Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Hey arms. I just realized something my sleep deprived brain missed. This is the URL it generated:

Code:
ErrorException: getimagesize() [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: Read error! - library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php:88

I think I may have to dig through the code a bit. I wonder if that has something to deal with not using cURL. (Definitely not, it got the information for the user from Steam) In either event, you definitely didn't get an image back. Still could be something on your side though. Not 100% sure yet.

Last edited:
I will attempt to investigate the issue this weekend.

EDIT: Just as an initial investigation. I can't reproduce this on my forums yet. I have SteamAuth enabled and when I navigate to other threads it properly displays my last seen location.

Hope you watched the video in full screen and 1080p. :)

Anyway, I'm the admin that recorded this and just wanted to mention that in forums seems to be the only place this doesn't happen. For example, if I'm viewing the forum Tests and I pull up my profile or member card, I would see Viewing forum Tests. However, for anything else like viewing threads, managing my account, etc., it's always Viewing forum list with this enabled.

Hope you watched the video in full screen and 1080p. :)

Anyway, I'm the admin that recorded this and just wanted to mention that in forums seems to be the only place this doesn't happen. For example, if I'm viewing the forum Tests and I pull up my profile or member card, I would see Viewing forum Tests. However, for anything else like viewing threads, managing my account, etc., it's always Viewing forum list with this enabled.

I did watch your examples, but I've been unable to reproduce it on my end. I've navigated to forums, users profiles, etc. and each one updates for me. Give it a try: http://ragecagegaming.com/forum/

Have you tried disabling other addons to see if there's a conflict somewhere?

I'll look into it and see what's possible for selective nodes.
Any update on this? Displaying steam image and info instead of a user's avatar in specific forums?
I.e. we have a PC gaming related forum and want to give members the option of replacing their avatar against posts in this forum.
Thanks

I will attempt to investigate the issue this weekend.

EDIT: Just as an initial investigation. I can't reproduce this on my forums yet. I have SteamAuth enabled and when I navigate to other threads it properly displays my last seen location.

Hmm. I'm running on xfhost so there shouldn't be any complications there. My location showed fine for me when I had it installed, it was other users that it was messing up for.

EDIT:

I did watch your examples, but I've been unable to reproduce it on my end. I've navigated to forums, users profiles, etc. and each one updates for me. Give it a try: http://ragecagegaming.com/forum/

Have you tried disabling other addons to see if there's a conflict somewhere?

I'll give it a shot. I do have a few add-ons installed currently. It could be an issue with those but I'll more than likely keep steam uninstalled either way until a solution can be found. I'll test it out and get back to you if it turns out it was another add-on.

Any update on this? Displaying steam image and info instead of a user's avatar in specific forums?
I.e. we have a PC gaming related forum and want to give members the option of replacing their avatar against posts in this forum.
Thanks

Hey Stuart. So If you're looking to have the Steam Profile only show in a specific form (especially in place of an avatar), templates edits still have to happen as far as I can tell... I haven't had a chance to mess with the template modifications system yet for Xenforo 1.2.

What I can tell you is that if you only want the steam profile to show up in a specific form, you can actually just edit the steam_message_user_info template that's apart of this addon.

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.steamDisplayMessageInfo} AND {$user.steam_auth_id} > 0">

REPLACE WITH

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.steamDisplayMessageInfo} AND {$user.steam_auth_id} > 0 AND {$forum.node_id} == {number}">

Where {number} is the id of the forum. For example: I have a Minecraft category and I just want steam profile to show up in any posts under there. It's ID is 29 (http://ragecagegaming.com/forum/category/minecraft.29/) so my replacement would be:

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.steamDisplayMessageInfo} AND {$user.steam_auth_id} > 0 AND {$forum.node_id} == 29">

That will do what I desired. If you use the top right floating Steam Profile, that would be the same edit, but under template steam_message_content.

I can add this part as a feature so it won't require template edits (I should just be able to pull directly from xenOptions). But this still won't remove an avatar entirely. That needs to be an edit on a XenForo template outside of the addon.

Hmm. I'm running on xfhost so there shouldn't be any complications there. My location showed fine for me when I had it installed, it was other users that it was messing up for.

EDIT:

I'll give it a shot. I do have a few add-ons installed currently. It could be an issue with those but I'll more than likely keep steam uninstalled either way until a solution can be found. I'll test it out and get back to you if it turns out it was another add-on.

Please keep me posted.

EDIT: I found a bug with the code that is causing this problem, I'm just unsure of how I'm going to go about fixing it at the moment. The update release I had planned for this previous weekend to fix the install error is put on hold until I can include this bugfix. I'm hoping to have this resolved sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Hey @Nights and @Amaury have you tried replicating this bug in other browsers? I have a user logged in to Chrome and one in Firefox. The user on Chrome (admin or normal user) will have his/her location reported correctly. However when the user on Firefox moves places on the forums, that activity doesn't update.

This is really odd.

EDIT: I noticed you guys did your test in Firefox, which is lining up with what I'm seeing.

Hey @Nights and @Amaury have you tried replicating this bug in other browsers? I have a user logged in to Chrome and one in Firefox. The user on Chrome (admin or normal user) will have his/her location reported correctly. However when the user on Firefox moves places on the forums, that activity doesn't update.

This is really odd.

EDIT: I noticed you guys did your test in Firefox, which is lining up with what I'm seeing.

I'll have him reinstall it when he's on again and check.

I'll have him reinstall it when he's on again and check.

I would recommend leaving it installed, having the add-on disabled won't cause any issues if it remains installed. Would help during troubleshooting. That way it's just a simple click of a checkbox.

Is there any way this could be causing Permissions errors like this:

57ccff308cbe8c9298fa5d4f32445f58.png

@HowIChrgeLazer I'm getting same error too. The error happens randomly, which is causing some pain to find the culprit​

i'm working with @Eoj Nawoh to narrow down the addon causing it. I've disabled steam integration today to see if that stops the error.

@Eoj Nawoh and @arms I see what you mean, that's happening on the main forums, not steam statistics. No I've never seen that bug on my forums for 1.1 or 1.2. If you guys have anything in your logs or anything that shows this relates to this addon let me know.

I find it odd that this addon would affect the main page like that though, I have a feeling it isn't Steam Auth.

@Eoj Nawoh and @arms I see what you mean, that's happening on the main forums, not steam statistics. No I've never seen that bug on my forums for 1.1 or 1.2. If you guys have anything in your logs or anything that shows this relates to this addon let me know.

I find it odd that this addon would affect the main page like that though, I have a feeling it isn't Steam Auth.

I didn't think it was Steam either, and I've tested each addons, but for the time being, I've narrowed it down to a few, including Steam and just recently turned it off, and haven't gotten the error since (jury is still out of course).

I don't think any of my permission sets rely on Steam, but it is used through the forum in everyone's profiles, plus our staff list pulls from the addon to create little Steam badges.

That's very strange. The only thing Steam Auth adds to the main page is some javascript. Anything permission related is only on the steam statistics pages. I'll see if I can recreate it. Which browser and which version of XenForo?

EDIT: Any error logs to include?

That's very strange. The only thing Steam Auth adds to the main page is some javascript. Anything permission related is only on the steam statistics pages. I'll see if I can recreate it. Which browser and which version of XenForo?

EDIT: Any error logs to include?

Chrome (It has happened on mobile phones, tablets) , 1.2.2.

And no error logs. Sadly.

Top Bottom