[Suggestion] Style/site review critique forum

/gives up

Gives a hug
bighug.gif

I definitely like this idea :)
Everyone likes to have some criticism and praise for the work they've done. Good way to help each other's community 'blind spots' :D
It's also educational.
Ideally some of the more dedicated xenforo enthusiasts could almost sort of use the thread as a "blog" of what they are doing on their site (addons, integrations, etc.).
Keep this content HIDDEN from non-paid members would encourage people to spend the $140 to get in the game.

I do not think keeping the forum or posts hidden from guest would make them want to buy XenForo just to get in the game. Showing them what XF can do would sway them more so IMHO.

I do not think keeping the forum or posts hidden from guest would make them want to buy XenForo just to get in the game. Showing them what XF can do would sway them more so IMHO.
Agreed; for example, they could see the thread for Clip the Apex (Brogan's forum) and remark on how useful XenForo's pages system can be, which would possibly entice them to purchase a license.

I think you are right for this case.

I do think that having content about xenforo that is only accessible to paid members would add more value to being a member. Exactly what that content could be .... hard to say ... Any ideas ?

Could Video Tutorials could be one such incentive ? About what ?

CliptheApex.com & use of Pages.
http://cliptheapex.com/community/pages/2011-race-hub/
- certainly nice use of Pages !

- if these types of pages could be created by anyone (ie. members) and could have comments and these pages are a part of the What's New in the forums .... they would be smoking !
- otherwise I think native Xenforo pages are awkward still (cannot be their own Tab, etc.).
- I think Logician's Webtemplates was a vB breakthrough and some of the principles behind them could improve Pages.

PS. If Xenforo.com wanted to show off Pages ... why would they still be unused here ? Why was a non-Xenforo method of Help documentation (ie. not available to Xenforo customers) chosen over Xenforo Pages ?

I've already posted it a few times but just to reiterate, the proposed style/critique forum will be publicly available to all members, customers and non-customers.

Top Bottom