Implemented 'There already is a new reply. Please review your answer' / Live reply

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Live Topic for XF definitely. This is what I've been wondering myself and (feel free to run a poll but) I can't see any user disliking the idea of a Live Topic-like feature integrated by default.

If implemented, this would have to be thought through very well. If done wrong, this could actually prevent you from replying to a really fast-moving thread, as each time you try to reply, you get the "there have been new posts" message. Of course there are workarounds for that as well. On the whole, I don't think this is necessary.

If implemented, this would have to be thought through very well. If done wrong, this could actually prevent you from replying to a really fast-moving thread, as each time you try to reply, you get the "there have been new posts" message. Of course there are workarounds for that as well. On the whole, I don't think this is necessary.

Not if they just had a LiveTopic like feature instead of a message. :)

This would reduce redundant replies to a question in an active forum wouldn't it? We have the occasional question threads where the first 2-3 replies are the answer, sometimes verbatim.

This would reduce redundant replies to a question in an active forum wouldn't it? We have the occasional question threads where the first 2-3 replies are the answer, sometimes verbatim.

Yes indeed, I had to delete a few posts of mine due to this feature :)

Yes indeed, I had to delete a few posts of mine due to this feature :)

Then yes, I would really like this feature!
Maybe as a mod - I personally wouldn't want to discourage posting, even if it was duplicated.
It wouldn't discourage but give the poster the ability to see if what he/she is about to post has already been posted in the time it took them to post.

EDIT:
I would also suggest that you only see this feature if someone has made a post in the time it took you to make your post. So it is not like this feature would be seen most of the time.

Hi,

With all these fancy things we are seeing I would like to suggest a Live Thread Reply.
When we're typing and someone replies to the same thread, we will see their post appear just bellow to the last one.

What do you think?

This has been unofficially suggested a few times. Glad someone made an official thread for it.

Perhaps this'll be a modification, but it would be SO much better as core functionality.

This is an example of something that probably should be automatically included, but not necessarily turned on.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that we might need an option to turn it on and off not only by forum, but by thread.

But yes, I really want this... even if 'my' server might disagree.

yes ... I would prefer has a core funcionality.
The problem with mods is that they stop being developed and we are stuck and must remove the functionality to upgrade the board :(

Top Bottom