[Tinhte] XenTag

[Tinhte] XenTag 3.2.5

No permission to download
I also do not allow my members to tag because I want control over the quality. Lots of large sites do this, including most owned by Social Knowledge. I hate having to dig through tags and remove tags that people ad that are misspelled or simply added as a joke.

Take my first site I have implemented this on:

View attachment 35664

It has been up less than a month and is already my third highest page as far as pageviews and is helping bring in more search traffic.

Nice result, BamaStangGuy
Should allow only Admin & Mod using this tool. Using this smart can decrease site bounce rate too.

If I tag something in a private forum (say staff forum) it won't show up at all in the results if the user does not have permission, correct?

How do I change the visual casing of the text of $tag.tag_text in the template? You strtolower everything which I understand why, but visually presenting everything as lower case doesn't look right for a lot of sites, where proper casing is needed and considered professional.

I really hate how tags are all lower case by default. I just want to change it visually not mess with the database or the input into the database.

I'm having a horrible time getting used to xenForo's add-on system. Coming from vBulletin and not being a programmer, MVC is a bit daunting.

This would have been simple in vBulletin to alter but damn near impossible for me to figure out now.

There is only one auto tag link (for Carnival)?

Yes, it must have been something with what I changed. I reuploaded everything and using stock code is works. My only complaint is the lowercase title tag and text that is presented on the page though. That is what I am trying to alter.

Yes, it must have been something with what I changed. I reuploaded everything and using stock code is works. My only complaint is the lowercase title tag and text that is presented on the page though. That is what I am trying to alter.
You only need to call ucwords for tag text in the title of the tag_view page. However, ucwords is not available for use in template so you need to write a helper method (in XenForo_Template_Helper_Core) for it.

I keep getting:

Undefined index: tinhte_xentag_tags
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Tinhte/XenTag/Search/DataHandler/Page.php at line 10
  2. Tinhte_XenTag_Search_DataHandler_Page->_insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php at line 227
  3. XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract->insertIntoIndex() in Tinhte/XenTag/XenForo/DataWriter/Page.php at line 29
  4. Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_DataWriter_Page->_Tinhte_XenTag_indexForSearch() in Tinhte/XenTag/XenForo/DataWriter/Page.php at line 63
  5. Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_DataWriter_Page->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Page.php at line 247
  7. XenForo_Model_Page->savePage() in PageEditor/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Page.php at line 42
  8. PageEditor_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Page->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/aquiah5/public_html/index.php at line 13

I keep getting:

Undefined index: tinhte_xentag_tags
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Tinhte/XenTag/Search/DataHandler/Page.php at line 10
  2. Tinhte_XenTag_Search_DataHandler_Page->_insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php at line 227
  3. XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract->insertIntoIndex() in Tinhte/XenTag/XenForo/DataWriter/Page.php at line 29
  4. Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_DataWriter_Page->_Tinhte_XenTag_indexForSearch() in Tinhte/XenTag/XenForo/DataWriter/Page.php at line 63
  5. Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_DataWriter_Page->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Page.php at line 247
  7. XenForo_Model_Page->savePage() in PageEditor/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Page.php at line 42
  8. PageEditor_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Page->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/aquiah5/public_html/index.php at line 13

You seemed to be running an upgraded version without reimporting the XML? Try import the XML again.

You seemed to be running an upgraded version without reimporting the XML? Try import the XML again.
I seem to have a similar error message using the latest version and trying to edit a page which previous do not have any tag. It complains about the page does not have a tag. I have to add some tag to the page.

I seem to have a similar error message using the latest version and trying to edit a page which previous do not have any tag. It complains about the page does not have a tag. I have to add some tag to the page.
I will investigate this issue.

Hi Dinh Thanh,

I have been using this add on since starting my forum. I like it how it has this feature:

requirestag.webp

I would like to make a suggestion to have this option user group based and forum based. This is because I have two hidden forums which I do not want to create tags in. I also as an administrator turn it off for my group.

Thanks for the great add on, and hope to hear from you shortly. :)

Hi Dinh Thanh,

I have been using this add on since starting my forum. I like it how it has this feature:

View attachment 36573

I would like to make a suggestion to have this option user group based and forum based. This is because I have two hidden forums which I do not want to create tags in. I also as an administrator turn it off for my group.

Thanks for the great add on, and hope to hear from you shortly. :)

We have them already. Both user-group based & forum based.

Top Bottom