The Ladies' Lounge

That's ONE reason we like this thread...we can vent to each other and we all understand.

I'm doing good other than being frustrated with my prescription coverage.

Long story and confusing for anyone outside the US.

yeah I'm glad we have this thread! :D

I'm sorry you're having problems with your prescription coverage - is that to do with what your insurance will cover or something?

I sure don't envy you with the US' medical system. I know our system has it's problems but I'm glad I don't need to worry about insurance etc.

yeah I'm glad we have this thread! :D the US' medical system. I know our system has it's problems but I'm glad I don't need to worry about insurance etc.

I'm glad we have this thread too :) I hope we get an actual forum sometime soon ;)

And I am also grateful for our NHS system here too... standard price for most prescriptions.

yeah I'm glad we have this thread! :D

I'm sorry you're having problems with your prescription coverage - is that to do with what your insurance will cover or something?

I sure don't envy you with the US' medical system. I know our system has it's problems but I'm glad I don't need to worry about insurance etc.
It's suppose to pay for it but I have hit what is known here in the states as the donut hole where none of my meds are paid for. (I have medicare which is GOVERNMENT run) and is a royal pain in the rear. But with it, my husband's coverage which is EXCELLENT is considered a secondary and won't pay until the primary (my medicare) pays first.

I know our system needs fixing but.....

I'm glad we have this thread too :) I hope we get an actual forum sometime soon ;)

And I am also grateful for our NHS system here too... standard price for most prescriptions.

An actual forum... now that's an awesome idea hahaha! Like a girls only clubhouse lol

Yeah, and pre-payment prescription cards make it even better when you have a lot of prescriptions each month too! I save a fortune with those things!

It's suppose to pay for it but I have hit what is known here in the states as the donut hole where none of my meds are paid for. (I have medicare which is GOVERNMENT run) and is a royal pain in the rear. But with it, my husband's coverage which is EXCELLENT is considered a secondary and won't pay until the primary (my medicare) pays first.

I know our system needs fixing but.....

Yikes that seriously sucks Liz!! I can't imagine having to deal with that. I guess I'd end up not having meds, cos I wouldn't be able to pay for them (poor student lol). It sounds really complicated too - talk about added stress that you don't need! :(

An actual forum... now that's an awesome idea hahaha! Like a girls only clubhouse lol

Yeah, and pre-payment prescription cards make it even better when you have a lot of prescriptions each month too! I save a fortune with those things!
My husband has hit his out of pocket costs so all ours on his side are free to us til the end of the year. BUT, they are being PITA's about who pays.

Yikes that seriously sucks Liz!! I can't imagine having to deal with that. I guess I'd end up not having meds, cos I wouldn't be able to pay for them (poor student lol). It sounds really complicated too - talk about added stress that you don't need! :(
Well, until 2006 there wasn't a prescription program at all. So I guess it's better than nothing.

Well, until 2006 there wasn't a prescription program at all. So I guess it's better than nothing.

seriously?! So did that mean you had to pay full cost for any prescriptions you needed? That must have cost a fortune!

I'm sorry they're causing problems right now. I hope it gets sorted out soon (or is it a case of waiting it out?).

seriously?! So did that mean you had to pay full cost for any prescriptions you needed? That must have cost a fortune!
It did if you didn't have prescription coverage from a third party. We've been lucky in that husband has always had a job that gave us excellent coverage. Not everyone is so lucky and more third party insurance companies are raising their rates or the companies are deleting coverage starting Jan 2011.
I'm sorry they're causing problems right now. I hope it gets sorted out soon (or is it a case of waiting it out?).
I think we will get it sorted out soon enough.

It did if you didn't have prescription coverage from a third party. We've been lucky in that husband has always had a job that gave us excellent coverage. Not everyone is so lucky and more third party insurance companies are raising their rates or the companies are deleting coverage starting Jan 2011.

I think we will get it sorted out soon enough.

It sounds so complicated and like there's a lot of red tape. blech.

So what do you do when you're not hanging out here? (if that's okay to ask?)

It sounds so complicated and like there's a lot of red tape. blech.

So what do you do when you're not hanging out here?
IT IS a lot of red tape which is what the government is full of!

