Resource icon

Sub-nodes in columns

Planning to move forward with it.. xD Some times I get frustrated though, if i'm not getting support/help responses fast enough, because i'm trying to hurry and get my main site launched WITH XF as fast as possible lol. I guess I need to learn patience, because everyone isn't on here 24/7 ... lmao. I just want to hurry and get all I need to do, done with it. I think there's alot of work yet to be done though.. >_<

Yeah, it can be frustrating when you want to get it all out there and it takes longer than you expect. :)

Don't worry about making it "perfect" to start with though - some of the "stuff" can be sorted after launch. Get your forum structure built and your site theme in place and then sort the rest as people start using it (and giving you feedback). Permissions, usergroup promotions, extended smilies, add-ons, etc. can all be done in the following days and weeks whilst people are posting and making the site "active". (y)

Good luck with it. :D

[Edit: Oppppss - sorry - I hadn't realised this was an add-on discussion thread - my bad!!]

Yeah, it can be frustrating when you want to get it all out there and it takes longer than you expect. :)

Don't worry about making it "perfect" to start with though - some of the "stuff" can be sorted after launch. Get your forum structure built and your site theme in place and then sort the rest as people start using it (and giving you feedback). Permissions, usergroup promotions, extended smilies, add-ons, etc. can all be done in the following days and weeks whilst people are posting and making the site "active". (y)

Good luck with it. :D

[Edit: Oppppss - sorry - I hadn't realised this was an add-on discussion thread - my bad!!]

yeah true! i'll knock alot of that stuff out later today after some sleep. the usergroups/permissions is vital though. because of paid subscriptions and etc. i take CCBILL only. Not paypal. I'm perma-limited with PayPal. >_< But anyway, yeah, I don't like working on things whilst tired, i tend to mess things up haha. and thanks for the good luck!

perhaps we copy over our "convo/discussion" to my other thread about it? lol http://xenforo.com/community/threads/sub-node-styling-help.36462/ and remove comments here? or.. >_>

yeah true! i'll knock alot of that stuff out later today after some sleep. the usergroups/permissions is vital though. because of paid subscriptions and etc. i take CCBILL only. Not paypal. I'm perma-limited with PayPal. >_< But anyway, yeah, I don't like working on things whilst tired, i tend to mess things up haha. and thanks for the good luck!

perhaps we copy over our "convo/discussion" to my other thread about it? lol http://xenforo.com/community/threads/sub-node-styling-help.36462/ and remove comments here? or.. >_>
Just post your solution, that is the interesting part.

Reactions: vVv
Two of the images needed, in folder: @imagePath/xenforo/icons/

http://footish.xxx/xf-footish/styles/default/xenforo/icons/subforum_old-48.png
http://footish.xxx/xf-footish/styles/default/xenforo/icons/subforum_new-48.png

This isn't original, this is the tweaked from another example code (minus img code):
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/sub-nodes-in-columns.30058/#post-354204

Code:
<div class="nodeStats pairsInline">
<xen:if is="{$renderedChildren} AND {$level} == 2">
        <div class="subForumsPopup">
                <div class="subForumsMenu">
                        <ol class="blockLinksList2">
                        <xen:foreach loop="$renderedChildren" value="$child">
                               {xen:raw $child}
                        </xen:foreach>
                        </ol>
                </div>
        </div>
</xen:if>
                <dl>
<dt>{xen:phrase discussions}:</dt> <dd>{xen:if $forum.privateInfo, '&ndash;', {xen:number $forum.discussion_count}}</dd>
                    <dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt> <dd>{xen:if $forum.privateInfo, '&ndash;', {xen:number $forum.message_count}}</dd>
                </dl>
            </div>
        </div>

Extra.css (arty did):

