Style Critique: Echo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the text links on the "Sign up Now" button is white. Much clearer.
I don't know what I did, but I'll take it! haha Just gotta change the "Terms and Rules" link color now.

Also, what were you referring to with the html code from a few days ago and the white to transparent gradient? Sidebar blocks or the transparent thing?

I don't know what I did, but I'll take it! haha Just gotta change the "Terms and Rules" link color now.

Also, what were you referring to with the html code from a few days ago and the white to transparent gradient? Sidebar blocks or the transparent thing?

Oh that. For some reason you have a gradient on your side blocks where you never before I suggested it. Anyway, it's there now (the gradient) so there's no need to alter anything. :)

Oh that. For some reason you have a gradient on your side blocks where you never before I suggested it. Anyway, it's there now (the gradient) so there's no need to alter anything. :)
*shrug* OK! haha

Anything else you can think of? :D As an aside, I think I have another idea for a skin (maybe even to release; I dunno) that I'm gonna work on over break as well.

*shrug* OK! haha

Anything else you can think of? :D As an aside, I think I have another idea for a skin (maybe even to release; I dunno) that I'm gonna work on over break as well.

I would probably suggest doing something with the .messageUserBlock (as it's still the default colour). Perhaps style the whole postbit area a little.

LOL; I had it changed, but it looked weird, and when I changed it back, I think I subconsciously went to the default scheme. hahaha I'll play around with that in a bit. :D

oh wow, now this is looking really good!

Don't forget to change the background color in the chatbox. :)

Well spotted.

That'll be this code Kurt.

Code:
#taigachat_box {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #F0F7FC;
    border: 1px solid #D2E1F0;
    font-size: 11px;
    height: 300px;
    margin: 5px -2px 0;
    overflow-x: auto;
    overflow-y: scroll;
    padding: 5px;
    width: 220px;
}

I just edited dark_taigachat.css and made it @contentBackground--I assume you didn't like the blue, right? Also added a border-radius to the chatbox though it looks a little weird with the scrollbar poking out.

Actually it's this code that I changed. In the dark_taigachat.css template.

Code:
#taigachat_box { width: 210px; height: 300px; border: 1px solid @primaryLighter; padding: 5px; margin: 5px -2px 0 -2px; overflow: auto; overflow-y: scroll; font-size: 11px; [B]background: @lightTextColor[/B]; }
.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_box { margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 0; }
#taigachat_box li { background: @lightTextColor; margin-bottom: 6px; }
#taigachat_controls { text-align: center; margin: 10px 0 5px; }

I just edited dark_taigachat.css and made it @contentBackground--I assume you didn't like the blue, right? Also added a border-radius to the chatbox though it looks a little weird with the scrollbar poking out.

Much better. Now the content (text) really oozes out nicely. Oozes? what the heck am I thinking?

All right; Iwas trying to mess with the postbit...gradients look odd (unless I added a new one just for it) and I'm having difficulties with something in the back covering up part of the border-radius...suggestions for changing that up? (No, what's currently on the site is not what I think is good, hahaha.)

This has been a super collaborative effort, I love it, you have ended up with a great skin Kurt :)

Shelley you are a doll to help so much!!!

I guess it helps having someone who actually listens to your advice :D

Great work guys!!!

Hi Kurt,

Just when you thought it was safe and your style finished. Well, almost. I noticed the many popups look a little odd with the radius enclosed inside the overlay container. One instance is the Quick Navigation Menu overlay I feel if you start adding some margins, the areas inside the overlays will not look crammed.

I made some alterations in firebug and added a margin in the (below) example and changed the blue border-left to the grey colour. I've provided a before and after screenshot so you know what I'm referring to. The margins should be added to the sub forum popups and other areas that looked crammed.

Quick-Navigation-Menu.webp

Same rule with the style chooser. I think you get the jist with regards to the areas I'm referring to. It's just a matter of cleaning up the style and your done. :)

style_chooser.webp

And with the sub-forum. A little more work involved but nothing major. Something like this (below). I would strongly suggest removing the dashed bored within the sub-forum popdown menu

I haven't tried. But you could even add a top-right, bottom-right, bottom-left 3px radius.

sub-forum.webp

Haven't updated in a couple days because I was finishing up final exams. I'm done now and am home for break (whoo!), so back to work on this :D:

I'm having issues with adding the margins you suggested, Shelley. I can see how to do them in Firebug, but they're mainly in secondaryContent, which would screw up a lot of other stuff if I changed it. The only one I managed to get was on the Quick Navigation Menu, and only on the right side (the left row is controlled by secondaryContent, from the look of it). o_O

Also, while I liked the border-radius suggestion on the subforum drop-down, I realized that if the popup goes above the "Sub-Forums" line (i.e. if "Sub-Forums" is down at the bottom of the screen), it would look weird with those same corners. :(

Finally, I tried to do more with the postbit, but I'd like a gradient to extend down the box (like I see on Kim's Christmas theme, for instance), so I'll try to whip that up tomorrow (I think Inkscape can do it after all...we'll see :P).

Any more suggestions are more than welcome...I'll do some more work tomorrow when I haven't been up for seventeen hours running on four hours of sleep. lol

I have to admit it's a little tricky to accomplish,but it can be done because I did it by directly adding to and editing the templates and it gives off such a nice clean look.

Keep tinkering in the templates I mentioned on twitter, it can be done and the results especially for the quick navigation and subforum popout look so much cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom