The Big Forum List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the first post is getting updated any longer. It's a shame because its hard to sift through looking for big boards.

This is starting to bug me. So many great sites not being updated and kept up with.

We should get together and create some sort of database that is easy to update. I am willing to pitch in anything needed to make this possible.

This is starting to bug me. So many great sites not being updated and kept up with.

We should get together and create some sort of database that is easy to update. I am willing to pitch in anything needed to make this possible.

The OP hasn't been on since January 12. I'd contact one of the staff members and see if it'd be okay to just re-post this.

Whoever takes charge of this could copy and paste what's already here and then add what hasn't been added and keep it updated.

I don't see much point in reposting it.

It's a labour intensive task keeping it up to date and what's to say the next person who takes it on also doesn't abandon it?

I don't see much point in reposting it.

It's a labour intensive task keeping it up to date and what's to say the next person who takes it on also doesn't abandon it?
Agreed, A Directory would be better on another website someone that has the time to maintain it. I do however think it's important to keep track of the really big boards.

I'd be happy to start a directory for this, but we will come back to the same problem, the forum owners would have to submit their websites themselves.

I'd be happy to start a directory for this, but we will come back to the same problem, the forum owners would have to submit their websites themselves.
I would be happy to submit mine. I am sure it is not a problem for other admin either.

I just bought a directory/website a couple weeks ago. I've been slowly adding everyones forums.

It's just simple script but it doesn't tell you the amount of posts the forum has. I want to add more features to it but im not good at coding.

So the moment I'm searching/going to be hiring a php developer to add more features to it relating to forums. Hopefully it will be done in 3 months.

Last edited:
Atleast I can track our own growth even if he's not updating it anymore.

ehh.png

Site Url: http://www.thecoli.com
Number of Posts: 5,033,900
Number of Members: 11,744
Software Converted From: vb 3.8
Genre (Film/Fansite/Technology/Gaming/Sport/Music/Vehicles/General/Other): Music

A year and a few days later

Number of Posts: 9,546,393
Number of Members: 15,634

Would suggest this thread at least be unstuck - it's bad PR for XenForo to make it look like there's only a handful of 10MM+ post forums running XenForo. There are many many more of us.

I don't see how it can be construed as bad PR.

It's an unofficial list of member submitted sites.

I don't see how it can be construed as bad PR.

It's an unofficial list of member submitted sites.

I like your hat! :) Well, just IMO, the fact that it's stickied to the top of a official XenForo forum gives it an official vibe. It's no problem if a prospective customer scrolls and reads all the pages of the thread, but IMO a reading of the first post gives a very unrepresentative view of the current forum landscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom