Tabs for "Recent Activity"

I agree and disagree:D

This was one of the few features, where i prefered the vBulletin implemention. (because of the filter feature)

On the other side, i'm still not sure if people really use the recent activity page.
It's one of these features which could have potential, but suck ATM

Last edited:
it is about "consistency" and presenting "content types" or "Recent Activity Types".

The Tab "All Activity" is still showing everything, same as currently.

It's not a big change, just adding a few more Tabs, so you can filter the "Recent Activity".
Makes it more interesting for the user to click on the Tabs to see e.g. at the Tab "Profile Updates" who has changed his Avatar-image or who has added a "Homepage-URL" to his profile, etc.

:coffee:

Last edited:
as always, please like the first post if you like it.

Come on, I like it.... like it ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This looks nice, if someone can achieve to group recent status in a Tab like that, it would be easily expanded to a page:
recentstatus-png.47865

The original suggestion already has a Profile Posts tab.

For the record, there is no distinction in the database between a "status update" and a "profile post" - they are all stored in the same format in the xf_profile_post table.

You could however run a query to extract all entries which have the same profile_user_id and user_id and a comment_count of 0.
That would extract all of the "status updates".

The original suggestion already has a Profile Posts tab.

For the record, there is no distinction in the database between a "status update" and a "profile post" - they are all stored in the same format in the xf_profile_post table.

You could however run a query to extract all entries which have the same profile_user_id and user_id and a comment_count of 0.
That would extract all of the "status updates".

Aren't users able to comment status updates? AFAIK they are, so it could have comment_count > 0

This looks nice, if someone can achieve to group recent status in a Tab like that, it would be easily expanded to a page:
recentstatus-png.47865

interesting. Looks like a Farcebook + Twitter mix.

That would give the "Member's Page" a new level of "importance" and use-case scenario.

I guess many people on here will not like it as per default, but an Addon for this would be great....

:coffee:

In my opinion, this is more suited to the new support for tabs on the "New Threads" page.

As @Chris Deeming has done with his gallery and no doubt others will do for other content.

I already have two tabs on my site for posts and media.

In my opinion, this is more suited to the new support for tabs on the "New Threads" page.

As @Chris Deeming has done with his gallery and no doubt others will do for other content.

I already have two tabs on my site for posts and media.

yeah, everyone wants something else.
Maybe this could be implemented as an "option" in ACP, so every webmaster could turn it on or off, depending on preference or niche-website they are servicing.

If it would be some sort of "module", you could just "drop it in" and use it for any content-type (e.g.: use for a Comments-System at a Gallery) you might want to.

The core software can't do that - only add-on developers can create the code necessary for their add-ons to appear in new content lists.

In our community people would love this, it was requested several times, the sidebar addons works, but, it's limited, we can only read the recent status. Now starting my own community but in the one I managed everything added in this social side converted itself in a more active site. :)

Top Bottom