sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

yeah..you know...I am a modest guy. I do not want to steal the young swimmers the show.... :cool:

I have got your addon already. Thanks for this fast transaction. Now I need to find the time to experiment with the importing...

Will keep you updated...

Hi,

I am doing right now a test import of Photopost Pro with XF integration. Takes a while though. Over 1 hour already for importing categories and still not finished this step. I am at 25% now.

How long can I expect it to import this, if there are around 15.000 users, 5000 images and 5000 comments?

While it is still in the first step of importing categories (now at around 41%), I tried another installation on another testforum. This time I just wanted to import from the addon XF-Albums. Only 292 images. This went fine. But while viewing the images, they seem to be now significant less sharp as the same images viewed in XF-albums.

How can this be?

Hi,

I am doing right now a test import of Photopost Pro with XF integration. Takes a while though. Over 1 hour already for importing categories and still not finished this step. I am at 25% now.

How long can I expect it to import this, if there are around 15.000 users, 5000 images and 5000 comments?
It depends on your server performances. Import images might take longer as it need to resize images.
While it is still in the first step of importing categories (now at around 41%), I tried another installation on another testforum. This time I just wanted to import from the addon XF-Albums. Only 292 images. This went fine. But while viewing the images, they seem to be now significant less sharp as the same images viewed in XF-albums.

How can this be?
Your mean [xfru] User Album? This addon show full size of images when viewing (event it is few MB), while XenGallery would resize images to a considerable size for better performance. That why you might see a little bit different (if any, because XenGallery set quality at 100% so no reduction here).

It depends on your server performances. Import images might take longer as it need to resize images.

mmmhhh, I was just surprised, because it is only the first step in the importing process and I did not know, that while importing categories, that also images are already imported. I thought images would be a seperated step.

So I wait and see. The process ist still ongoing (still first step). There was an error after ca. 51% and stopped, but it seems with using the back button of the browser it still continues now...

Is there any other way of importing everything on my local pc?

mmmhhh, I was just surprised, because it is only the first step in the importing process and I did not know, that while importing categories, that also images are already imported. I thought images would be a seperated step.

So I wait and see. The process ist still ongoing (still first step). There was an error after ca. 51% and stopped, but it seems with using the back button of the browser it still continues now...

Is there any other way of importing everything on my local pc?
You could make a test board on your local PC and try the import. It is strange for taking that such of long time. Categories and Photos are separated steps (they are 2 buttons as you could see).

You could make a test board on your local PC and try the import. It is strange for taking that such of long time. Categories and Photos are separated steps (they are 2 buttons as you could see).

it shows me this:

importcategories.webp

and then this:

servererror.webp

I am on a shared server and maximum scrip execution time is 180 sec. Yesterday evening it went without any error for arond 5 hours. This morning it gives me this error every 10 minutes...

Last edited:
It is not 56%. It is 56000%. You should stop it. Could you PC me an account to look at it?

o.k., I thought this would be only a typo of the script. I just sent you the data over PM. I will stop the process then now...

edit: Where do I actually stop this process? It gives me only these options:

stop_process.webp

sonnb updated sonnb - XenGallery with a new update entry:

Added inline moderation, category's permission, advanced photo search fields...

- Added Permission for category. You could configure who can view, who can post.
- Added option to add some copyright/TOS text to gallery pages. (Appears above xengallery's default copyright).
- Added option to enable advanced photo search fields (ISO, Shutter Speed,...). This option requires rebuild search index for Photo.
- Added inline moderation for photos (album view) and comments (photo view, album view). This feature is visible to users who have "Delete any photo" or "Delete any comment"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is REALLY HOLIDAY! Updated Gallery, rebuild search index, rebuild albums and photos....
NEW options works like a CHARM!!! I am very satisfied!
@sonnb, THANK YOU and just keep going!

You are fast man.... (y)

I have an understanding problem on how XenGallery works compared to PhotoPost Pro.

In PP, the basic concept is, that the admin creates several predefined categories and the users then can upload images to these fixed categories and can comment, rate etc. on these images. The possibility to create albums are more or less a sideeffect in PP. A nice to have feature, but not the basic concept.

These albums are created by the users themselves (if they want to). Most of the users do not have albums at all. These users only upload into the categories (i.e. landscapes, wildlife, people, B&W photography) and are not interested in albums. So it is quite common to have 20.000 images in all these categories, but only 500 images in albums. The images in the albums are totally different ones than the images in the categories. They are uploaded seperately.

After having now the first test import done (actually you did it for me because of a speciall problem) and looking at XenGallery, it seems to me that everything is based on albums and so it is not possible to keep the exact same structure of the gallery after converting from PP to XenGallery. I see at the moment only albums, and if I select from the drop-down menu a category, no images are existing in this category. But it should have over 3000 images in total in different categories.

Is this correct? And if yes, is there any hope to produce a similar category based concept in XenGallery?

Thanks again for your help.

---

update: I found out:

Everything is based on Albums in XG. So you import all PP first, then you go in ACP and select the different "albums" and "move" them with the butoon on the bottom into the category where it belongs to. That's it.

There are some minor text tweaks to be done, so that it sound better when selecting as a user a category, but this is minor stuff...

Last edited:
Can you make this the home page for a site? Do you need to use it in parallel with something like the Noforo add on to do that?

Top Bottom