I am currently trying to learn Photoshop, taking some online free lessons. Making themes for XF, and closing up my scrapping store...other than that, I am getting ready for surgery in about 2 weeks. http://www.ewljourney.gblcreations.com/

IT IS a lot of red tape which is what the government is full of!

I am currently trying to learn Photoshop, taking some online free lessons. Making themes for XF, and closing up my scrapping store...other than that, I am getting ready for surgery in about 2 weeks. http://www.ewljourney.gblcreations.com/

I hate red tape lol!

Wow your blog is cool! Thanks for sharing that! I'm not sure what digital scrapbooking is but it sounds very interesting! You're pretty creative by the sounds of it! And making themes for XF - that's a useful skill to have that I'm sure will be in high demand (if it's not already!) :)

I really hope the surgery goes well!

Wow your blog is cool! Thanks for sharing that! I'm not sure what digital scrapbooking is but it sounds very interesting! You're pretty creative by the sounds of it! And making themes for XF - that's a useful skill to have that I'm sure will be in high demand (if it's not already!) :)

I really hope the surgery goes well!

Well, have you heard of regular scrapbooking ? Digital is similar but all the stuff is online and created for the computer. It's a huge industry and very saturated now. My store was going on three years old but just couldn't compete with the big sites. And XF came along and headed me off in a different direction. I can still use what I made in kits to decorate my themes.

Well, have you heard of regular scrapbooking ? Digital is similar but all the stuff is online and created for the computer. It's a huge industry and very saturated now. My store was going on three years old but just couldn't compete with the big sites. And XF came along and headed me off in a different direction. I can still use what I made in kits to decorate my themes.

Yeah I've heard of regular scrapbooking... even tried a bit of it but it doesn't seem to be very big over here. I quite enjoyed the bits I did, but never really had time to finish it... or space to put all the bits and pieces haha! If I had more time, I'd love to do some more of it.

Digital sounds interesting. I'm sorry your store couldn't compete, but it sounds like you've got a good new direction to go in and utilise your skills! :)

I have to try and get some sleep, but I'm sure I'll speak to you again soon. I've enjoyed hanging out with you tonight and getting to know you a bit more - thanks! :) nite!

Sending love to both Jo and Elizabeth sweet ladies.

I'm way beyond TTOM ... was a graceful farewell around 10 yrs ago. Glad of its going by then, though I valued its deep wisdoms when it ws with me. But suddenly it was time to complete that so I talked to it and it stopped.

Generally things are good for me. A special delight was getting a lovely leaded stained glass window on ebay for my house - it's a wonderful design deceptively simple but full of grace. Also has Tudor rose in it which fits the House (1585)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170550564944&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Knee deep in Wordpress to update two of my sites and will finally get an XF running end of this week ... time to do it.
Looking forward to playing with designs.
(Thank you for Elizabeth's generous help with my first shaky steps with Wordpress.)

My chronic frustration as always is my struggle with weight but I'm walking and swimming ... the woods were lovely today.

I'm way beyond TTOM ... was a graceful farewell around 10 yrs ago. Glad of its going by then, though I valued its deep wisdoms when it ws with me. But suddenly it was time to complete that so I talked to it and it stopped.

Generally things are good for me. A special delight was getting a lovely leaded stained glass window on ebay for my house - it's a wonderful design deceptively simple but full of grace. Also has Tudor rose in it which fits the House (1585)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170550564944&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Knee deep in Wordpress to update two of my sites and will finally get an XF running end of this week ... time to do it.
Looking forward to playing with designs.
(Thank you for Elizabeth's generous help with my first shaky steps with Wordpress.)

My chronic frustration as always is my struggle with weight but I'm walking and swimming ... the woods were lovely today.
I LOVE the window too, Shanj. It's beautiful. I adore stained glass.

I'm beyond TTOM as well. I took care of part of it back in 1994 surgically and the rest just past me by about 2 years ago with no effects.

LOL, at being kneedeep in WP, easy to do and you are more than welcome to what little help you needed. Mostly an ear to find what was there but misbehaving.

Jo, how are you feeling this morning?

Top Bottom