Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
I registered and looked at your forum code. Your Blog Details link looks to be creating another block before Steam Integration.

My money is on that blog addon template causing the issue.

I would not be the least surprised that it was. Thanks much, I've fixed it. :)

Last edited:
You should add it so you can view how many hours someone has played games on this so people dont have to go externally to steam. (Not combined hours, individual.)

Has nothing to do with Xenforo 1.1.5 as far as I can tell. My test bed for 1.1.5 compatibility doesn't do that. I changed the way the listener detects which javascript to use in this last update. I know I fixed it for HTTPS issues and I'm using XenForo's options to get the fullURI. Not sure why it's still happening to you.

Does this also do it on the default skin? Do you have a windows webserver? Are you overwriting all the files on the add-on update upload? Do you have any sort of php cache running that needs to be cleared?

Has nothing to do with Xenforo 1.1.5 as far as I can tell. My test bed for 1.1.5 compatibility doesn't do that. I changed the way the listener detects which javascript to use in this last update. I know I fixed it for HTTPS issues and I'm using XenForo's options to get the fullURI. Not sure why it's still happening to you.

Does this also do it on the default skin? Do you have a windows webserver? Are you overwriting all the files on the add-on update upload? Do you have any sort of php cache running that needs to be cleared?
Just tried on a fresh Xen 1.1.5 installation, default theme, same thing. Hmmm

There's something with your setup that's causing it I think. Maybe some configuration or software. What version of PHP do you have? Are you using apache, nginx, lighthttpd?

What's confusing is, the bug you're submitting is something people had when they used HTTPS. I changed the code to fix it and other sites that used to have the problem your having don't any longer. As far as I know you're the only one who does have this problem at this point (and you're not even using HTTPS).

I mean it definitely could be a bug with my logic, but because you're the only one with the issue, it makes it hard to reproduce.

There's something with your setup that's causing it I think. Maybe some configuration or software. What version of PHP do you have? Are you using apache, nginx, lighthttpd?

What's confusing is, the bug you're submitting is something people had when they used HTTPS. I changed the code to fix it and other sites that used to have the problem your having don't any longer. As far as I know you're the only one who does have this problem at this point (and you're not even using HTTPS).

I mean it definitely could be a bug with my logic, but because you're the only one with the issue, it makes it hard to reproduce.
Very strange.

PHP: 5 (that's all webhost says I could ask for exact version)
Apache, I am using Cloudflare, but on a test domain without cloudflare I still get it. I'm wondering if it's something else.

I am using cloudflare as well on my 1.1.5 testbed. No issues on my end. I have known cloudflare caching and acceleration to muck up javascript though.

It would be helpful to know what OS your webserver is on as well as the exact php version. Unfortunately, you'll have to get a bit more detail. PHP 5.0 came out in 2004 with PHP 5.5 being the latest release.

I'm currently running 5.4.

I was having issues when installing this add-on. Specifically, I got the following error:

ErrorException: file_get_contents(http://api.steampowered.com/IPlayer...p;include_played_free_games=1&amp;format=json) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized - library/Steam/Helper/Steam.php:141

The "Overview" tab states that this is due to a missing API key, but seeing I'm installing the add-on, I haven't had the ability to enter an API key yet.

I ended up editing the Manufacture.php and commenting out the line that runs the initial cron job. I'm guessing that those who manage to run the installation so far all upgraded, as new users will have the same issue I had.

I was having issues when installing this add-on. Specifically, I got the following error:

The "Overview" tab states that this is due to a missing API key, but seeing I'm installing the add-on, I haven't had the ability to enter an API key yet.

I ended up editing the Manufacture.php and commenting out the line that runs the initial cron job. I'm guessing that those who manage to run the installation so far all upgraded, as new users will have the same issue I had.

Good catch, I'll change that manufacture.php so it won't run the initial sync. That sounds like a hold over for when it grabbed XML data (which didn't need an API key). Thanks for the report.

