The Big Forum List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never thought of my forum as a big board, but looking at these lists, I guess we qualify. We just switched over to XenForo on the first of the year (I spent new year's eve coding and importing). Most members are happy with the move, but a few are still griping, as we had been on vBulletin 3 for over five years. I'm still working out the kinks, which never would have been possible without the awesome community here.

I'm still working on the portal, but everything else is working as it should. During 2014, we are going to expand our original content into sports and politics, which is partly what drove the move to XF. We needed a basic CMS type solution (XenPorta) that allowed for discussion on the forums. There was no way I was going to move my community to VB 4 or VB5.

http://www.hawkeyelounge.com/index.php?forums/

Discussions: 99,300
Members: 1,809
Converted from vBulletin 3.8
Genre: Sports/Politics

Last edited:
This thread is just for submitting forums which meet the criteria in the first post.

The off topic chat has been removed.

Site url: http://www.race-dezert.com/
Discussions: 109,214
Members: 32.999
Converted from vBulletin 4
Language: English
Genre: Off Road Racing
Target Marked: North America

Notes: We converted in January 2014 after evaluating various forum softwares from October 2013 on. We grew concern over vBulletins future after its vb5 release and didn't want to be the last forum exiting the sinking ship; hence the early move to XF. After the closure of the lawsuits and seeing digitalpoint make the switch I felt it is safe. Prior to vBulletin we used UBBthreads until vb gained some momentum early on. The early vBulltin community is what attracted me and I see a similar vibe here on XenForo. We use a Wordpress front-end with a WP iframe sidebar inside the forum. Classifieds is based on some commercial product that is heavily modified to a point where I call it our own code. The Store is Shopify.

3 Month into Xenforo I feel that the switch was worth it and I recommend it to anyone on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom