The Demise of the United States is Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave America Alone!

britney_alone_88u3.jpg
Gladly, now if only they did the same and left the rest of the world alone :p

I don't think having troops here is an issue to be perfectly honest. Australia has agreements with other countries to utilise their military bases, and they do... unbeknownst to many Australians.
The same is true for US hosting training exercises in the continental States for other nations. Seems like every few years or so there is some paranoid post popping up after somebody freaks out after seeing foreign military members & hardware on US soil.

Exactly... same applies to the US in the war of 1814, lost the US capitol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington :D All countries 'could' be invaded... how successful it would be... that is another story.

I don't think having troops here is an issue to be perfectly honest. Australia has agreements with other countries to utilise their military bases, and they do... unbeknownst to many Australians.

To be perfectly honest with you, I couldn't care less if someone dropped a nuke on Indonesia. As I said, I've done operations with these people, even had to fight against them because they turn so readily... very nasty, manipulative, back stabbing country. I don't really care personally if Australia is friends with them or not... they're useless, ruthless and deceitful. I wouldn't trust one of them...
War of 1814? Never heard of it. I do however know of a war that happened in 1812 in which the white house was burned. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812

Everyone can hate on the US but when it comes down to it we are always the first to offer our assistance. No country is perfect, we have a share of mistakes made in the world just as everyone else does but ultimately we are here to stay and to police the world. I am sorry if the rest of the world does not like it but we are the last world superpower and are here to better the world.

Please excuse my grammar as I don't speak English, I speak American.

Well the South China Sea and China is the issue. If Australia didn't think the troops were necessary they wouldn't have approved 2500 being based there.

You were probably thinking of the defeat of the British in 1814:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The unfortunate thing about the battle of New Orleans was the treaty of Ghent had already been signed but the combatants at New Orleans was not aware on either side.

If XF was invented in the 1800's, this thread would be pretty long. Nice to see the US has already lasted a few hundred years. I'm sure there would have been a post spike during the Civil War and all the other issues the country faced and ultimately overcame.

America's woes: the next Greece ?

The two versions of greed.
Whether the government is reluctant to tax the very wealthy (as in the U.S.) or lax in its duty to punish tax evasion (as in Greece), the results are similar. Revenues can’t keep up with expenditures and lenders become uneasy. Meanwhile, those who are taxed too leniently have an interest in shifting public attention towards cutting government spending. The bitter partisan quarrels in Washington and Athens lately have this much in common.
American soverign debt was downgraded from Triple A to Double A because of the political mess that is Washington. Hard to believe that the political situation has done nothing since then but get worse. Washington = Fail. Time to clean house (and the senate too!) .... how can you fix Washington ?

Just taxing the "rich" more and more is not an option. The only thing it will lead to is constant redefinition of where the definition of "rich" starts, the "rich" packing up and leaving for greener pastures, and is a plain simple excuse for continuing to spend instead of cutting costs.

Most of the world's chronic problems (i.e. the Middle East, Southwest Asia) can be traced back to British Imperialism, or more to the point, British divesture of Imperial territories following WWII. Why the US would follow in those footsteps is beyond me. I think its high time we stop playing the role of sole world superpower. We can't afford it.

As for taxing the rich, the class warfare rhetoric masks the unmistakable truth. Taxing everyone who earns more that $100K/year at 100% with no deductions doesn't raise enough money to balance the budget, let alone pay off the debt. Drastic cost are required. There can be no holy cows. Military and well as social programs need to be cut.

We need to withdraw from useless organizations like NATO. Its no longer relevant post-cold war. I think the UN should be relocated to Geneva and our financial support for the Paper Tiger Debate Society greatly reduced. Its not that I harbor any ill will towards the rest of the world. We just can't afford to be everyone's best bud, drinking buddy and protector.

