The Elephants and The Donkeys Deserve The Bird

As if.
Fox News is an advertisement network for the Republicans.
It's certainly not a news station.

Looking forward to Obama's easy win ... for the sake of the United States and the Xenforo license you'll owe me.
:)
There are quite a few liberal on Fox News. Where are the conservatives on CNN, NPR or MSNBC?

For the record, I like alot of those ideas.
I am fiscally conservative. I would expect Obama's second term to cut alot of expenses. Nothing he can do will save the broken American economy and poorly designed political system. As far as I can see.

Private sector healthcare is about charging more and providing less. It's not cheaper. It's more expensive. The Health sector can't be fixed by private industry .... healthcare is an EXPENSE. It's always going to be an expense. It's about helping people who aren't as healthy (the unlucky people).
If America wants to have any dignity ... it needs to provide basic healthcare for all Americans. Having third world healthcare for people living in America is disgusting. Why would America think they can be a "World Leader" when they can't take care of their own people ? Disgusting. Pathetic.

Repealing Obamacare would be a bad idea ... fixing it ... Yes. improving it ... Yes. Not repeal.
The Democrats tried to pass a good Affordable Care Act and the Republicans forced it to be watered down so badly it almost is a failure. It sure was never going to make healthcare more affordable (which really is the most important issue).

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/issues/health-care
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
- this video is a joke. It's mindless useless, incorrect, purposely misleading 100% spin.
- pretty much *EVERY* reasonable country in the world has better healthcare than America and they do it by having a strong public healthcare system.

I'm not sure having Gary as the president would be better than Obama. But I am sure more people will think that in 2016 when jack sh*t gets done in the next 4 years.

The corruption in Washington and the unworkable political system is what is America's undoing. We did talk about that here.

I disagree with your thoughts on private healthcare. It is only expensive because hospitals charge an insane amount of money because the government allows them to do so on public plans already. You can look at another country that has healthcare and you'll see debt, regardless of where you go. Even Canada has massive debt. The free market will always be better as it will always provide high quality services for less. Look at our VA hospitals and that's what you'll get with public healthcare. Government doesn't usually do anything right, why should this time be different? Leave healthcare to the private sector and charities.

bigsky.bigmoney.webp

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/big-sky-big-money/

And I thought Super PACs were bad !

America is broken.

I am currently reading a book called "The Fine Print - How Big Companies Use 'Plain English' to Rob You Blind". The focus is on the presidential office but if more scrutiny were paid to who gets elected to Congress, we would be far better off. My logic in supporting Johnson is that with what will hopefully be a strong showing of a third party candidate in the general election, we finally break that psychological barrier that the two parties enjoy.

Bush never called the Seals. Never got Bin Laden. Bush got 50,000 US troops killed and wounded, ran up $8T in military debt chasing non-existent WMD in Iraq and running a "crusade" in Afghanistan while letting Bin Laden, a Bush friend in the 1980's, live in a mansion in Pakistan, another Bush ally.

Obama got the US out of Bush's Iraq mess. Obama is getting the US out of Bush's Afghanistan mess. Obama got Bin Laden.

I am currently reading a book called "The Fine Print - How Big Companies Use 'Plain English' to Rob You Blind". The focus is on the presidential office but if more scrutiny were paid to who gets elected to Congress, we would be far better off. My logic in supporting Johnson is that with what will hopefully be a strong showing of a third party candidate in the general election, we finally break that psychological barrier that the two parties enjoy.

Good luck with that. Some of us tried that with Perot and got Clinton for our troubles and didn't make a bit of difference in the attitude of the populace about the need for a viable third party. It's not going to happen until things get bad enough, which they are not yet, so this election, all those third party votes are just going to help Obama...Hopefully the country can survive it....time will tell.

Good luck with that. Some of us tried that with Perot and got Clinton for our troubles and didn't make a bit of difference....

Actually it did. You may remember that Perot's theme was getting deficit and debt under control and Clinton eliminated the deficit, got the US to budget surplus for the first time in decades and got Debt/GDP going down for the first time in 12 years. So Clinton accomplished the main objective of Perot. Had you voted for Bush instead of Perot, Bush might have won and c0ntinued the failed policies of the previous 12 years that produced record deficits and debt and saw the first increase in US Debt/GDP since World War II.

Good luck with that. Some of us tried that with Perot and got Clinton for our troubles and didn't make a bit of difference in the attitude of the populace about the need for a viable third party. It's not going to happen until things get bad enough, which they are not yet, so this election, all those third party votes are just going to help Obama...Hopefully the country can survive it....time will tell.

Johnson tends to affect both candidates depending on the state. In reality, the number of votes that Johnson will likely pull won't have an affect on the Electoral College which is what really determines the winner. For that matter, 20% of the vote in the right states can win the election due to the way the EC system is set up.

As for your other point, do people who really want to fight for change give up that easily? I tend to feel that there is a much stronger movement in place right now than what is presented to us by the media.

Johnson tends to affect both candidates depending on the state. In reality, the number of votes that Johnson will likely pull won't have an affect on the Electoral College which is what really determines the winner. For that matter, 20% of the vote in the right states can win the election due to the way the EC system is set up.

As for your other point, do people who really want to fight for change give up that easily? I tend to feel that there is a much stronger movement in place right now than what is presented to us by the media.

That's the problem...no one is really ready to fight for change. When enough people are ready to pick up their pitchforks ( or AR's in our case), then government reform will happen. Until then, we're going to keep flipping to either side of the same coin....

That's the problem...no one is really ready to fight for change. When enough people are ready to pick up their pitchforks ( or AR's in our case), then government reform will happen. Until then, we're going to keep flipping to either side of the same coin....
Changing the way the United States governs itself is what is needed.
You need to find a way that big money doesn't corrupt the political process (as much as it does now). As well, you need a system that won't break down in partisan gridlock.

I think you need 5 million people to show up at the Whitehouse, knock on the front door and say, "Sorry Mr. President, but we're taking over from here".

Electoral college ? [gone]
18 month presidential election process [gone] - make it 2-3 months max. (In Canada it is 1 month)
Big money lobbyists [gone]
Campaign Finance Reform [maximum contribution of $1000 for an individual or company, 100% disclosure]
Get rid of the House, Senate ... come up with a more streamlined governance.

Vote for whoever you want, but know that a vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama. That's the reality of the situation. If you like Obama you can vote for either one.

Mitt must be happy with the Mr. Burns endorsement.

Mitt must be happy with the Mr. Burns endorsement.
The Simpsons is still on TV? ugh
I've noticed an interesting correlation in America: As the average intelligence among citizens decreases, the number of cartoons broadcasted during prime time increases :p

Top Bottom