How I can add steamrep.com link and tf2b.com link like screenshot below?
Jfy3cSY.jpg

I've got this screenshot from this link: http://dota2traders.com/forum/thread/sudden-drop-in-ti3-courier-prices.81897/

Last edited:
This addon has a helper you can use to get a user's SteamID or SteamID64, so it's just a matter of creating a section in your XenForo template with those images, and tacking on the user's SteamID to the URL to those external websites.

SteamID Helper: {xen:helper steamid, $value}
SteamID64: {$user.steam_auth_id}

If you need an example of how this addon does it for the steam profile, just look at the addon's templates, like steam_message_user_info.

EDIT: So if you did something like http://tf2b.com/tf2/{$user.steam_auth_id} in the template, that would end up as a legit backpack URL.

EDIT 2: The actual variable change depending on XenForo and addon changes, if you need to find a value in particular (like external auth > steam), you can dump $user using xen dump to see it's contents.

Last edited:
Excellent add-on and everything, there's just one small problem. For certain users, with this add-on installed, all user activities are marked as Viewing Forum List.

For instance when viewing a thread, if someone were to view my member card instead of reading 'Viewing thread *insert thread title*' it would read 'Viewing Forum List'.

I really like this add-on but until this issue can be resolved I can't leave it installed on my forum. Hopefully you can fix this issue soon ^^

I'm running 1.2.1 on xfhost server.

Here's a link to a video one of my admins made,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Excellent add-on and everything, there's just one small problem. For certain users, with this add-on installed, all user activities are marked as Viewing Forum List.

For instance when viewing a thread, if someone were to view my member card instead of reading 'Viewing thread *insert thread title*' it would read 'Viewing Forum List'.

I really like this add-on but until this issue can be resolved I can't leave it installed on my forum. Hopefully you can fix this issue soon ^^

I'm running 1.2.1 on xfhost server.

Here's a link to a video one of my admins made,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I will attempt to investigate the issue this weekend.

EDIT: Just as an initial investigation. I can't reproduce this on my forums yet. I have SteamAuth enabled and when I navigate to other threads it properly displays my last seen location.

Last edited:
Getting this error on some people and works fine on others. Seems to be when they use steam to register and then it actually kills there avatar on steam too.

*** used to protect the innocent

Code:
ErrorException: getimagesize() [<a href='function.getimagesize'>function.getimagesize</a>]: Read error! - library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php:88
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 2:27 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'getimagesize() ...', '/var/sites/o/om...', 88, Array)
#1 public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(88): getimagesize('/var/sites/o/om...')
#2 public_html/library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(500): XenForo_Model_Avatar->applyAvatar(19, '/var/sites/o/om...')
#3 public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->actionSteamRegister()
#4 public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(42) "http://omgodus.com/register/steam/register"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(13) {
["username"] => string(9) "******"
["email"] => string(25) "********@gmail.com"
["timezone"] => string(15) "America/Chicago"
["dob_month"] => string(1) "6"
["dob_day"] => string(2) "28"
["dob_year"] => string(4) "1990"
["gender"] => string(4) "male"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["associate_login"] => string(0) ""
["associate_password"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["redirect"] => string(19) "*************"
["location"] => string(31) "Texas, United States of America"
}
}

I find it hard to believe that it would kill their avatar on the steam client. It authenticates with an OpenID so XenForo shouldn't have access to the steam account in that way.

As for the avatar, the handle error could be caused by the fact the image does not exist. It looks like in that particular error, it's trying to obtain the image locally from your webserver.

Code:
#1 public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(88): getimagesize('/var/sites/o/om...')

As far as I remember from the code, the avatar is downloaded from an image url on the Steam Community using the API, then saved to a temporary location on the webserver until it's applied to the user. This download will only happen if the URL for the avatar is not empty.

If I had to hazard a guess, your webserver is having problems obtaining the image from the Steam Community website. If it works sometimes, it may not be a permission issue locally, so it may be on how it's downloading from the Steam Community url. Is DNS working correctly on the server? It's possible it's not downloading an actual image.

EDIT: That or the Steam Community may have been over capacity at that time?

Thanks @HowIChrgeLazer, a very detailed response. I've had around 10 people sync successfully today and 2 that got the error. I'll keep a watch see if it happens again.

Top Bottom