[TH] Custom Fields [Deleted]

I am attempting to display custom field data in various spots in the resources templates. I'm trying to use $resource.fieldID but that isn't working. I found something that led me to try $resource.customField.fieldID but that didn't work either.
Try $resources.customFields.fieldID

Forgive me if this is explained already but I'm looking for the ability to allow users to search for a Custom User Field in members' profiles. IE, I've allowed members to put in their Steam IDs, and I want members to be able to search for all users who have their Steam usernames filled out. Will this addon provide that functionality and if so what do I do to enable it?

Forgive me if this is explained already but I'm looking for the ability to allow users to search for a Custom User Field in members' profiles. IE, I've allowed members to put in their Steam IDs, and I want members to be able to search for all users who have their Steam usernames filled out. Will this addon provide that functionality and if so what do I do to enable it?
You will need to install this add-on:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-search-by-waindigo.2341/

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly (and apologies if I should move this question over there.) I've installed the addon and under the search > more I see a "search members" tab which pops up the fields.

However I'm not quite clear if this is what I'm after > if people want to find a specific response (say my Steam username is Bob, and someone searches for Bob specifically they'll find that) this seems to work fine, but if people want to find *every and all* members who filled out that field, will this still work? I tried an asterisk wildcard and it didn't turn any results up.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly (and apologies if I should move this question over there.) I've installed the addon and under the search > more I see a "search members" tab which pops up the fields.

However I'm not quite clear if this is what I'm after > if people want to find a specific response (say my Steam username is Bob, and someone searches for Bob specifically they'll find that) this seems to work fine, but if people want to find *any* members who filled out that field, will this still work? I tried an asterisk wildcard and it didn't turn any results up.
To allow wildcard searching, you will need this add-on:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/search-by-waindigo.1173/

Thanks for the help again. I've installed that addon and rebuilt the search cache but I still get no results found. Do the wildcards use a particular syntax?

Try $resources.customFields.fieldID
Sorry, that's actually what I had actually tried, just mistyped it above. That isn't working either. I'm trying to use it in the resource_field_list template. I'll try a different template to see if it works elsewhere.

Sorry, that's actually what I had actually tried, just mistyped it above. That isn't working either. I'm trying to use it in the resource_field_list template. I'll try a different template to see if it works elsewhere.
Sorry, I mistyped too. Should've been:
$resources.customFields.fieldID (no s in $resource)

A nice way to see what is available is to use the dump helper:
HTML:
{xen:helper dump, $resource}

Sorry, I mistyped too. Should've been:
$resources.customFields.fieldID (no s in $resource)

A nice way to see what is available is to use the dump helper:
HTML:
{xen:helper dump, $resource}
Nice tool. Looks like it dumps an array and I can see the custom fields in there when I inspect the element using firebug. Just not sure how to pull out that data...

I'm stuck. If anyone has ever posted custom field data in the resource templates successfully, please let me know how you did it. I cannot get it to work.

I am trying to edit the required fields of the nodes from the node edit page but some fields are not saved. I check them, click save then go to the same page and see they are still unchecked. I have 3 custom fields and this happens with two of them.

I'm stuck. If anyone has ever posted custom field data in the resource templates successfully, please let me know how you did it. I cannot get it to work.
And just to be clear, I'm trying to display custom field data in the resource_field_list template and the resource_featured_list templates. Sounds like I might have to do some file edits in addition to template modifications to do this. I've tried {$customFields.ven_logo} and {$resource.customFields.ven_logo} and various other combinations. It will not display the field data for "ven_logo".

Using the dump it looks like the customfields are not available for use in the templates I need to display them on. Does that mean I need to add a query to get them? Where and how would I do that?

Last edited:
I really wish there was a way for people to edit the custom field entry. You mentioned you were intending to add that but the latest version it doesn't show it as an option for people to edit their custom field entry.

I really wish there was a way for people to edit the custom field entry. You mentioned you were intending to add that but the latest version it doesn't show it as an option for people to edit their custom field entry.
What do you mean by that exactly? Just wondering what I'm going to run into. Once users submit the custom field data they can't go back and edit the fields later?

What do you mean by that exactly? Just wondering what I'm going to run into. Once users submit the custom field data they can't go back and edit the fields later?

Exactly.

At least on my end this is the case. I believe waindigo mentioned it would be added but installing the latest version and tried multiple combinations I have been unable to find any to edit a custom field once the thread has been posted. They can edit a thread but not the custom field entry.

Top Bottom