Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
I don't recall ever using a template with it.

I mean like... Have you made any edits to the steam templates in appearance? Sometimes they don't revert on an update.

Also reaching out to all Steam Auth users, Does anybody else use Ad Manager 1.0 Beta 3.0.1 along with this addon? I would like to know if this is just a special case with your site @Eoj Nawoh or if it is actually a conflict. It could also just be a conflict with the ads you're embedding on the site. I can't find a javascript file to compare to mine in your site code to see if there are conflicts.

On another note, did permission errors go away?

I mean like... Have you made any edits to the steam templates in appearance? Sometimes they don't revert on an update.

Also reaching out to all Steam Auth users, Does anybody else use Ad Manager 1.0 Beta 3.0.1 along with this addon? I would like to know if this is just a special case with your site @Eoj Nawoh or if it is actually a conflict. It could also just be a conflict with the ads you're embedding on the site. I can't find a javascript file to compare to mine in your site code to see if there are conflicts.

On another note, did permission errors go away?

I don't believe so.

And no, the error is still happening.

And quite honestly, at this point, I'll even buy another ad manager if need be. I would like to avoid it, as the current one cost money, but I NEED to get rid of these errors and I can't remove Steam Login.

Last edited:
Hmmm have you ever considered editing the steamprofile.js and json-proxy.php or w/e it's called and combine them with the stats counter-part, to limit the amount of files included and make things more efficient?
Also I was considering editing the json-proxy.php file to utilize if a person is using a caching module, for better performance.

I don't believe so.

And no, the error is still happening.

And quite honestly, at this point, I'll even buy another ad manager if need be. I would like to avoid it, as the current one cost money, but I NEED to get rid of these errors and I can't remove Steam Login.

I went up and down your site and my site (just to see) with firebug and I can't find anything. Do you have a php error log that you can access? I'm curious to see if anything shows in there.

What you could do is uncheck all the options in SteamAuth and leave only your API key. Just run without the steam profile and stats for a bit to see if that helps.

Hmmm have you ever considered editing the steamprofile.js and json-proxy.php or w/e it's called and combine them with the stats counter-part, to limit the amount of files included and make things more efficient?
Also I was considering editing the json-proxy.php file to utilize if a person is using a caching module, for better performance.

I don't even know where to start to get the javascript to talk back and forth from the jsonproxy file if I put it in the helper. I'll have to do some thinking. Unfortunately javascript isn't my strong suit. I can do it, but I usually have to reference a lot.

I went up and down your site and my site (just to see) with firebug and I can't find anything. Do you have a php error log that you can access? I'm curious to see if anything shows in there.

What you could do is uncheck all the options in SteamAuth and leave only your API key. Just run without the steam profile and stats for a bit to see if that helps.

I don't even know where to start to get the javascript to talk back and forth from the jsonproxy file if I put it in the helper. I'll have to do some thinking. Unfortunately javascript isn't my strong suit. I can do it, but I usually have to reference a lot.
I don't know much about it, but I think that you simply define a new variable. "var display" and in the XF template set it equal to full for the fullsize one, or stat for the smaller one. Then just check what it's set to and display accordingly. Is that possible in JS?

I don't know much about it, but I think that you simply define a new variable. "var display" and in the XF template set it equal to full for the fullsize one, or stat for the smaller one. Then just check what it's set to and display accordingly. Is that possible in JS?

Oh I see what you mean. You're looking to combine the two javascripts together into one file. That I could probably work out, I thought you meant something else.

If I uncheck everything, then we don't have the ad issue. (and possibly the perms, not sure,)

If I uncheck everything, then we don't have the ad issue. (and possibly the perms, not sure,)

I'd recommend running without steamprofile on posts (member view should be fine) and without steam stats as well until I can figure out the conflict unique to your website.

I'd recommend running without steamprofile on posts (member view should be fine) and without steam stats as well until I can figure out the conflict unique to your website.

Alright, the permissions error still happens, but we've managed to get rid of the post error.

Coming up in the next update:

* JavaScript animation tweak for SteamProfile slider (Thanks, silence!)
* Moved SteamProfile CSS to XenForo Template Manager
* Deleted unused style.css files
* Removed themes folder from JS directory, moved to styles\default\steamauth
* Removed unnecessary templates pre-loads from and fixed a bug in Listener.php
* Cleaned up ControllerPublic and Routes
* Added permissions for viewing SteamProfile banner
* Attempted fix for rare permission bugs
* Other stuff I probably forgot to mention

I'm awaiting for feedback from the few people experiencing the bug before I push this update out.

Suggestion: You can now activate/redeem keys on accounts linked via Steam OpenID (Humble Bundle do it). Would be great if admins could either store or enter keys to send to users (through the admin panel) who connect to their boards via their Steam accounts. We do a lot of competitions so this would be a really easy way of doing things.

Hi there! Firstly thanks for such an awesome Add On for XenForo!

In the next release, is it possible to please add in a way to authenticate into the AdminCP via Steam?

IE: Add <x> user as an administrator, so that when <x> tries to sign into the AdminCP they use Steam.

Last edited:
I got a issue where I get these errors.
The users who want to intergrate their Steam, gets a page loading forever and nothing happens at the end, and they can't link their account..
Weird thing is that it worked earlier..?

Code:
Trying to get property of non-object
8 minutes ago - /home/heartbit/public_html/js/steam/jsonproxy.php:135

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

12 minutes ago - /home/heartbit/public_html/js/steam/jsonproxy.php:135

13 minutes ago - /home/heartbit/public_html/js/steam/jsonproxy.php:135

Say I install this addon, people use Steam to sign into my site, then later on I remove the addon. What happens to those user accounts that were created via Steam auth? Is a full user record created in the database that will be maintained and accessible after uninstallation of the addon?

I got a issue where I get these errors.
The users who want to intergrate their Steam, gets a page loading forever and nothing happens at the end, and they can't link their account..
Weird thing is that it worked earlier..?

Code:

Try disabling steam game banners in steamprofile temporarily. Let me know if that helps. Could be a bug.

Say I install this addon, people use Steam to sign into my site, then later on I remove the addon. What happens to those user accounts that were created via Steam auth? Is a full user record created in the database that will be maintained and accessible after uninstallation of the addon?

It uses XenForo's registration, so even if the addon is removed, the accounts will still exist. However, if they never had a password generated, they would need to generate one through the forgotten password link or a reset through the ACP.

How I can add "trade URL for third-party sites" link to your plugin?

For more please visit this link

I have to do more investigating on this, but if the personalized URL doesn't have something to do with the SteamID64 or the SteamAPI, then right now this addon won't be able to help you with generating the URL. It may have to be entered in by the user (which could just be an extra profile field).

Suggestion: You can now activate/redeem keys on accounts linked via Steam OpenID (Humble Bundle do it). Would be great if admins could either store or enter keys to send to users (through the admin panel) who connect to their boards via their Steam accounts. We do a lot of competitions so this would be a really easy way of doing things.

I can look into this for the future.

Hi there! Firstly thanks for such an awesome Add On for XenForo!

In the next release, is it possible to please add in a way to authenticate into the AdminCP via Steam?

IE: Add <x> user as an administrator, so that when <x> tries to sign into the AdminCP they use Steam.

Without having looked up anything, I don't believe this is possible without some major editing. Sorry. :(

If I come across documentation that says otherwise, I can look into doing so.

Top Bottom