Freedom isn't free. Those countries that aspire to freedom are going to have to pay the price with their own blood. If its given to them, it comes too cheaply and it has little value. Besides, what's to say OUR version of freedom is the best? Let the rest of the world experiment with their brand of freedom. Perhaps there is something we can learn from them.

Back to Skyrim.

Taxing everyone who earns more that $100K/year at 100% with no deductions doesn't raise enough money to balance the budget, let alone pay off the debt.

Back to Skyrim.

Fred, did you make up that figure????

That seems off the wall - big time! I wonder where you got it - link please?

My off-the-cuff math shows that the total income in the US is about 13 trillion per year. About 60+ percent of that goes to the top 10%, who make over 100K...many a LOT over 100K. That means roughly about 8 Trillion dollars. If you taxed them at 100%, you'd have 8 trillion. But just to show how far your number might be off, let's tax them at 40%, which would yield 3.2 TRILLION dollars. The projected Budget Deficit in 2014-2015 is less than one trillion. If you paid off one trillion of the debt each year, you'd still have NO deficit and a lower debt each year and 1.2 Trillion left over....

I've heard talking point like you gave from other sources and they turned out to have absolutely no basis in fact. Hopefully you can substantiate yours....

Sad, but true. The decline of the US is now unstoppable.

First and foremost, 52% of all Americans pay no tax whatsoever. The problem with that is that the burden will be shifted more and more to "the rich", and the population of "the rich" will grow smaller and smaller.

You have to understand what "rich" means. A business with over a $1 million/year in revenue is "rich" - but is it? Lets say that business has $250,000 in machinery that it needs to function as a business. It also has 15 employees earning $50K on average a year. Thats a net profit of $250K. Between Federal, state, local and FICA, 55% of that is gone. Thats $112,500 in net profit. Out of that, they have to manage inventory, operating expenses, equipment maintenance and have enough left over to save for equipment refreshes every 3 years. Hardly rich at all, is it?

So, what happens when you raise taxes on this business? Option one - it goes out of business, reducing the number of "the rich", increasing the 52% paying nothing and making the tax burden on the remaining "rich" even steeper.

Option two - it relocates to a more business friendly location, like Mexico. It lays off its American workers, and becomes a Mexican company, no longer subject to US taxes - ain't NAFTA great? This ends up reducing the number of "the rich", increasing the 52% paying nothing and making the tax burden on the remaining "rich" even steeper.

Option three - it passes on the cost to the consumer. The consumer price index increases, entitlement payouts increase, the deficit increases, the percent of GDP the goes to service the debt increases. Taxes increase and the cycle begins again.

No matter how it plays out, the US economy implodes, exactly as it happened to the now defunct Soviet Union in the 80s. The US government will collapse and then ensuing new government will not be a strong republic, but a loose federation formed out of different regions of the US: the northeast, the midwest, the northwest, the southwest, the deep south and Texas.

China will become the major superpower. India will emerge as a economic powerhouse and Brazil will emerge as a world power in South America.

It may take another hundred years, but it is inevitable.
It will not take another hundred years. More like within the next 10 years. The US economy is in a much worse shape than most people think. The debt (and I'm not just talking about the number they care to reveal) is now so huge that realistically it simply can't be payed back, which basically means it can only grow (much) larger. Instead of going through default and recession, the US government just keeps borrowing and printing money. This creates even more debt and massive inflation. The other problem is that the US government doesn't even understand what is wrong with the US economy. They think that injecting newly printed money (stimulus) in the economy and bailing out poorly managed companies is actually a good thing. That this is the way out of recession. The reality is that it's only a delay on a much worse recession, and it's anything but a good base to build a solid economy on. The only reason things aren't worse than they already are is because other countries are stupid enough to keep borrowing money, and at the same time importing US inflation. Obviously this can't last forever and we see more and more indications of this coming to an end.

Someone posted the leave-alone pic in this thread, they should send that pic to Ben Bernanke and Obama.

Here's some must see material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom