sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

hello,

have your gallery the permisssion: guest can see the gallery and albums, but not the pictures?
Album's permissions and Photo's permissions are set by users on album/photo basic. Anyway, what do they see in the album if they cannot see pictures? Empty? :D

sonnb updated sonnb - XenGallery with a new update entry:

New importers, new options, RSS feed, bug fixing

- New Importers have been added.
+ PhotoPost vBGallery 2.3.x+ (vB 3.7.x+) -> XenGallery
+ vB 3.8.x albums -> XenGallery
+ PhotoPlog Pro 2.1.4+ -> XenGallery
+ [DBTech] Gallery Pro 1.2.8 (vB 4.x) -> XenGallery
- RSS feed for gallery index and album index.
- Added album/photo/comment's actions to XenForo IP logs.
- Added an option to add user's page to breadcrumb before album's name.
- Added options to disable camera and location page and their functionalities.
- Minor code and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sonnb you are a beast man. you get er done. I am really, really impressed at your work and the timeliness you do it. Well, mainly with just the gallery. Thank you very much for working so hard on this gallery. This is the best gallery I've seen on any forum software ever. This gallery is better than some galleries I've seen on Wordpress, even if the page doesn't refresh when viewing the next photo, it's still the best. And it's cool you'll fix that later too.

Last edited:
Thanks for getting rid of xengallery_comments_area and making it so that the message_user_info isn't being called because I was using Jakes Big and Tall avatars template edit which made me then have to edit that template directly to comment out the avatar since it wasn't resized right.

I'm attempted to buy this even if I don't have the use yet, ahah. :P

sonnb, what are your global plans for the next updates ?

H sonnb

Is there a way for this kind of authorization for viewing and using categories?

This is, for example, a structure given from the site administrator

categories 1 (All Goups allowed to see and use this category)
- categories 1.1 (All Goups allowed to see and use this category)
categories 2 (All registered Members allowed to see and use this category)
categories 3 (Category for hierarchy only)
- categories 3.1 (Membergroup X allowed to see and use this category)
- categories 3.2 (Membergroup Y allowed to see and use this category)
categories 4 (Category for Staff Only)

I'm very interessted in a gallery and I bought two until now but there is no chance of doing a structure like this ...

H sonnb

Is there a way for this kind of authorization for viewing and using categories?

This is, for example, a structure given from the site administrator

categories 1 (All Goups allowed to see and use this category)
- categories 1.1 (All Goups allowed to see and use this category)
categories 2 (All registered Members allowed to see and use this category)
categories 3 (Category for hierarchy only)
- categories 3.1 (Membergroup X allowed to see and use this category)
- categories 3.2 (Membergroup Y allowed to see and use this category)
categories 4 (Category for Staff Only)

I'm very interessted in a gallery and I bought two until now but there is no chance of doing a structure like this ...
There is no. Viewing permission are based on single photo/album. Categories are just for classifying purpose so there is no categories permissions.

There are a lot of situations you need category permissions. For example you have exclusive stuff, or adult stuff or stuff that will be only needed for internal groups.

I did a online magazine for years and we had this kind of gallery for vBulletin with this permission management and we would need it. This hast nothing to do with an overkill feature, more with local rights. For example: We are not allowed to show screens from adult shooter or something like this to kids. But the Kids section should be free for everyone. :)

Last edited:
There are a lot of situations you need category permissions. For example you have exclusive stuff, or adult stuff or stuff that will be only needed for internal groups.

I did a online magazine for years and we had this kind of gallery for vBulletin with this permission management and we would need it. This hast nothing to do with an overkill feature, more with local rights. For example: We not allowed to show screens from adult shooter or somesthing like this to kids. But the Kids section should be free for everyone. :)
I understand your situation. I would think more about that.

Top Bottom