Code:
body .subForumsPopup
{
margin: 0;
float: none;
}

body .subForumsPopup .blockLinksList2
{
display: inline-table;
width: 100%;
box-sizing: border-box;
word-spacing: -10px;
}

body .subForumsPopup .blockLinksList2 > li
{
display: inline-block;
word-spacing: 0;
vertical-align: top;
}

body .subForumsPopup .blockLinksList2 .nodeTitle
{
font-weight: normal;
    display: inline-block;
    padding-left: 12px;
    background: transparent url('@imagePath/xenforo/icons/subforum_old-48.png') no-repeat 0 50%;
}

body .subForumsPopup .blockLinksList2 .unread .nodeTitle
{
font-weight: bold;
background-image: url('@imagePath/xenforo/icons/subforum_new-48.png');
}

body .subForumsPopup .blockLinksList2 .nodeTitle a:before
{
content: "";
}

body .subForumsPopup .blockLinksList2 li.node > .unread .nodeTitle a:before
{
background: @primaryMedium;
}

.subForumsMenu .node .node
{
display: none;
}

.inlineimg
{
margin-left: 10px;
}

.blockLinksList2 a, .blockLinksList2 label {
padding: 5px 5px !important;
border-radius: 0px !important;
display: inline !important;
}

.blockLinksList2 a:hover, .blockLinksList2 a:focus, .blockLinksList2 li.kbSelect a, .blockLinksList2 label:hover, .blockLinksList2 label:focus, .blockLinksList2 li.kbSelect label
{
text-decoration: underline !important;
background: none !important;
}

If I switch to this sub forum manager, will i loose all of the content in my current one?
Unfortunately I'm not sure of the Add-on I used.
My URL is www.doomsdayprepperforums.com if you need to see what I am talking about.

Thanks in advance.

Using this mod now, but I can't figure out a way for the subforums to use all the available white space. Any idea's ?

Capture.webp

Using this mod now, but I can't figure out a way for the subforums to use all the available white space. Any idea's ?

Have you checked that the width to the following is set to 100%? I'm just guessing as I haven't got this installed currently.

Code:
.subForumsPopup .blockLinksList {

width: 100%;}

Have you checked that the width to the following is set to 100%? I'm just guessing as I haven't got this installed currently.

Code:
.subForumsPopup .blockLinksList {

width: 100%;}

Yep, I have it set at 100% looks like latest thread information is stopping it from using available space ?

could you post a link to your forum I've seen others having it spanned all the way across so it might just be a matter of adding/adjusting some padding or margin.

I'm not sure whether this is the correct way to go about this but it spanned 100% by doing the following in firebug if you paste in extra.css you may not need to use !important

Code:
.node .nodeText {
    margin: 20px 0 10px 46px !important;
}
Excellent! that worked, thanks very much :)

Awesome :)

subforums.png

How to make my Sub-forums look like on this picture in default style?

I'm not sure whether this is the correct way to go about this but it spanned 100% by doing the following in firebug if you paste in extra.css you may not need to use !important

Code:
.node .nodeText {
    margin: 20px 0 10px 46px !important;
}

Hi Shelly,

Any idea how to just extend the sub nodes? That CSS makes everything 100%, causing overlaps :(

Thanks,
Dave.

image.webp

Thanks this is great!

Question: Is there a was to get sub forum descriptions to pop up on roll over?

Also any clues for how to treat this on the Soft Responsive Style? (some sort of strategy for abandoning the grid layout on a phone handset screen size?)

Thanks in advance

I'm not understand here! what templates i have put it?

HTML:
<div class="nodeControls">
            <a href="{xen:link forums/index.rss, $forum}" class="tinyIcon feedIcon" title="{xen:phrase rss}">{xen:phrase rss}</a>
        </div>

</div>

and this;

HTML:
{
}

I'm not understand here! what templates i have put it?

HTML:
<div class="nodeControls">
            <a href="{xen:link forums/index.rss, $forum}" class="tinyIcon feedIcon" title="{xen:phrase rss}">{xen:phrase rss}</a>
        </div>

</div>

This code already exist, so you don't need to anything with it, but you need to move <xen:if is="{$renderedChildren} AND {$level} == 2"> code under the <div class="nodeControls"> code.

HTML:
{
}

extra.css

Top Bottom