sonnb - Stop Spam Here [Paid] [Deleted]

I've also experienced the "xxxx tried to register" log entry but the user isn't always placed into moderation correctly. That's with a confidence level of 70 set. Some are handled correctly though.

I've also experienced the "xxxx tried to register" log entry but the user isn't always placed into moderation correctly. That's with a confidence level of 70 set. Some are handled correctly though.
It is appeared that current way to handle created users sometime does not work as expected, it would be replaced with new method in the next version.

I'm still not getting registrations being picked up by stopforumspam.
Its selected for email and IP address with a confidence level of 40% and its still not detecting users that are listed on the SFS search.
The latest one had 12 entries for his email alone. There is nothing in the logs other than when people under 20 posts try to post a link (which is working).

I'm still not getting registrations being picked up by stopforumspam.
Its selected for email and IP address with a confidence level of 40% and its still not detecting users that are listed on the SFS search.
The latest one had 12 entries for his email alone. There is nothing in the logs other than when people under 20 posts try to post a link (which is working).
Hello Optrex,

I am unable to promise you the result of Stop Forum Spam check but I promise that I would add more anti-spam services in the future versions. Combine some services might help us to prevent spammer better (but the delay would increase also).

SFS is gettings lots of good reviews in the spam thread.

It sure seems like someone hates XF. I've never had much spam before (like 5 banned users in one year...). I've deleted or banned over 200 in the last few days. I got the
sonnb - Stop Spam Here addon and it already blocked what ever spam I got last night. It seems to be working well!

I think it should be another small addon to limit bbcode, url inside this field (as same as Signature permission) rather than integrate to Spam addon.

That would be a welcome feature. XF should have an option to disallow BBcode in About section and possibly even disable the about section.

Would Stop Spam Here do what VJ wants ?
VJ: Do you want the post to go to moderation ?
Legitimate posters post links too.
Nah I want it to just block it, sure real people post links, but if it said you can't post links until you post X amount more messages, they would accept it. Bots on the other hand wouldn't be able to do anything.

Nah I want it to just block it, sure real people post links, but if it said you can't post links until you post X amount more messages, they would accept it. Bots on the other hand wouldn't be able to do anything.
How to you know the different between bots and real people? What is the different if he/she/bot just post a link? Bots should be detected by Akismet. Links and Keywords just for advanced checking.

How to you know the different between bots and real people? What is the different if he/she/bot just post a link? Bots should be detected by Akismet. Links and Keywords just for advanced checking.
My forum is a gaming community, with something so direct, it's pretty easy to see when it's spam. Most peoples first post is in the introduction section, then a few in existing threads. All my spam has been in my very first section, always has a link and/or image, and a lot of it has been in Russian. With how my community normally acts, this won't affect them nearly at all, but will kill the spam I am getting.

My forum is a gaming community, with something so direct, it's pretty easy to see when it's spam. Most peoples first post is in the introduction section, then a few in existing threads. All my spam has been in my very first section, always has a link and/or image, and a lot of it has been in Russian. With how my community normally acts, this won't affect them nearly at all, but will kill the spam I am getting.
But I still do not get what you need more on this addon :D

But I still do not get what you need more on this addon :D
I don't need anything sorry, my quote was pulled here from a different topic by someone, and that's how this started. With 2 plugins and changing default XenForo settings I was able to stop the mass amount of spam I was getting for free, so I don't really need to pay for this, not sure why any one would, no offense.

Top Bottom