Implemented Thread Prefix

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Really? I can not imagine not having them at this point, the better the system gets the more I use it... It's let me merge many forums into one at this point by using prefixes to describe the thread content... For example I used to have a General News, World News, U.S. News, etc etc forum all seperated because people would just jumble it all together, but then when prefixes became a little more user friendly I merged everything into a single news forum and required a prefix.

I also use them for staff members to make posts Admins and Mods can use the Staff Notice Prefix so people know that it's probably important to look at.

exactly the same reason I'd want them. it lets me combine several slower forums while still giving people the ability to quick filter the forum to a specific category "prefix".

Just another note to say that if the thread prefix is developed, it would also need to be a part of the conversion process so that all previously marked threads are not changed.

Just another note to say that if the thread prefix is developed, it would also need to be a part of the conversion process so that all previously marked threads are not changed.
Naturally. The only reason prefixes aren't converted now is because there is no such functionality ;)

I can not proceed without thread prefixes. :(
One of my sites I want to develop has too many empty forums. It's a wasteland.
With thread prefixes I can combine several forums into one and once they get <hopefully> going, moved those with the same thread prefix to their own forum.

Planned for some point.
1224735980_sm.gif

It's coming. We need to appreciate that other developments, features and bug fixes have priority.

It's one of only a few things stopping my board from switching but I'll wait...patiently :)

I can't wait personally, prefixes are such a big part of my communities, I forgot just how big until they were gone :(.

Top Bottom