Tabs for "Recent Activity"

Sounds like a neat idea, but I'm not entirely sure this would fit well if it were coded into the forum software. It would make for a neat add-on though.

Where can I get this view?

And:

I would welcome the extension of the visitor messages!

To do this it is necessary:
  1. All visitor messages of all on an extra page and the own profile!
  2. Set who can see the posting: all guests only users / I / me episodes / where I selected group of users / selected people.
  3. Navi bar with: all post / I'll post result which / post me consequences.
  4. Pictures and videos upload.
  5. Select smilies.
  6. I like it / I like not button (link to post awesome would be ratings).
  7. Parts in the profile of someone who follows one.
  8. Disable commenting on the its own post.
  9. Edit comments.
Comment on, edit, delete and log is already.

That would be a really cool extension!

A real status system, who still needs Facebook, Google, etc?

Its a fantasitic Feature for 1.3 ;-)

It seems like this thread has gotten away from the initial suggestion. This reply is only in regards to the op; I like this idea a lot and I don't have the database structure in front of me but I feel like this would not require a lot of work to implement. I think it should be added as it makes finding the new content you care about more accessible quicker.

Well i suggested the Recent Status page, a place to interact better with the rest of the community, like a status wall. What can work with this.

Well i suggested the Recent Status page, a place to interact better with the rest of the community, like a status wall. What can work with this.

I didn't mean any offense by it. I get that both suggestions effect the same page so I guess they're similar.

Back to the tabbed interface part, I just looked at the model and controller for that page and it's not exactly easy from an add on perspective. For it to be done by extending the classes would require overwriting the functions basically.

The model isn't like the rest for some reason, generally the conditions are sent to a prepare conditions function which returns the sql conditions variable. This is all done from within the main function in this model so you can't really hook into it. You'd have to overwrite it.

Ideally, XenForo_Model_NewsFeed::getNewsFeedItems() would look more like XenForo_Model_User::getUsers()

In the case of the Recent Activity page, I think a dropdown menu would actually look better.

I would suggest better wording and consistency, though:
  • Profile Updates
  • Profile Posts
  • Profile Post Comments
Last edited:
In the case of the Recent Activity page, I think a dropdown menu would actually look better.

I would suggest better wording and consistency, though:
  • Profile Status Updates
  • Profile Posts
  • Profile Post Comments
Is "Profile Status Updates" the same as "Profile Updates" ?

e.g.: when a user:
- adds /changes his Homepage URL
- adds / changes his Location
- adds / changes his Avatar
- etc.

As shown in the 3rd mockup at the first post of this thread.

It's well placed under What's New tab, but the main point is it's not improved with time, it's almost same for so many years, I guess since 2010. I really wish XF 2.1 improve it's functionality. Make it possible to filter activities, also make it possible to Like and Comment activities directly on recent activity page.

Top Bottom