Implemented "Search this thread"

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The more I post on XenForo.com, do more I am in need if it right now! ;)
Thank you for waking this thread up!

For the record, when it was started, they did not have the 'number of first likes' system set up in the suggestion forum. I went back and 'liked' the first post.

I cannot see how anyone could object to this suggestion, if others are reading this and want to be able to search for things (a word, a specific members posts) in a specific thread (keep in mind threads can be thousands of posts long) then go to post #1 and hit the like button :)

This is a must for any forum, saves time on searching when you can search through the thread instead of just searching for threads.

was surprised that this didn't exist already... just tried to search in a thread.

with the effort spent enabling the thread pagenav animation/scrolling and display clarity, seems odd not to be able to easily/directly search such a thread with hundreds of pages.

was surprised that this didn't exist already... just tried to search in a thread.

with the effort spent enabling the thread pagenav animation/scrolling and display clarity, seems odd not to be able to easily/directly search such a thread with hundreds of pages.
The trick here is; how do you introduce it to the thread page without affecting the very clean look and simplicity. I can understand why they didn't do it already, this requires good thinking before anything is done.

Definitely a must on any forum. It's tough to search through 10+ pages to find an answer to something. Plus, it contributes to folks giving up on searching through the threads and simply hoping that someone else will remember or do the search for them. Lots of unnecessary duplicate posts.

Shameless bump... any word on this at all that I might be missing in a different thread?

This feature is a must and deserves more attention I feel :)

Top Bottom