So I guess Post Icons are officially dead?

I prefer having the option of post icons but I can see why they aren't present. Because there's a vast amount of people who like post icons I personally feel that an enable/disable option should be implemented in the admincp end so both parties are happy. Having that option (I'm sure) will be a first and a nice feature to have being able to turn it on or off. Just some food for thought.

But it's a pretty pointless feature, and all it'll do is take more time to implement. It's just better no even there. There are just too many things you can do to a thread to customize it, an icon isn't needed too.

The only part I'm interested is a visual notification of threads you participated, into each thread line.
Xen will have that feature. :)

Are you a prophet or do you have insider info? No, but I'm with you, I'd like to see some sort of indication of whether or not I participated in a thread.

It took a little bit of getting used to. But then you realize how little time you actually spent on staring at the post icons on other boards, are they blue or red, is there a dot on it, or lock, or .. etc, etc.

Now I just open the forum, see the avatars of the users, some might be more interesting to me than others. And I can see what is new content.

For me, that's what gets me hooked, and it gives a clean overview.

It took a little bit of getting used to. But then you realize how little time you actually spent on staring at the post icons on other boards, are they blue or red, is there a dot on it, or lock, or .. etc, etc.

Now I just open the forum, see the avatars of the users, some might be more interesting to me than others. And I can see what is new content.

For me, that's what gets me hooked, and it gives a clean overview.

I couldn't agree more, Floris. :)

Post icons doesn't bother me either. How many people half the time, spend time to choose the right one that matches the thread title in every single thread they create?

Post icons doesn't bother me either. How many people half the time, spend time to choose the right one that matches the thread title in every single thread they create?

Personally, I've never chosen a post icon. I don't even know where the option is to select one on vB, and I've been running vB since vB2.

Old school person here. I could care less about a persons avatar on a threadbit. Many times on website setups for clients avatars and signatures are off even in the postbit (only shown in profile / memberlist).

Post icons are great as they are simple subject or mood expressions per thread.

Top Bottom