XF 1.1 Thread Prefixes

An eagerly-awaited feature for XenForo 1.1, here is a first look at the new thread prefixes system, with a special guest appearance!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think that removing the colouring and maybe just having them as bold (and a slightly different text colour) might look better; but then that's a styling issue.

They do stand out, and ... no offence intended ... don't seem to "fit" with the general "look" of XF that I've become accustomed to.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Well, I think it would look better if the space available for prefixes would be fixed, that way all thread titles would start from the same place and would make reading easier. Also the font-size of the prefix can be made smaller while keeping it bolded.

I am of the same opinion as Geeks and Mark, however, I think prefixes start to lose their usefulness if you can't easily distinguish between the different prefixes when they are listed. Just making them bold would make them look better (maybe. I've done this on vB and it kind of really looks horrible.) but then you can't easily distinguish them.

can-of-worms.webp

Well, I think it would look better if the space available for prefixes would be fixed
That's easily done by adding a width to the .prefix class.

The prefixes can be styled to suit so everyone should be able to achieve the look they want.

Well, I think it would look better if the space available for prefixes would be fixed, that way all thread titles would start from the same place and would make reading easier. Also the font-size of the prefix can be made smaller while keeping it bolded.
I did agree with you, but someone did a screenshot and it looked a bit rubbish.

I have run into this styling issue with other features on vB that I was working on. I still can't say what the definitive answer is. There probably isn't one.

Oooohhhh ... you're gooooooood!!!!!!

:ROFLMAO:

Actually, it's interesting how those colons make such a difference - tidy it up.

Me likey :)

At this point, apart from having some preset styles, I would like to suggest color selection mechanism very similar to what Gmail labels have. May be for some future versions. :-)

I agree, kier's second version with colons looks nice. I still think we should do something about the thread titles not starting at the same place. I realize it's a smaller matter of editing a lil css... :)

Top Bottom