words: 486</label><div id="mce_113" class="mce-path mce-flow-layout-item mce-last" style="visibility: hidden;"><div role="button" class="mce-path-item mce-last" data-index="0" tabindex="-1" id="mce_113-0">p</div></div></div></div>
But in your code and more precisely in the editor form, you should have an element with the class "mce-tinymce". Can you check please?

Version 1.6.1 available on Github and soon here.
Changelog:
- Loader modified: failure method modified + creation of a hook to use the TinyMCE setup function during the init (allow to execute code after TinyMCE has been loaded).
- The Modal User Interfaces which are using attachments (see the following Bb Codes: BIMG, AV, SLIDER,) are now compatible with the Resource Manager

Last edited:
cclaerhout updated TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes with a new update entry:

Version 1.6.1 released

Version 1.6.1 released
  • Loader modified:
    • Failure method modified (should fix some problems)
    • Creation of a hook (for developers) to use the TinyMCE setup function during the init (allow to execute code after TinyMCE has been loaded)
  • The Modal User Interfaces which are using attachments (see the following Bb Codes: BIMG, AV, SLIDER,) are now compatible with the Resource Manager

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm using cdn, how can I move the styles/sedo folder into different folder?
I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with CDN. The member here who has the most experience is probably @xfrocks. If your problem is only the style folder, it's only used with css templates. Would it be easier if the few images & fonts would be in a subdirectory of the JS directory? If yes, you can try to do the few changes (there are really not a lot) and if it works tell me what to do and I will do it.

I'm using cdn, how can I move the styles/sedo folder into different folder?
I don't see why using a CDN prevents you from moving your directory structure? It's worth noting that if you do move the directories you must make the necessary changes to keep all the URLs correct.

I moved my static files to a subdomain (ie data, styles, js). I guess I just have to point the urls to the right direction manually. Thanks for the quick replies.
Nice addon by the way.

ok i am testing this editor again with my testing account when i enable it i see this:
4Z04Q.png

4Z057.png

and i do not have Message Auto Save installed i never ever installed it in the past
instead off it looking like this:
4Z07H.png

o and i have everything set on default settings on the TinyMCE

this editor worked for me in the past on an older version of it but now nothing

@XxUnkn0wnxX
"He saw a screen capture and immediately understood who was the killer". Well, may be in a movie, but not there ;) Check the console of your browser.

Information:
the last version of TinyMCE (included in the 1.6.2 release) has a problem with repositioning menus in the fullscreen mode (for what I was able to see on my local & live installation. "Fix will be out on Monday", said Spocke, main developer of TinyMCE [ref]. If you use this fullscreen mode, use 1.6.1 release instead.

@XxUnkn0wnxX
"He saw a screen capture and immediately understood who was the killer". Well, may be in a movie, but not there ;) Check the console of your browser.
Information: the last version of TinyMCE (included in the 1.6.2 release) has a problem with repositioning menus in the fullscreen mode (for what I was able to see on my local & live installation. "Fix will be out on Monday", said Spocke, main developer of TinyMCE [ref]. If you use this fullscreen mode, use 1.6.1 release instead.
? i get this same problem on any browser... what do you mean by console of my browser?

I don't know if this was reported before.
But I've upgrade to the latest Version of TinyMCE Quattro today and it seems to cause some trueble with Editor.
tiny1.webp
Her you can see that there is a lot of white space below the courser which marks the last line in this image

tiny2.webp

Then I inserted an image as "Full Image" and then I pressed the enter-key,

tiny3.webp

now the editor starts jumping around, look at the scrollbar.

I tested this on the default style as well as on UI.X.

@netrix
  • It doesn't come from the last version, TinyMCE applies a bottom padding of 50px on the body of the iframe. I can ask why and if it's necessary. But honestly that's a detail.
  • For the image position once inserted I think I can do something about it. Since the active caret is at the bottom of this image, it should be logic that the editor brings us there. This is not a TinyMCE problem, this comes from this addon framework and should be modified.
  • If this problem bothers you so much is probably due that the scroll has a problem with the last version of TinyMCE on Chrome. The good news is I was able to recreate it on the official website, so they will take care of it [ref].
Since the new version of MCE has (from what I was able to see) two bugs (menu repositioning with fullscreen & the scroll bar annoyance on Chrome), I will release a new version with the previous MCE letting the new option to select which style properties should be preserved after a paste from Word and I'm going to look for the image insertion that doesn't bring us at the active caret.

Last edited:
Top Bottom